PDA

View Full Version : Taking bookings

Charlie Brown
11-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Quick question, how many bookings do you get a day?

How many times does your phone ring?

Thanks, Charlie

DazzyD
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but my phone doesn't ring everyday, Charlie.

It's such a difficult question for me cos enquiries and bookings come in randomly. Last week, I had 1 enquiry from Monday to Saturday then 5 enquiries and 3 bookings on Sunday (which was a nightmare cos I'd lost my voice!).

I'm sure some of the bigger operators will have their phones ringing more often but I'm not yet in that league!

Sam
11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but my phone doesn't ring everyday, Charlie.

Same.
But I am not full time and a lot of enquiries come though email :o

rob1963
11-06-2008, 12:41 PM
What they both said.

:)

Vectis
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Agree.

Sometimes I can go for weeks without a single new enquiry. Sometimes I'm swamped and have to change my plans to deal with them. There's very little rhyme or reason I'm afraid.

Most of my leads come via the website but of those which do come by phone my 0800 bills tell the tale. My dearest month was January at £9-odd. My cheapest was April at £1.50-something. Average is somewhere around the £4-£5 mark.

Ryu
11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Its hard finding time to reply to the thread, inbetween replying to the 20 email enquiries I have, and the almost constant ringing phone...:cool:

Seriously though, usually 1 or 2 a week, We're have our first weekend in 5 weeks free the weekend after next. I guess being part timers, there is only really 104 or so nights a year we CAN work, except for Xmas of course.

Charlie Brown
11-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys, it twas just out of interest,

Thinking about it I didn't start this thread, yet it says I did....

I remember posting it on another thread though

Strange, but thanks

Sam
11-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Yup.
And if I am honest.. if I got X amount of calls a day.. I think I would end up just getting annoyed with it and wouldn't have much enthusiasm when answering the phone (which can really help to sell the package)

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys, it twas just out of interest,

Thinking about it I didn't start this thread, yet it says I did....

I remember posting it on another thread though

Strange, but thanks

I split the post from the other thread Charlie, so it didn't go off topic too much and I thought this would be a good separate thread anyway.

ppentertainments
11-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Agree with other comments. I used to find Monday's were the busiest but now tends to be weekends (especially saturday nights during a gig !!).

Vectis
11-06-2008, 04:42 PM
(especially saturday nights during a gig !!).

Yeah... why is that??? :bang:

I get more phone calls from potential punters on Friday/Saturday nights than at any other time :confused: In fact, I even get a lot from signed-up punters wanting to arrange their planning meetings etc...... are they stoopid? :)

Sam
11-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Because they think you will be 'available' for disco business maybe? Instead of say being at "normal" work?!

The mind boggles.

yourdj
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Most of my calls are from yellow pages/yell and don't really end up with much. email enquires are best and result in most bookings as i can say allot more and give links to the site etc.

To answer your question between 0 - 5 a day. Mostly saying can i av a disco for £150, with me normally saying no!

ppentertainments
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah... why is that??? :bang:

I get more phone calls from potential punters on Friday/Saturday nights than at any other time :confused: In fact, I even get a lot from signed-up punters wanting to arrange their planning meetings etc...... are they stoopid? :)

Could be to 'check you out' I thought. If you were not working friday/saturday could indicate you are not very popular.
just a thought