PDA

View Full Version : Going Digital...

Danno13
07-06-2008, 01:25 PM
At the moment, when I receive a completed booking form, I sign it, and return a copy to the client as confirmation and the other goes in my folder.

Anyway, I've decided it would probably be a good idea to keep digital copies, so I've bought a scanner and am now working my way through all completed booking forms in my folder.

Anyone else do this? Seems like a good idea to me, as I could lose my folder.. or the client could lose their copy, and this way I can simply just email them the PDF.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Or you could email them another copy to sign...

Danno13
07-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Sorry, I meant lose their copy that I've returned signed, not the form I send out in the first instance.

Yes, I could dig out my copy and scan/email, but it makes more sense to do this as I go along so they're all there if I need them.

It also means I can dig out all information on a booking from my PC (and phone, with PDF software) without having to root through a folder for the paper copy every time.

I'm also working on a client centre for my website, similar to DJi etc. and the plan is to upload the PDF file, so the client can access it from there at any time.

501damian501
08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
sounds like a good idea, everyone should be backing these sorts of data up and keeping them for at least a year or so. reguards damian

TonyB
08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
You should keep a copy of documents for 6 years (period of the statute of limitations). May sound a bit extreme for a disco but a client can take legal action at any time during the statute period and you should keep copies of everything just in case.