PDA

View Full Version : My New Site

h8ytr
28-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Used uk2.nets site designer to design a new site...please tell me what you think and what's wrong with it!

http://djmdiscos.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Spirits High
28-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Used uk2.nets site designer to design a new site...please tell me what you think and what's wrong with it!

http://djmdiscos.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Hi Mark,

not being a web guru like some on here (Marc J will tell you that ;) ) i'll comment on the look of it .

I find the contrasting in colours on the layout a bit "dull" not in a brightness kind of way but in a "doesn't jump out and grab me way" if you get what I mean. Maybe the you could try some different background and font colours to see if "feels" better.

The dancer in your banner has had her head cut in half :eek: I found myself trying to scroll up to get to the top of the page when i was already there.

On your "About us" page you could probably make the layout a bit easier on the eye, maybe have it running across the page for each Dj.

Nothing personal Mark but your pic looks like you're a bit scary a bit Hanibal Lecter ish :D

On the Customer evaluations the drop down boxes still drop down, not sure if some unscrupulus person would be able to change them and make that page a bit of bad press for you but not worth the risk me thinks ;)

Anyway that was just a quick look I'm sure the "Guru's" will be along soon :D

TR2K Productions
28-05-2008, 09:02 AM
also your Evaluations page has waay too much information on there, i mean do we really need the customers full name?

the fact that i can change the responses that are in there shows that the inform ation might be false! ( im not saying it is). would be a lot better as just a summary of responses or even a small paragraph!

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I personally don't think that having PLI and PAT is a 'benefit' to the customer.

h8ytr
28-05-2008, 09:15 AM
thanks guys...some useful tips there...I'll try and update later

rob1963
28-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I personally don't think that having PLI and PAT is a 'benefit' to the customer.

Indeed.

A benefit to the DJ (for obvious reasons), but definately not the customer.

Edit: "PLI and PAT are now required by most venues" is, in my experience completely untrue.

I'm asked for these barely once or twice a year.

djsteve10
28-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Indeed.

Edit: "PLI and PAT are now required by most venues" is, in my experience completely untrue.

Wasn't this the purpose of the NADJ to try and make sure every dj has PAT & PLI and try and impliment it around the venues?

discomobiledj
28-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Indeed.

I've never been asked to show that I have anything!

Back on topic.....

Not keen on all the colours that are going on in the background. Also the text is going over the edge on your homepage.

h8ytr
30-05-2008, 12:43 PM
well, created a new site with a new company name as well

http://partytimedjs.thebestweddingdisco.co.uk/

will be www.partytimeDJs.co.uk

That's Dizzy DJ and Me with our new company.

Slate & Rate please!

IT's still the same site builder, but using a different template...colour can change to either a burgandy or bright red.