PDA

View Full Version : Cone..but not forgotten

Shaun
26-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I was driving home from my gig on Saturday and some chavs threw a large traffic cone out in front of me. I was in a 40 zone at the time and hit it at 40 miles an hour with a bang. Looks to be some damage to the underside of the van, but I'll not know the extent till I get it booked in at the garage. :bang:

Seriously cheesed off. :mad:

Jiggles
26-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Shoot the buggers!!

Corabar Steve
26-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I'd have run the little :Censored: down. It could be part of my new hobby, Chav hunting.

CRAZY K
26-05-2008, 08:29 AM
I'd have run the little :Censored: down. It could be part of my new hobby, Chav hunting.

Agreed 100 per cent.

Anyone gets in the way late at night--its a no brainer--

Its like swans swimming on the river here--when your your boat looks as though its going to run them over---they always get out the way--

Miracle:D

Never hit one yet in 7 years--a swan that is--not a drunk, drugged mindless idiot who seem to be even more common than swans on the river:rolleyes:

CRAZY K

DJWilson
26-05-2008, 09:42 AM

Put your idea in to Jackass :D

OllieJames
26-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Put your idea in to Jackass :D
Sounds like a good idea!

Sorry to hear about that though.

theoloyla
26-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I was driving home from my gig on Saturday and some chavs threw a large traffic cone out in front of me. I was in a 40 zone at the time and hit it at 40 miles an hour with a bang. Looks to be some damage to the underside of the van, but I'll not know the extent till I get it booked in at the garage. :bang:

Seriously cheesed off. :mad:
I'll bet you are. Twerps. Hope the damage isnt too bad.
Worst I had was one night in the 70's driving back through West Sussex after a gig when I hit a deer. It pushed the radiator into the fan and left me stranded for the night. It was in the days before recovery; so the RAC just towed me to a garage and I had to get the train home and travel down to pick up the repaired van a couple of days later. Bloomin deer just ran off and jumped over the hedge never to be seen again!

Tom
26-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Sorry to her about this shaun. I can understand how you feel as I live where the word chav was created. :(

Hope the damage is not to bad. :(

Shaun
26-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Sorry to her about this shaun. I can understand how you feel as I live where the word chav was created. :(

Hope the damage is not to bad. :(

It doesn't look too bad from what I can see. The under carriage drip tray has been completely ripped apart, and there's a rattle coming coming from somewhere...I can't pinpoint where though. I've got the van booked in for Wednesday morning so I should know more then.

DazzyD
26-05-2008, 02:30 PM
We've never had this problem before with people throwing things at us.

But my driver likes a laugh and, when we stop at crossings on the way home, when drunks are crossing he likes to rev the engine hard! I'm sure he's created the need for a change of underpants/knickers a few times!!!

Andy Westcott
26-05-2008, 05:52 PM
You shouldn't really accept this behaviour - did you report the incident to the police?
Obviously there's nothing they could really do, but a log of the incident is created, and you never know, these chavs could already be the subject of the police's attention.

Mindless actions like this are potentially life-threatening - don't let them pass unreported. If the police receive no reports (couldn't be bothered, maybe), then they cannot be aware of the problem.

Shaun
26-05-2008, 06:01 PM
You shouldn't really accept this behaviour - did you report the incident to the police?
Obviously there's nothing they could really do, but a log of the incident is created, and you never know, these chavs could already be the subject of the police's attention.

Mindless actions like this are potentially life-threatening - don't let them pass unreported. If the police receive no reports (couldn't be bothered, maybe), then they cannot be aware of the problem.

Yes, it was reported.

UltraBeat Entertainment
27-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've never had anything like that but done an 18th recently and as we pulled away from the car park at 1am a drunk chav jumped on the back of our van.:mad:

Would have loved to have seen him holding on when we were doing 70mph down the motorway. would have made my day:rolleyes:

Andy Westcott
27-05-2008, 12:19 PM
"Yes, it was reported."
Well done.
Too many people do nothing, unfortunately.

blitz
27-05-2008, 01:46 PM
not so good shaun hope your van is ok, was it any place local?

Shaun
27-05-2008, 02:31 PM
not so good shaun hope your van is ok, was it any place local?

5 minutes from home, which I guess was lucky.

djsteve10
27-05-2008, 02:46 PM
These hooligans wasn't from the local bus stop or street corner by any chance was they?

To some it up were they the world famous & hated CHAV

Shaun
27-05-2008, 05:01 PM
These hooligans wasn't from the local bus stop or street corner by any chance was they?

To some it up were they the world famous & hated CHAV

Indeed they were.

Candybeatdiscos
27-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Ahh so Methil Chav's - run into a few in Kirkcaldy a few weeks ago, took out three of them - unfortuantly there were five of them and two of us - managed to get away but mate has his nose bust - i was fine :D