PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me

reemicks disco
30-05-2008, 10:18 AM
if you can use "You Tube" on screen legal,(in a pub etc) even if you apparently have a programme that you can buy?
Wouldn't this also be known as a VJ?, and again would you need a licence for this. Thanks

theoloyla
30-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Premises that have televisions for public entertainment are required to have a PRS and PPL licence (same as if you use a radio). PPL's sister company VPL covers the showing of videos in clubs etc but whether that includes the showing of You Tube I dont know but I would expect so.

reemicks disco
30-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks Theo, a friend of ours wants to use "You Tube" to broadcast it at his disco's / karaokes, and he reckons he can use it without getting into trouble or without any licence. Trying to explain to him we think its not legal is very hard cause he says it is.

Boogie Boy
30-05-2008, 12:45 PM
if you can use "You Tube" on screen legal,(in a pub etc) even if you apparently have a programme that you can buy?
Wouldn't this also be known as a VJ?, and again would you need a licence for this. Thanks

You Tube isn't viewed as legal is it? It's just that it is tolerated by the powers that be, due to its incredible growth and ability to promote the new music record companies need plugging.

I'd have serious reservations about using You Tube anyway. The sound quality on tracks often leaves a lot to be desired.

UltraBeat Entertainment
30-05-2008, 01:23 PM
i find the sound quality is crap and the video is always distorted and that's on my home PC couldn't imagine that projected or on a large screen:eek:

Bad, Bad idea if you ask me!

soundtracker
30-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Totally agree - most tracks sound like they were recorded under water!