PDA

View Full Version : Acme LED lights whats hot and whats not?

DJWayne
28-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I fancy changing a few lights aorund in my rig this year and have looked at some of the Acme LED lights that are available on the net.

The video demo's always look impressive but i havent had chance to get a look at any of these effects first hand so was wondering if anybody on here has any of the units themselves or has seen them at a show and what the general feeling about the quality of these units are as some of them are rather cheap.

Shaun
28-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I use the impossibLED's, and they are great value for money. I haven't seen or used any of the others that are on the market.

JAMdisco
28-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I'll be keeping a keen eye on this thread as I'm also seriously considering the Acme LED range, although people who know me will understand that by the time I've researched, decided, researched again, decided, resea........

LED will be old technology:D

Dragonfly
28-04-2008, 08:11 PM
as said the impoosibled is a good unit big but i personally love the effect from them some of the smaller units get lost in comparison ...

i saw an led moving head by american dj on youtube the other day which i personally really liked.

Tom
28-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I use the impossibLED's, and they are great value for money. I haven't seen or used any of the others that are on the market.

I have one of these aswell and this if my favourite light at the moment. I also have 2x marvled which is smaller than the impossible but gives a lot of colour and covers a large area aswell. :)

i saw an led moving head by american dj on youtube the other day which i personally really liked.

Yeah, if im correct thats the X-Move. Really good light and its really small aswell but it's not out for a while. Ill be waiting for that to come out. :D:D:D

videoguy
29-04-2008, 07:06 AM
I use 4 impossibleds and I just got two miracleds as well, I think out of the full acme range, they give the most light and best effects for the money.
Have a look on my web site in the picture gallery on how the 4 impossibleds look linked together.

Cheers Chris.
www.chris-norfolk.co.uk

KaraokeDJ
29-04-2008, 08:00 AM
A set of SupaNovas and 2 Maveleds were added to my rig a few months ago. The SupaNovas are 'ok' but the Marveleds are brilliant - I'm pleased I bought 2 of them.

Dillmiester
29-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Ive got a Miracled arriving this week, so I will post my thoughts soon.
Its like Christmas!

KaraokeDJ
29-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Ive got a Miracled arriving this week, so I will post my thoughts soon.
Its like Christmas!

I look forwarf to your thoughts. I've seen a video demo of the Miracled but it wasn't a very good vid. Am thinking of getting one or two by the end of the year. I think they are a lot more powerful than the Marveleds with a lot more LEDs and a heck of a lot more programs.

mark@pegasus
29-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I currently use the SuperNova and 4 LEDJ PAR56 which I am happy with but I will also be intersted to read the review on the MiracLED as I am looking at one to put in the centre of my show

KaraokeDJ
29-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I currently use the SuperNova and 4 LEDJ PAR56 which I am happy with but I will also be intersted to read the review on the MiracLED as I am looking at one to put in the centre of my show

What do you think of the SupaNovas?

mark@pegasus
29-04-2008, 01:47 PM
If all you are looking for is a flower effect it does the job really well with the built in programs providing a bonus but I still have to use my Scanners to give any real movement on the floor, but i did think it was good value for money

videoguy
29-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Miracleds make a stunning centerpiece, and if you hunt around the net you can pick them up for just over £100.

Chris.
www.chris-norfolk.co.uk

UltraBeat Entertainment
30-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I've been using the ImpossiabLED since January and am very happy with the effect. I find it is a great centre piece effect. Its good value for money, bright and the patterns look great.
Would recommend:approve:

I think in the next year we will see alot more LED effect lighting entering the market so keep your eyes peeled...;)