PDA

View Full Version : RCF ART522 & ART525, anyone used or heard?

Vibrant Sounds
14-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Been offered a pair of NEW 12" ART522s with covers for £1550 with Saturday delivery or a pair of NEW 15" ART525s with covers for £1750 with Saturday delivery.

Has anyone used or heard these new'ish additions to the RCF range? What did you think.

At 18.5kgs each, 750watt RMS (500w +250w) best prices found on the internet were £1690 and £1950 with Saturday deliveries.

I am tempted to go for a pair of the ART525s for upstairs and awkward access venues as well as offering further options with the remainder of my RCF system.

Thoughts?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Can't you use the Bose upstairs instead?

I purposely bought the 325a so I could use them on there own rather than lugging a sub everywhere. Maybe consider selling you 310s and buy some 325as?

The 525 is very light and very powerful, but do you have money to burn?

Vibrant Sounds
14-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Can't you use the Bose upstairs instead?

No, I am planning on selling the Bose L1 systems as I am fed up making about 6 trips to get all the bits into an upstairs venue. They may look light but they are not, and I would rather take two quality lightweight 'full range' speakers up that I can carry in in one trip.

I purposely bought the 325a so I could use them on there own rather than lugging a sub everywhere. Maybe consider selling you 310s and buy some 325as?
No, I would rather keep the Art310As to use with the pair of Art705As, they sound fantastic and the balance of the 10" tops with the subs seems about right to me. I doubt that the 325As would give me the same sort of sound when used with the 705As as the smaller midrange speakers, It would also give me more options as if I needed a really large system, I could use the Art310As with the Art705As and the Art525s as a seperate full range speaker either alongside or placed in different positions around the venue.

The 525 is very light and very powerful, but do you have money to burn? You do seem very concerned about my finances sometimes Darren :) I still have a reasonable pot of spending money from the sale of my boat, and, if I do decide to sell the Bose L1 systems, that would cover the cost of the new speakers anyway and still leave some change for my next purchases.

I would though still like to know what people who have actually heard these speakers think. I am plumping for the ART525s at the moment, but would like opinions on the ART522s.

Tony Scott
15-05-2008, 09:16 AM
RCF ARTXXXs:

RCF ART or Arsey Fart?.......you decide! :confused:

I need some sleep! :D