PDA

View Full Version : high school musical karaoke

axeman
28-05-2008, 06:52 PM
anyonwe know what high school musical karaoke discs are available?

i have a kid at my regular pub spot asking and im sure she'll be back...lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-05-2008, 07:08 PM
anyonwe know what high school musical karaoke discs are available?

i have a kid at my regular pub spot asking and im sure she'll be back...lol

I'm not surre what exactly, but there are definately discs about as we had to get a couple for a teen party recently.

Lee will know and hopefully he'll be on here to tell you soon.

ppentertainments
28-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Try here :
http://www.store4cds.com/Product/CD/376645/050086163472/Disneys_Karaoke_Series_High_School_Musical.html

or amazon also sell them. Have bought this but never used it yet.

HaiFai
28-05-2008, 09:06 PM
High School Musical 1 and 2 on disney karaoke available.Purchased mine of ebay i think i paid £15.95 for both 1+2 together sealed disney discs on cdg.
Try Bouncing bean >http://www.bouncingbean.co.uk/acatalog/cdg_disney_karaoke.htm
or Kingsbridge karaoke
I've ordered off both delivery usually quick

UltraBeat Entertainment
29-05-2008, 07:55 AM
If i remember correctly they released karaoke versions of the original 2 CD's as the normal CD's were released due to a huge demand on High School Musical karaoke:eek:

DazzyD
30-05-2008, 06:15 AM
A bit of a warning, Axeman. I got High School Musical 1 CD+G and it was terrible! They had simply overlayed the lyrics on to the original songs so it wasn't like a backing track - more of a sing-a-long. I bought it online - it had convincing covers and printed disc but I'm not convinced that it wasn't home made.

This is where my technical skills come in...

Our kids love the films and had the original soundtrack with singalong versions (no lead vocals) so I used a CD+G ripper to record the tracks on to my laptop, swapped the audio on the karaoke for the lead vocal-free audio and, when I'm finished, will reburn the disc. I needed to insert 10 seconds of silence at the start of each track to sync it with the lyrics and then see what it was like and tweak as appropriate. But it works and I'm now 75% through the tracks. Just a good job that the karaoke tempo matched the singalong versions.

I know a lot of folks would say it sounds like too much hassle but, to me, a little bit of work is better than wasting money on the disc and having to buy a better CD+G.

But I've learned my lesson now and I'll stick to recognised karaoke CD+G manufacturers in future!

axeman
31-05-2008, 11:51 PM
brilliant idea daz

Sarahjovi
03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
HI,

I've bought both of the Disney High School Musical CDG's and they play fine, the kids have enjoyed singing them. They have both Karaoke and singalong versions on them.

Zoom has also made High School Musical discs too! I should imagine theirs are good quality too!

Sarah:D

DazzyD
05-06-2008, 06:16 AM
I might have a look at buying the up to the date ones. The one I had was got a while ago when HSM1 first came out. I think I'll have a look at the Zoom ones when I get a chance.

KaraokeDJ
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I#ve taken HSM out of my song book. So many times I have had half a dozen kids all writing down the same songs - I could've filled an hour +++ with nothing but HSM.

If they ask me I will let them do one or two (depending on how many other kids ask) but if there's too many they will be explained 'no more tonight'.

HSM is on the same list as 'paradise by the dashboard light' - I dread to see it on a request ticket!

UltraBeat Entertainment
06-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I#ve taken HSM out of my song book. So many times I have had half a dozen kids all writing down the same songs - I could've filled an hour +++ with nothing but HSM.

If they ask me I will let them do one or two (depending on how many other kids ask) but if there's too many they will be explained 'no more tonight'.

HSM is on the same list as 'paradise by the dashboard light' - I dread to see it on a request ticket!

As long as there enjoying themselves why does it matter?

KaraokeDJ
06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
They do enjoy themselves, they pick some other songs.

DazzyD
07-06-2008, 02:18 PM
If it's a kids party and they all want to sing the same song then why not? I don't think we should dictate what can and can't be sung. I did a gig at a local snooker club a few years ago and the manager took great offence at a punter singing Pretty Vacant by the Sex Pistols. I told him if the punters can't sing what they want then why bother having a karaoke in the first place? Been asked back a few times since but I'm always "busy"!

axeman
07-06-2008, 11:47 PM
I did the gig today 7th b/day karaoke, they sang barbie girl twice and valerie, mercy and complicated 3 times. no other songs required ...lol

ppentertainments
07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I did the gig today 7th b/day karaoke, they sang barbie girl twice and valerie, mercy and complicated 3 times. no other songs required ...lol

Typical isn't it. I started using select-a-track for the odd song I get asked for and don't have. Should save my money as they never seem to be asked for again:D :D

DazzyD
08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Typical isn't it. I started using select-a-track for the odd song I get asked for and don't have. Should save my money as they never seem to be asked for again:D :D

What we do is jot down any requests we don't have (and, to be fair, there's not many we haven't got due to me buying just about every disc I could get my hands on going back to the days of Laserdisc, Video karaoke, etc!). If a song gets asked for 3 times then we buy it. This gives us the chance to gauge how popular the track is before parting with hard-earned cash.