PDA

View Full Version : What would you change/add?

Charlie Brown
08-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey guys,

Looking threw my webiste I feel something is missing, detail, pictures-I'm not sure...(comparing it to others)

What would you add/change/take away??

Many thanks Charlie,:D

The Websitehttp://www.charliebrowndisco.co.uk

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I'd take away the ropelight in the first picture for a start. :sj:

Charlie Brown
08-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I'd take away the ropelight in the first picture for a start. :sj:

Lol, and use the picture at the bottom?

Shall I keep that picture there on the website?

Thank you, Charlie

Penfold42
08-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Topic moved to website help.:)

Jiggles
08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
well i have to scroll to the right to see the rest of the site. you will have to sort that out.

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Lol, and use the picture at the bottom?

Shall I keep that picture there on the website?

Thank you, Charlie

The bottom picture is much better and doesn't have half the buffet in it either!

Charlie Brown
08-06-2008, 07:30 PM
The bottom picture is much better and doesn't have half the buffet in it either!

Hahahah lol, made me laugh, your right, changed:)

Keep the ideas, rolling in please:)

Penfold42
08-06-2008, 07:34 PM
well i have to scroll to the right to see the rest of the site. you will have to sort that out.

:agree:.....up down and side to side......:)

discomobiledj
08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
The page is well over on the right hand side, you need to make the body size alot smaller.

The logo's on your homepage are to the left, would look much better in the centre.

On our equipment page you have a picture of one light and one speaker, either show pictures of all the lights and audio equipment or remove the page.

On the video page, your first video is very blocky.

You have your home number on pretty much all your pages except for the Adult party page where there is a mobile, is there any reason?

Charlie Brown
08-06-2008, 08:01 PM
The page is well over on the right hand side, you need to make the body size alot smaller.

The logo's on your homepage are to the left, would look much better in the centre.

On our equipment page you have a picture of one light and one speaker, either show pictures of all the lights and audio equipment or remove the page.

On the video page, your first video is very blocky.

You have your home number on pretty much all your pages except for the Adult party page where there is a mobile, is there any reason?

Nope, no reason,

and thank you for that advice:)

djsteve10
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Hate to be picky but having a laser doesn't mean you have a club pacakge, If you got to a nightclub they have pro end lighting and sound such as Martin Moving heads, Clay paky scanners, strobes, and this is all on a high end scale, You could make the mistake of over selling this package and mis-leading a customer as im sure most adults have all been to nightclubs.

rob1963
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM

Agreed.

As well as scrolling up & down, you also have to scroll left & right, as your site is wider than my computer screen...not good!

Marc J
09-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I'd remove whatever is causing your site to be wider than my monitor (at 1600 x 1200).

I'd remove the picture of loose change on the "What's included in the price?" page - it just doesn't look good at all.

I'd remove the latin-style filler text (ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Nulla nunc. Donec) at the top of your "Terms and Conditions" page.

I'd add a contact form.

I'd add relevant page <TITLE> tags, and image <ALT> and <TITLE> tags.

rob1963
09-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Charlie,

I've just been looking at your site again, and think your terms & conditions need looking at, as some of them are very vague and therefore open to all sorts of different interpretations.

Also, is there any reason why the last couple of terms are in a larger font?

Charlie Brown
09-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Hate to be picky but having a laser doesn't mean you have a club pacakge, If you got to a nightclub they have pro end lighting and sound such as Martin Moving heads, Clay paky scanners, strobes, and this is all on a high end scale, You could make the mistake of over selling this package and mis-leading a customer as im sure most adults have all been to nightclubs.

No I agree, but tbh It's just there for effect, bad I know but I take the same to every gig, and I say "I will chuck you the club package in" sort of thing,

Bad...I know...do you think I should get rid?

Thanks Charlie

Charlie Brown
09-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Charlie,

I've just been looking at your site again, and think your terms & conditions need looking at, as some of them are very vague and therefore open to all sorts of different interpretations.

Also, is there any reason why the last couple of terms are in a larger font?

No reason...strange, but I have sorted it, thank you Rob.

Erm what bits would you say are vague, I found it hard to put them together, and wasn't too sure whether it was right:confused:

djsteve10
09-06-2008, 05:41 PM
No I agree, but tbh It's just there for effect, bad I know but I take the same to every gig, and I say "I will chuck you the club package in" sort of thing,

Bad...I know...do you think I should get rid?

