PDA

View Full Version : Change of name in emails

Tom
03-06-2008, 08:42 PM
This is really starting to annoy me because I don't know if it's a real enquiry or just some other DJ trying to get a price or somthing else from me.

I have just had an email requesting a disco for the 28th of June, which I am booked for already. The sender of the email was called David yet at the end of the email a woman called Tracey signed the email with a different surname to the email account holder :confused:. :mad: :bang:

Does anybody else get emails like this???

Paul James Promotions
03-06-2008, 08:44 PM
All the time

djsteve10
03-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Happens to me all the time,

spin mobile disco
03-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Quite common, usually a girlfriend using boyfirends computer or viss a versa. And of course if its a wedding enquiry they will still have different last names.

Danno13
03-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Yep ditto the above.

The funniest ones are when one makes the enquiry, you quote.. never to hear back again, then a couple of days later the other enquires for exactly the same event, i usually tell them i've already quoted for their event, but the date has now gone :cool:

I even had one lady the other week tell me she'd had quotes cheaper, nice to know she cares about anything else other than price, eh? :rolleyes:

Then she enquired again a week later (DJ had let her down... suprise, suprise!) and it seemed she had no knowledge of enquiring with me first time round.

CRAZY K
03-06-2008, 09:20 PM
This is really starting to annoy me because I don't know if it's a real enquiry or just some other DJ trying to get a price or somthing else from me.

I have just had an email requesting a disco for the 28th of June, which I am booked for already. The sender of the email was called David yet at the end of the email a woman called Tracey signed the email with a different surname to the email account holder :confused:. :mad: :bang:

Does anybody else get emails like this???

All the time.

People just use other peoples boxes.

Im doing a Barn Dance Saturday for a married lady whose email is her name before she got married.

CRAZY K

Sam
03-06-2008, 09:25 PM
All the time.

It isn't really a problem though :S

rob1963
03-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Quite common, usually a girlfriend using boyfirends computer or viss a versa. And of course if its a wedding enquiry they will still have different last names.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I get them too.

Vectis
03-06-2008, 11:57 PM
As uncle Tom says, "It's not unusual" :D

Sam
04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
As uncle Tom says, "It's not unusual" :D

Poor! :D

Dragonfly
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
all the time future wives/husbands using their other halves email account for the enquiry or son daughter using mums or dads for 16ths 18ths etc.