PDA

View Full Version : What piece of equipment makes the most difference ??

ppentertainments
30-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Lets say you have a 'mediocre' rig which you got by with. Nothing special but done the trick. If you could change 1 piece of equipment ie speakers, amp, mixer etc what do you think would make the biggest difference.

Just something I wondered about - what people think is the item which makes the biggest difference on a rig. I know obviously poor equipment with good equipment does not work before it gets pointed out :D :D

A1DL
30-04-2008, 05:14 PM
A nice big stack of these

http://photo.vixdata.com/data/media/photo/medium/7a1/7a18e584-e30d-4ca2-9b05-e0e53f344b7f.jpg

I found this little gem especially for Harrison, wherever he's hiding :cool:

edit: As Daz has also shown an interest in a pair, I'm afraid as he's the daddy round here, you can only have the little D266. Sorry Harrison :p

rob1963
30-04-2008, 05:17 PM
The one thing I'd change on my disco which would make the biggest improvement is the DJ.

:Laugh:

Tom
30-04-2008, 05:18 PM
For me it would be the mixer as mine is so sensitive if you knock a slider or twist the knobs. :(

Richard Veal
30-04-2008, 05:38 PM
For me it would have to be general tidyness. I would love to be super neat but whilst i try, its not always possible. If it has to be a piece of equipment then i would change the speakers to something smaller but still as powerfull...still looking for that

sleah
30-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I'd have said, if you mean biggest difference for the DJ, the mixer. It's the bit you interact with most, next it would be CD player/HD unit/laptop/other playout weapon of choice.

Ajaysdisco
30-04-2008, 07:26 PM
For me it will be neatness, as with Richard I like to be neat but normally I don’t have chance.
Ideally I would like to change my CD player, its sometimes has a mechanical grinding sound. I cant afford to replace it at the moment and I don’t want to take it apart, these things have a tendency to go “PING” and there’s no way it will go back together!

Penfold42
30-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Speakers for me.........i really don't like mine at this moment in time....and i'm hoping to change them the end of summer.......:)

One Vision
30-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Flight case for the D2 and CD players, at the moment it suits as I only have a smallish estate car so have all in the single box due to space issue in the car.
This case does the job very well but is huge.
I am thinking of custom building one so is longer rather than squire bit like a coffin type but just wide enough for the 3u D2 and CD players to fit in side by side rather than above one another and with an extra 4u mixer spot and 3u high only at the front, CD players on one side and the keyboard at the side of that so would be over all thinner and easy to carry just like a guitar case.

bank
02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
At the moment, I'm waiting to change my speakers, would like something that sounds a load better (to the trained ear), lighter and more bass :P then closely followed by a QSC 1450 amplifier and lastly (for the time being) a new mixer. So really, a completely new set :)

JAMdisco
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
The main thing I would change (I know that's not the question) would be a new mixer. I would like something with more than 2 channels on it, although I've got my eyes on a nice 2 channel mixer and would keep my existing one as a backup. After that (as I've got my sound system pretty much as I wanted) I would invest in some nice DMX lights for an outstanding light show.

pulsemobiledisco
03-05-2008, 01:21 AM
For me it would be my mixer and cd players. I have a Numark CD Mix 2 and it is getting on a bit now and I have just had to have it repaired for the fourth time after the right output stopped working last week, (I had to re wire the PA to mono mid gig!)

Can't afford to chnage yet, but I think I'm going to get myslef a proper mixer in a few months, was thinking the Denon DNX500 and then probably a D2 and some cheapo CD players for backup.

ppentertainments
03-05-2008, 06:59 AM
After last night I have decided my upgrade WILL be a HD Controller. Laptop went off twice and although had a backup still a bit of a hassle. Away today to have a look I think.

Tom
03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
You know what make to go for. ;) :D