PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Insurance

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I had a very interesting conversation with a F&B manager at a venue last night. I was talking to her about this and that, being friendly and giving her a card and the conversation got on to PLI and I mentioned that I hadn't had to show my PLI and she told me the reason why is because they make B&Gs take out their own policy or they have to pay 40% of the cost of the wedding instead as insurance.

The PLI needed to be for £2m and covered the DJ too.

I thought this was an interesting way of doing things and I suppose ensures that every DJ that works there is covered by the B&Gs insurance.

Corabar Steve
24-05-2008, 10:50 AM
All well & good until something goes wrong & the B&Gs insurance company has to chase the uninsured DJ who doesn't have his own PLI.

A long & drawn out court case ensues

soundtracker
24-05-2008, 10:52 AM
bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut job!

wensleydale
24-05-2008, 10:56 AM
All well & good until something goes wrong & the B&Gs insurance company has to chase the uninsured DJ who doesn't have his own PLI.

A long & drawn out court case ensues

but if they take the insurance out does that not mean that they wouldnt chase the dj.

eg daz didnt need to be insured therefore why would they chase him?

Corabar Steve
24-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying up.

Pass the buck, it's the DJ's fault, let's go after him.

CRAZY K
24-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I had a very interesting conversation with a F&B manager at a venue last night. I was talking to her about this and that, being friendly and giving her a card and the conversation got on to PLI and I mentioned that I hadn't had to show my PLI and she told me the reason why is because they make B&Gs take out their own policy or they have to pay 40% of the cost of the wedding instead as insurance.

The PLI needed to be for £2m and covered the DJ too.

I thought this was an interesting way of doing things and I suppose ensures that every DJ that works there is covered by the B&Gs insurance.

I would have thought it will cover the Band G and only if the incident is legally their responsibility --not the DJ.

The Insurance Company will take him or his Insureres to the cleaners if its his fault.

Actually I recommend the Band G to take it out--because then they are covered for my Cancellation Fee if the worst happens--:D :D :D

2 Million--sounds too low :eek:

CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-05-2008, 11:21 AM
The B&G had £2m PLI to cover their wedding and all the suppliers as far as I'm aware.

ppentertainments
24-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I have heard of this and mentioned about wedding insurance on a post a couple of weeks back.

From what I can gather is that B & G purchase 'insurance' for their wedding. This covers them not only from a PLI point of view, but if say the photographs did not turn out or one of the suppliers let them down etc. This used to be the responsibility of the supplier but now the B & G can purchase their own insurance - it is not cheap though !!

As a side subject - still on topic- does anyone have any professional indemnity insurance ? Reason for asking is I take this out for my photography work and can ad my disco to the policy for a small cost. I need it for photography incase anything major happened ie wiping a memory card, but had not thought about it for disco. To be honest the difference in price is so little will probably take it.