PDA

View Full Version : Frontage for your rigs.

DJ Frankie
25-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi Guys

Been watching Briansredd on you tube and he has purchased some great black skirting for the front of his rig.

What do you think of these. http://www.djskirts.com/

Unfortunately they are based in the states but love the idea.

rob1963
25-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys

Been watching Briansredd on you tube and he has purchased some great black skirting for the front of his rig.

What do you think of these. http://www.djskirts.com/

Unfortunately they are based in the states but love the idea.

From the pic it just looks like a larger version of what I made for myself using MDF, carpet covering & a few hinges for about £30, but presumably it costs a bit more than that!

I think I'll stick to my home-made surround, which has the advantage of being the exact size (height & width) that I require for my specific set up.

:)

Corabar Steve
25-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I like the look of that.

CRAZY K
25-04-2008, 10:19 AM
From the pic it just looks like a larger version of what I made for myself using MDF, carpet covering & a few hinges for about £30, but presumably it costs a bit more than that!

I think I'll stick to my home-made surround, which has the advantage of being the exact size (height & width) that I require for my specific set up.

:)

So are you saying Rob you no longer use a table supplied by the Venue?

WOT NO TABLE:(

Im thinking of upgrading to that:D :D :D

CRAZY K

rob1963
25-04-2008, 10:22 AM
So are you saying Rob you no longer use a table supplied by the Venue?

WOT NO TABLE:(

Im thinking of upgrading to that:D :D :D

CRAZY K

I still use a table supplied by the venue, Crazy, but that goes behind me to put the boxes of CDs on.....

.....BUT, when I start using my digital console (hopefully before the end of next month) I won't have any CDs (apart from a few in a wallet for back up), so I will no longer NEED a table!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

UltraBeat Entertainment
25-04-2008, 10:23 AM
looks good but can't see it offering much protection to the gear behind.

The structure reminds me of the handrails you get on disabled ramps:)

djsteve10
25-04-2008, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't consider this an upgrade for myself as i am now saving up my pennys for a S&H Dj Booth :D:D:D

DJ Frankie
25-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't consider this an upgrade for myself as i am now saving up my pennys for a S&H Dj Booth :D:D:D

What not even the tripod skirts, :p now they do look a mess.

I must say I like the cover that goes around the top of a table even has small mouse holes for the cables.

If you have never heard of Briansredd check him out on youtube talikng about it. His vids are great along with johnathan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOyTlnqOLzY

djsteve10
25-04-2008, 12:21 PM
What not even the tripod skirts, :p now they do look a mess.

I must say I like the cover that goes around the top of a table even has small mouse holes for the cables.

If you have never heard of Briansredd check him out on youtube talikng about it. His vids are great along with johnathan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOyTlnqOLzY

Tripod skirts they do look a mess,

I watch Briansredds videos quiet alot and seen alot of his videos on youtube,

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-04-2008, 12:41 PM
I just find these videos a bit patronising...

Here we have a six foot table....really!??

Dragonfly
25-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I just find these videos a bit patronising...

Here we have a six foot table....really!??

you do have to accept the fact though that there is a high percentage of thick people in the world these days so as idiot proof as possible is always a bonus ....

"on this table ive put a few things a dj might use some electrical equipment ...... oh and right next to them something cold and wet"

(please see the sequal ..... how to create cheap pyrotechnics at your gigs)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

djsteve10
25-04-2008, 12:57 PM
you do have to accept the fact though that there is a high percentage of thick people in the world these days so as idiot proof as possible is always a bonus ....

"on this table ive put a few things a dj might use some electrical equipment ...... oh and right next to them something cold and wet"

(please see the sequal ..... how to create cheap pyrotechnics at your gigs)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now thats something that has just come to my attention with the drink on the table.... "Lets show the dj how to break his mixer by adding Pepsi to it"

Penfold42
25-04-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't like it....not something i would buy....would rather save my money and get a "Star cloth DJ Booth"...much nicer...IMO. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-04-2008, 02:35 PM

Sadly, I think you're right...

robbiedj
25-04-2008, 04:09 PM
It's 1.5in plastic pipe. Now, how will that stand up to the drunk coming up and leaning on it? :eek:

One Vision
25-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Very very easy to make one yourself, but rather than using flimsy plastic tube use steel tube and spray black.
All you have to do to secure the bends to the pipe is by drilling say a 5mm hole in each, but first numbering them and then use some kind of pin with a flat end on one side so it only goes in so far, basically just like any other lighting or DJ stand has the pins.
Some of the angles could actually be fixed properly, especially the upright sections so just a case of inserting the top, bottom of the front and the same on the sides.
As an extra precaution you could even put a center upright in by using a couple of T-junctions so if it gets leaned on it wont bend.
This would be quite strong and to give it a bit more strength, Velcro to the table legs.

I may have a go at one of these as I like the idea of them.

cara
25-04-2008, 06:40 PM
i'm really interested in buying one of the dj pro booths from djskirts, can anybody point me in the right direction as to how i go about buying one?

they're based in the usa so i don't think they deliver to the uk, or do they?

thanks guys

the one i've got my eye on is the mobile pro booth, heres the link www.djskirts.com

Ajaysdisco
25-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I use an Ultimax curtain with an Ultimax deck stand.
The stands are a solid as a rock, the curtain is supported at the front with a steel rail along the top and it is about 1 foot higher than the top of the deck stand.
It has the advantage of packing up very small but it is expensive for what it is.
I have been using one for a few months now and I haven’t had any problems with people leaning on it.

Corabar Steve
26-04-2008, 09:12 AM
i'm really interested in buying one of the dj pro booths from djskirts, can anybody point me in the right direction as to how i go about buying one?

they're based in the usa so i don't think they deliver to the uk, or do they?

thanks guys

the one i've got my eye on is the mobile pro booth, heres the link www.djskirts.com

Read the site. They will ship anywhere in the world.

Click on Locate a dealer, then All other countries

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I use an Ultimax curtain with an Ultimax deck stand.
The stands are a solid as a rock, the curtain is supported at the front with a steel rail along the top and it is about 1 foot higher than the top of the deck stand.
It has the advantage of packing up very small but it is expensive for what it is.
I have been using one for a few months now and I haven’t had any problems with people leaning on it.

Unfortunatley these don't go round the sides though and I think they look rather unfinished.

cara
26-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Read the site. They will ship anywhere in the world.

Click on Locate a dealer, then All other countries

i've done that steve, but can't figure it out, it goes right over my head

it's asking for weight, and postcode, towns, what state it's coming from and everything

could you (or anybody, please,please:beer1: ) possibly find out how much it will cost in total (to buy and to ship to the wirral in merseyside) in £uk

it's exactly what i've been looking for, i just want to know if i can afford it or not

i'll owe you one:beer1: