PDA

View Full Version : Handy little tip for BPM on Vista

DazzyD
05-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't know if this advice is useful to anyone else but it has helped me out so I'll post it and is someone else benefits then great.

I was having a little problem with running BPM under Windows Vista in that it wouldn't save the playlists, track library and settings and I didn't know why. However, I was looking at a website for a program called DJ Calendar, a booking diary for DJs. The site said that, to get their program to run under Vista, you need to right-click on the program icon and select "Run as Administrator". Apparently, this allows the program to have write access to the hard disk (I didn't know this about Vista). I tried starting BPM this way and, as if by magic, it's now running more or less exactly the same as it does on my XP machines. No more annoying "unable to save settings" messages.

Like I said, I don't know if this helps anyone else or maybe I'm just a bit thick when it comes to Vista. I'm now off to try the same thing with all the other programs that don't want to work with Vista. :)