PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet Vue III VS Impossibled

Sam
30-04-2008, 05:01 PM
So.. from reading some posts.. it seems some people reckon that the Chauvet Vue III is superior.. which helps me as it is cheaper :D

I was wondering what your take is on it?
Which is it wise to go for?

Cheers.
Sam

Dragonfly
30-04-2008, 07:05 PM
the chauvet has 3 colours red blue green the impossibled has 4 i believe red blue green and white i love the impossibled personally 3 colours to an effect would get me thinking twice.

Sam
30-04-2008, 07:12 PM
the chauvet has 3 colours red blue green the impossibled has 4 i believe red blue green and white i love the impossibled personally 3 colours to an effect would get me thinking twice.

Hmm fair enough - thank you!
Could you enlighten me on how the impossibled works.... can you set it so everything is totally white or totally blue for example? Or is it always a mixture?

Kernow
30-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Hmm fair enough - thank you!
Could you enlighten me on how the impossibled works.... can you set it so everything is totally white or totally blue for example? Or is it always a mixture?

Yep it is possible but only through DMX control.

Sam
01-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Yep it is possible but only through DMX control.

Thanks.

soundtracker
01-05-2008, 07:20 AM
I've seen it mentioned somewhere that the American DJ Revo III LED is a more robust version, although I haven't seen it myself- just another option!

Sam
01-05-2008, 07:27 AM
I've seen it mentioned somewhere that the American DJ Revo III LED is a more robust version, although I haven't seen it myself- just another option!

Hmmm yes.
Stairville also seem to do an exact "copy" of the Impossibled. so it is obviously out there under different names.

The white is pretty important I think though.. for me anyway.. so will stay away from the Chuavet i reckon.

*ponders*

UltraBeat Entertainment
01-05-2008, 08:04 AM
And there was me thinking the copies were actually the same:confused:.

I do like the white LED's though as it is rare to get white LED's in any lighting effect. I've noticed that most of the LED Par cans don't even use white and all the other Acme LED effects do not use them. Most effects use the other coloured LED to mix together to make white (that usually never ends up being a bright white like the ImpossiabLED.

I've just noticed the lens of my impossiabLED has come away from the metal case:eek:.Just needs to be opened up and the lens put back in the slots.

soundtracker
01-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I've just noticed the lens of my impossiabLED has come away from the metal case:eek:.Just needs to be opened up and the lens put back in the slots.

Common problem apparently!

UltraBeat Entertainment
01-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Common problem apparently!

Didn't know that:eek: :eek: :eek:
Any permanent solution?

I'm guessing when you slide it back into the correct slot it just comes back out again then.

Could glue it in place or just put a bit of tape to hold it in.

Corabar Steve
01-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Hmmm yes.
Stairville also seem to do an exact "copy" of the Impossibled. so it is obviously out there under different names.

Stairville & Acme products are interchangeable (just wear different badges)

Spirits High
01-05-2008, 10:41 AM

I've got the Revo III, it doesn't have the problem mentioned with lenses dropping out.

Impressed with the build quality

Daryll
01-05-2008, 04:18 PM
The Cyclope is a re-badged Impossibled.
LED display at the rear and Red,Green,Blue and white LED`s.
Love mine.

Daryll

Sam
01-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Cheers chaps.

mike8863
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
then there is the equinox carbon too, which hasn't as many leds and is cheaper!!!!!!! haven't got one, but have an impossibled.

Dillmiester
04-05-2008, 03:38 AM
The Miracled has white Leds!