PDA

View Full Version : pcdj querey on sony vaio

mldiscos
05-05-2008, 11:24 PM
have recently installed pcdj red on my vaio and when putting tracks into default player list when trying to update the track name, upon clicking the enter button is when all the grief starts it just deletes all the track name and just leaves it blank.

has anyone had the same problem and any way of sorting it out.

Royalblue
06-05-2008, 03:38 PM
can you give a bit more information such as OS, system etc? What file format are you using? MP3, WMA, other?

cara
06-05-2008, 04:29 PM
do you have the tracks 'tagged' properly?

by that i mean have you done right click on the file, properties, summery and made sure the artist & track title are filled in

i had the same problem when i first converted, about 2 months work down the drain.

mldiscos
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Professional Edition
Platform Intel® Centrino® processor technology
Chipset Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset
Microprocessor Full Name Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7250, Supports Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology
Microprocessor Manufacturer Intel®
Microprocessor Speed (GHz) 2
Memory Speed (MHz) 667
Memory Type DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024MB)
Max. Memory (MB) 2048
Memory Size (MB) 2048

there the basics check out full spec here:
http://vaio.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VGN-BX51XP&site=voe_en_GB_prof&category=VN+BX+Series

by that i mean have you done right click on the file, properties, summery and made sure the artist & track title are filled in

i had the same problem when i first converted, about 2 months work down the drain.

as for that question unsure all i do is add tracks to the record case and then click ok and select sub folder and once it's updated it wont let me enter names if appears with the some of the track name but not seperated.

just really annoying

DazzyD
06-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Have you ripped the tracks from CD yourself? If so, you will need to tag them. Get a program such as IDTag or use Windows Media Player to tag them. Or, I think you can get an auto-tagging program which connects to an internet CD database (CDDB or something like that) which is quicker and does it all for you. It's been a while since I've used any of this stuff myself as I tag using BPM but I'll look in to it and post again later.

If you've downloaded the tracks from a store such as iTunes Store, 7Digital or Lastfm, then they should already be tagged for you.

Royalblue
06-05-2008, 08:16 PM
This might be a stupid question but are you trying to use Itunes (AAC)files?

Penfold42
06-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Not sure if it's the same problem but my music wouldn't reconise PCDJ Red...so reinstalled it....when it asks the question "Do you want me to grab all music files?"......click yes......it then worked for me....:)

Jaggiebunnett
08-05-2008, 12:44 AM

this media tagger (http://www.tucows.com/preview/287830) would have helped by tagging you your MP3s to the file name in one go.