Thanks Charlie

you should get rid because you are false advertising and you could be done for failing to provide what was promised.

rob1963
09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Erm what bits would you say are vague, I found it hard to put them together, and wasn't too sure whether it was right:confused:

Well, for example:

A quotation will be sent out 7 days after the booking has been confirmed. If we hear no response after 14 days of the quotation being sent out, we will try to contact the customer but if there is no response, we will presume that the date is free and you don’t require our services.

What sort of response? A returned booking form with their deposit? An email saying they want to go ahead with the booking? a phone call?

A booking deposit may be required depending of the circumstances of that particular booking.

How much deposit? and under what circumstances will a deposit be required?

60 minutes is required when packing away our equipment.

What if you are working in a venue with very awkward access where it will take you longer than 60 minutes to pack down & carry out your gear?

we normally need 4x2 metre to setup but that can be reduced to your needs.

How much can it be reduced by?

We will require a minimum of two 13-amp mains sockets

I would add the word "unshared"

When you book a Charlie Brown Disco, we will quote you on the number of hours required at the time, at any point should you like to extend these hours before your party there will be a charge of £15 per hour. If on the night you would like to extend our playing time then there will be a charge of £22.50 per hour.

When & how are these charges payable?

If you have any problems during the night then please consult a member of staff who will deal with your problem accordingly.

Venue staff or staff from Charlie Brown discos?

I hope this gives you an idea of the sort of things I'm talking about.

I'm not trying to rip your terms & conditions to shreds, but attempting to give some advice about where they seem to be a bit vague & might need tightening up, so please take this advice in the way it's intended.

:)

yourdj
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Just browsed very fast, but

very good job.

Apart from the scrolling or panning etc (i have a 12 inch screen) its a nice job. The one thing i found with my site is there is always something needed to be changed and your doing the right thing by asking others. i use my mum/mum(almost)inlaw and girlfriend to give a second opinion.

The one thing i thought is you have said on the site you have years of experience but if i was booking you and i realized you were fifteen i would think twice. As i have said dozens of times but you are doing the right thing by concentrating on the school/kids disco thing LOL.

Going in on a 10% discount considering your age is a good move for older parties as it will only mean you will loose about £20 but the client will feel like they got a good deal. Don't do that for the younger parties though. believe in yourself as the best.

I will have a proper read tomorrow and let you know. im doing mine up at the moment so i may get some ideas :D

ps: sorry to keep banging on about age but it is important - unless the client knows you.

soundtracker
09-06-2008, 11:29 PM
"Founded in 2005"

"In all our years of entertaining........

That's just tosh and makes you look stupid!

Charlie Brown
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm not trying to rip your terms & conditions to shreds, but attempting to give some advice about where they seem to be a bit vague & might need tightening up, so please take this advice in the way it's intended.

No Rob, not at all. I appreciate your advice, and have done everything you have told me to:D Thank you again:)

Charlie Brown
10-06-2008, 09:43 AM
ps: sorry to keep banging on about age but it is important - unless the client knows you.

Don't say that lol,

This Saturday I have my first two bookings from the website, (they have never seen me in action) a children's party and a 60th. They don’t I think have any idea of my age. But the clues "attends drama lessons" and the picture of me with the kids, may give it away. But I’m confident I will do a fine job, so yeh....plus I know this isn’t the point but I have charged the 60th £120, and she jumped at the offer. She has obviously done some ringing around and was reluctant to pay for a bigger/more experienced service....if that makes any sense:confused:
P.S I will report back with videos and pictures

Thanks Charlie:)

P.S one last thing, I cant stand the younger parties, (13-17) nearly stopped doing them alltogether, but yes I understand and agree with your point...

Charlie Brown
10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
"Founded in 2005"

"In all our years of entertaining........

That's just tosh and makes you look stupid!

Yep your right sounds crazy...I have changed it now,

Thanks

rob1963
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
No Rob, not at all. I appreciate your advice, and have done everything you have told me to:D Thank you again:)

Hey...don't do everything I tell you!

I'm sure there are plenty of other people with different ideas to me!

I'm just saying what I think...which doesn't necessarily mean it's RIGHT!

:D

Charlie Brown
10-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey...don't do everything I tell you!

I'm sure there are plenty of other people with different ideas to me!

I'm just saying what I think...which doesn't necessarily mean it's RIGHT!

:D

Lol, I'm sure it is...You’re one of the people I have listened to the most, since day one, on this forum, and everything you have told me has been right, I’m sure it is now lol
Thanks Rob

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-06-2008, 06:22 PM
You’re one of the people I have listened to the most, since day one, on this forum

You're young and will learn...:D