PDA

View Full Version : Gear Insurance

pulsemobiledisco
05-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi All

So who do you all use to insure your gear with. I'm pretty miffed with music guard after not paying out on a genuine claim earlier this year, and it's due for renewal next month. It would appear that my musicguard policy is pretty much useless because I use a trailer.

Can anybody suggest any alternatives to musicguard? I don't need combined PLI & gear insurance, I'm probably going to go with NADJ for PLI.

Cheers

Sam

Shaun
05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi Sam,

I'm currently with Music Guard. Can you elaborate on what happened with your claim?. It always worries me when I hear of genuine claims being pushed aside.

pulsemobiledisco
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi Sam,

I'm currently with Music Guard. Can you elaborate on what happened with your claim?. It always worries me when I hear of genuine claims being pushed aside.

Hi Shaun

You may remember I posted in January about an accident I had with my trailer doors. The lock failed causing the doors to swing open I lost my speakers and a couple of lights.

Musicguard will only cover items in a trailer if the trailer is stolen along with the car it is attached to. They won't insure for loss etc when in a trailer. They won't even cover a trailer being broke into. Complete waste of money.

Sam

CRAZY K
05-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi Shaun

You may remember I posted in January about an accident I had with my trailer doors. The lock failed causing the doors to swing open I lost my speakers and a couple of lights.

Musicguard will only cover items in a trailer if the trailer is stolen along with the car it is attached to. They won't insure for loss etc when in a trailer. They won't even cover a trailer being broke into. Complete waste of money.

Sam

Hmmm, looking at my Policy Document with Musicguard the first thing to point out is that yours was a claim UNDER SECTION 2.3 Accidental damage.

I cant see why your claim would not be valid as its Accidental Damage in the UK and they accept that Transit is covered because they specifically exclude Transit claims by a recognised transport provider unless properly cased--so they must cover transit.

They require all doors, windows and in the case of a trailer all locks to be securely fastened and not left unattended--you were towing the trailer.

The only thing I can see is you might have breached Section 5 Condition 5.9 to take reasonable care to prevent Accidental Damage?

Any comments?

CRAZY K