PDA

View Full Version : Do you advertise on other sites?

scoopd
13-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Justy curious.There's sites like confetti,Hithced etc all claiming to make a difference to your sales but they certainly make a difference to you wallet-Do they work for you?
I'm drifting off Pay per Click as it's too open to abuse but just wondering if you guys do use any of these wedding supplier sites?

Cheers

Scoopd

soundtracker
13-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Only the free ones - tried a few over the years, but in reality hardly pay their way - even axed uk disco this year as it had ceased to be effective for me

Danno13
13-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I had a confetti listing, got 3 or 4 gigs off it and only a coule more enquiries that didn't convert, so not really enough to warrant the £150 odd it cost, won't be renewing.

theoloyla
13-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Only the free ones and have never had a gig from one yet (that includes this site). Pay silver on UK Disco with some enquiries.

rob1963
13-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Justy curious.There's sites like confetti,Hithced etc all claiming to make a difference to your sales but they certainly make a difference to you wallet-Do they work for you?
I'm drifting off Pay per Click as it's too open to abuse but just wondering if you guys do use any of these wedding supplier sites?

Cheers

Scoopd

I advertise on about 35 of these sites, some free and some paid for with varying results.

Hitched is one of the best for me, but at £111 a year for a premium listing, it's not cheap.

The overall best site for me is Discoagency.co.uk, which only costs £25 a year and brings well over 300 people to my website.

A number of people have moaned about this site for looking amateurish.

To be honest, how the site looks is completely irrelevant to me. All that matters is that it directs plenty of people wanting a disco to my website...and it does that better than any of the other sites I advertise on.

Spirits High
14-05-2008, 06:47 AM
I advertise on about 35 of these sites, some free and some paid for with varying results.

Hitched is one of the best for me, but at £111 a year for a premium listing, it's not cheap.

The overall best site for me is Discoagency.co.uk, which only costs £25 a year and brings well over 300 people to my website.

To be honest, how the site looks is completely irrelevant to me. All that matters is that it directs plenty of people wanting a disco to my website...and it does that better than any of the other sites I advertise on.

I advertise on probably between 15-20ish sites can't remember exactly.

hitched didn't get me anything so dropped that.

Uk disco is one of my better ones, got a gold listing on their.

And after reading one of Robs threads a while back I signed up with disco agency which is working suprisingly well, I was initaly put off by the amateur look but the clients don't seem to mind ;)

Had an Ad in Brides Magazine back end of last year and got..........absolutely nothing from it :eek: Last time I do a magazine :D

rob1963
14-05-2008, 08:46 AM
And after reading one of Robs threads a while back I signed up with disco agency which is working suprisingly well, I was initaly put off by the amateur look but the clients don't seem to mind ;)

Hi Spirits High,

I'm glad to hear that disco agency is also working well for you.

I was sure I couldn't be the only one!

:thumbsup:

scoopd
14-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys

Ajaysdisco
15-05-2008, 10:32 PM

I hope your right; I’m betting my life saving on your advice! :D

I’ve signed up with them today, so I will have to see if it's worth it.

rob1963
15-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I hope your right; I’m betting my life saving on your advice! :D

I’ve signed up with them today, so I will have to see if it's worth it.

I hope the site works as well for you as it does for me.

Keep an eye on your webstats, and I think you may be pleasantly surprised!

:)

Danno13
16-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Do "disco agency" not fall foul of the new unfair trade practicies bill, which such a misleading name?

rob1963
16-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Do "disco agency" not fall foul of the new unfair trade practicies bill, which such a misleading name?

I have no idea!

:confused: