PDA

View Full Version : Converting enquiries into bookings.

ppentertainments
27-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I have been looking at my conversion rates of enquiries to bookings. I have no hard figures but have realised that very few e-mail enquiries convert to bookings.

On the telephone, not bragging, nearly every enquiry is turned into a booking (well over 90% at a guess), however e-mail I think this figure will be about 20%. :confused:

Is this the norm or am I doing something wrong ?? Any advise would be welcome as am now getting more e-mail enquiries than telephone :rolleyes:

discomobiledj
27-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Mines probably similar to that, I went from getting loads over the email, and only a few on the phone to the complete opposite.

wensleydale
27-05-2008, 07:27 PM
its a lot easier for people to fire off an email - they can even do it to several at once.

dont quote by email- just ask them to call you or for a phone number you can call them on.

this is a good reason why not to have prices on your site cause you then get to talk to people,.

something we should be good at....

ppentertainments
27-05-2008, 07:53 PM
dont quote by email- just ask them to call you or for a phone number you can call them on.

One mistake I am doing. I do quote on e-mail and think this is where I am coming up against a brick wall as I can't express the reasons for my price in an e-mail as good as I can on the phone. Thanks.

Shaun
27-05-2008, 08:37 PM
this is a good reason why not to have prices on your site cause you then get to talk to people,.

Why did you have to say that. You'll only encourage Rob to respond. ;)

wensleydale
27-05-2008, 08:44 PM

he doesnt rise to my comments anymore.

much.

Skarloey
27-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I agree we get a lot of enquires off the website but if you want the gig you gott go get it on the phone

Vectis
27-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I agree we get a lot of enquires off the website but if you want the gig you gott go get it on the phone

We did this subject to death on here a little while ago because I remember contributing. Upshot was that it IS possible to have a good conversion rate by email - I know I do. In fact my email and my phone conversions are pretty comparable at about 85-90%.

ppentertainments
27-05-2008, 09:07 PM
We did this subject to death on here a little while ago because I remember contributing. Upshot was that it IS possible to have a good conversion rate by email - I know I do. In fact my email and my phone conversions are pretty comparable at about 85-90%.

Any tips on where we may be going wrong ??

rob1963
27-05-2008, 11:15 PM
this is a good reason why not to have prices on your site cause you then get to talk to people

Correct!

he doesnt rise to my comments anymore.

much.

Yes I do!

I think your reason for not having prices on your site is a pretty poor one, as there are plenty of other reasons foir a customer to want to talk to you other than to ask about your prices.

Any tips on where we may be going wrong ??

ppentertainments,

Do your emails come through an email link on your website, or a contact form on your website?

When I know this, I might have one or two ideas for you.

:)

ppentertainments
28-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Correct!

Yes I do!

I think your reason for not having prices on your site is a pretty poor one, as there are plenty of other reasons foir a customer to want to talk to you other than to ask about your prices.

ppentertainments,

Do your emails come through an email link on your website, or a contact form on your website?

When I know this, I might have one or two ideas for you.

contact link although thinking about putting a contact form on my site.

Danno13
28-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Most of my enquiries come via email, and I don't call all of them.. infact rarely any of them as they usually only tick the box to say "contact me via email". I still convert enough to keep me busy :)

rob1963
28-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi ppentertainments,

I was pretty similar to you, probably about 1 in 7 email enquiries converted to bookings at more than 1 in 2 phone calls, although most people chose to email me rather than phone.

I think you should add a contact page to your site with your phone number, possibly an email link & a nice simple enquiry form asking for their name, email address, TELEPHONE NUMBER, preferred contact method & details of their enquiry.

That way, everyone who uses the enquiry form will have to give you their phone number, and although some of them will still choose their preferred contact method as email, there will be others who opt for either telephone or no preference. You can phone all of those, which should improve your overall take up rate.

Until recently, my enquiry form just asked for their name, email address & enquiry, but I recently added a field for their phone number & another for their preferred contact method.

I had a query the other day which gave telephone as the preferred contact method, so I phoned her & got the booking. If I'd just sent her an email, I probably wouldn't have heard from her again...so it seems to be working for me, although it's still early days..

If you want an idea of what my new contact form looks like, click on my banner below & go to the contact page.

Hope this helps.

ppentertainments
28-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Cheers rob - much appreciated.
Something else for my web designer. ha ha.
Will definetly take your comments on board and agree a proper enquiry form may be the way forward

Cheers

rob1963
28-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Cheers rob - much appreciated.
Something else for my web designer. ha ha.
Will definetly take your comments on board and agree a proper enquiry form may be the way forward

Cheers

My pleasure...hope it works for you.

:thumbsup: