PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Repair

MrWeetabix
16-05-2008, 09:43 AM
hello,

I have several speakers which require repair. They have all lost their top-end and I suspect they'll need harware replaced. Does anyone know of any Good speaker-doctors in the North East UK? Thanks :-)

djdarren
16-05-2008, 11:42 AM
you could bring them to me mate depending on brand.
there is a £25 booking in fee, see my link for contact details

DazzyD
16-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I use a local electrical repair guy (TVs, videos, etc) who saw an increase in mobile discos and bands, etc and decided to branch in to sound systems/speakers, etc.

Depends where you are in the North East cos he's local to Houghton le Spring. He's done my speakers a couple of times. I also bought a new mixer which was having trouble with overheating. He suggested adding in two extra high-powered ultra-quiet fans inside the casing (costing me about £6) and I've never had any problems since. I'd certainly recommend him.

Apologies for the double post but I've just checked out DJDarrens website and, although I've never used his services, I think that I know others who have. So, if you can get to his place, from the things I've heard from others I'd say he'd be recommended. The top companies round here are Burrells Audio, Ultimate Leisure, one I can't remember it's name (but it's opposite Ultimate on Team Valley) and, if I'm right, DJDarrens place.

Hope this helps!

flatliners
17-05-2008, 03:17 AM
there is a guy in the northeast he lives near ashington he is called trevor and if he carnt fix them then they are for the bin if you want his number txt me on 07894728703
and he builds his own speakers and amps + hes a cracking guy and a fantastic dj

flatliners
17-05-2008, 03:21 AM
Apologies for the double post but I've just checked out DJDarrens website and, although I've never used his services, I think that I know others who have. So, if you can get to his place, from the things I've heard from others I'd say he'd be recommended. The top companies round here are Burrells Audio, Ultimate Leisure, one I can't remember it's name (but it's opposite Ultimate on Team Valley) and, if I'm right, DJDarrens place.

Hope this helps!

its ultimate events and the one across the way from them was access all areas but i dont think there trading anymore

DazzyD
17-05-2008, 07:15 AM
its ultimate events and the one across the way from them was access all areas but i dont think there trading anymore

Ultimate events is where we got our last lights from and they've served us well. Mind you I bought the mixer from there that overheated at a wedding. I took it back and they tested it. Said the fan wasn't working properly and it caused the unit to burn out. I was expecting some arguments about a refund but the guy said I could either have my money back or choose something else. I opted for a pair of ProLight speakers and I've never looked back. The speakers are still going strong (one has been repaired but that was my fault) so I'd recommend Ultimate any day. I'm also going to ask him to do my PAT tests this year.

As for Access All Areas, I'm sure they had another name before that. I used to go there for my karaoke CD+Gs cos they had a good collection of discs.

For most things now I just phone up Images.

djdarren
17-05-2008, 07:47 AM
access all areas used to be arcidia leisure but malcom the guy that used to run it changed the store and he just does install stuff now as far as i know.

dazzy if you find ulitimate does not do any pat testing i also offer that service

DazzyD
17-05-2008, 08:15 AM
access all areas used to be arcidia leisure but malcom the guy that used to run it changed the store and he just does install stuff now as far as i know.

dazzy if you find ulitimate does not do any pat testing i also offer that service

Arcadia - that's it! Haven't been over that way for a while. Last time I was in the shop there wasn't much in but some of the hardware was way above my (then) budget.

Thanks for the offer of the PAT testing. It's just that Ultimate was recommended to me by the guy I sub for occasionally. You might know him - it's Kev from Rising Star? If it's your shop I'm thinking of Kev recommended you for lights and stuff but I rarely venture that far for my kit. Because of my day job I usually just get it by mail order now from Images. Anyway, my next wave of testing is not due til August so I'll keep you in mind. I do waves of testing so as to keep paying the fees easier rather than pulling out in one go.

flatliners
17-05-2008, 03:25 PM
i use djanddiscostuff.com ( phase one ) in darlington i would say they are one of the best in the northeast for equipment

MrWeetabix
19-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Cheers everyone, I'll hopefully get sorted this week! ready for the weekend. :-).

MrWeetabix
22-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Cheers for everyone's help. Axeman is currently toiling away with the first set, at a very good price may I add! :5star:

deffo owe him a few :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

axeman
22-05-2008, 02:52 PM
first pair done and ready for collection.

DazzyD
22-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice one, Bri! Next time I need repairs done I'll keep you in mind (if the £ is right!) ;)

axeman
22-05-2008, 08:07 PM
yeah, no probs but dont tell everyone...lol

Tom
22-05-2008, 08:16 PM
yeah, no probs but dont tell everyone...lol

Whats that then:confused: :D :D :D ;)