PDA

View Full Version : How Much For A Website?

pagan_flame
27-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I am, like many others, somewhat quiet in terms of gigs & new enquiries this month - however, some old clients of mine from when I used to do web and graphic design have once again returned to the fold, dissatisfied with their new and flashier sites...

So, the point; I do basic HTML websites with custom graphics - nothing dynamic (ASP / PHP) and although I used to be good with Flash and Director I haven't used either for a few years. Mostly built with tables, frames and text (scales to the window and search engine-friendly).

What should I be charging them these days? E.g. How much for yer basic working man's 5 pager? How much extra for Flash etc? My website (link in sig) is an example of what I do these days.

Marc J
28-04-2008, 07:52 AM
It's the old "how much is a piece of string" really...I rarely do static sites these days but if I was quiet and someone asked, then for 5 static pages with a basic layout I'd charge a few hundred.

As you know, the bulk of the work is in the initial design, so there wouldn't be much difference between 2 and 6 pages, and it would become cheaper "per page" after that.

It all depends how long you think it'll take you, and what you value your time at, at the end of the day.

P.S. If you do these and you need hosting, let me know :D

pagan_flame
28-04-2008, 08:32 AM
P.S. If you do these and you need hosting, let me know :D

I will, and I will! :D

Cheers. :beer1:

Dragonfly
28-04-2008, 09:21 AM
How much for a website ....aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh !!!!!

same price as a disco mate :D :D :D :D

I suppose it really depends what you want in it and from it I think badgers cost £100 ish , the company im with offer to build you one for about £200 but the monthly payments are quite expensive.

Marc J has already posted so I won't state the obvious :D :D :D very good i'm told :D so i really would make that call before all others.

bank
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I've designed a few sites, and its usually around the £250 mark, + hosting + domains, so usually totals to £310 ish. But it all depends on your ability to design, I design using photoshop, then into xhtml css, making it easy for search engines to pick up, easy to code, and I can edit the design of all pages from one file (rather than having to change every table size).

Its just like djing really, if you're really good then you can charge more, if you're alright but nothing special you charge less, get my drift?

Have a look at what other people are designing, and compare it to what you have.