PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Times

super-hero
14-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for items to arrive from Thomann.

I am looking to buy 4x led par 56's, but I need them for next Saturday.

OR, can someone suggest a UK supplier of cheap led par cans.

Thanks.

Jiggles
14-06-2008, 11:08 PM
They should get to you by Saturday. When i got my mixer it only took 3-4days max.

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I've had delivery time between 3 and 7 days.

Tom
15-06-2008, 12:54 AM
When I orded my led par cans from them it took 3 days. :)

Tony Scott
15-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Make sure they have 3 green bars on the little stock level thingy and they will get to you by next Saturday.

If theres a problem with stock they let you know right away, you can then re-order something they do have in stock......

...they're German and very very efficient!! :approve:

Vectis
15-06-2008, 09:31 AM
3-4 days max, and I've got an extra 'hop' involved :)

super-hero
15-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys,
My next question is; How good are the Thomann led par 56's. are they nice and bright. I am only looking for some cheap background lighting so I don't want to be paying more than £50 per fixture.

Cheers.

lazerdjs
15-06-2008, 10:46 AM
which ones are you looking at with thomann? because they do the £32 for Par56 which I have heard are very good for the money. but they also now do a par64 version for £3 more! so i would definitely go with the 64s out of those 2
if you want to spend a bit more they also do par56s for £48. im not sure how much better these are?
i always think if you are using them for backlighting and things its better to maybe go for the cheaper ones and buy more units. if you are wanting to wash a dancefloor the output is obviously going to be a lot more important.

ive used the eurolight par64 10mm ones from thomann a lot and they are very good units

super-hero
15-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I can't find enough info on the Thomann site to work out the differeces between the par 56 an dthe 64. Other than the obvious.

I was wondering about how many led's each has and the size of the led's.

And are the dimmable.

I was going to buy the package with the par 64's and the controller.

What are your thoughts about this.

lazerdjs
15-06-2008, 11:47 AM
have you got a link to the package?

they are all usually dimmable as this is how you mix colours..different rations of colours

super-hero
15-06-2008, 12:34 PM
http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_cbundle_110.html?gk=ligg56&cbcid=657&art=77861

http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_cbundle_110.html?gk=liblfw&cbcid=657&art=77863

These are the 2 packages I am interested in. I am leaning towards the par 64's at the minute. You are probably right about them being dimmable. It was just me that was being a bit dim.

Please let me know your thoughts as I would like to order them today if people think they are ok.

Cheers.

lazerdjs
15-06-2008, 03:14 PM
For an extra £10 i would most definitely go for the par 64s

super-hero
15-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have ordered the par 64's and controller.
Lets hope they arrive before Saturday.

I will let you know what I think of them.

Cheers.

lazerdjs
15-06-2008, 07:29 PM
good. i hope they are up to thomann standard. I ordered some more of them on friday for a gig next weekend. need a bit more mood lighting than normal!

super-hero
20-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, they arrived on Thursday, which was a relief.

Very impressed with the brightness. Good to have dmx and stand alone mode. Although it would have been a nice touch if you could like them with dmx cables and they would synchronise in stand alone mode.

I also bought the dmx controller which is easy to use and to program. Has a built in mic and a smoke machine socket. The only downside is that it does not come with any scenes or chases built in. So you have to get programming staraight away.

Also everything comes with euro plugs, which I chopped off and fitted kettle leads instead.

All said and done, I think they are good value for money. I will be using mine along with my new Impossibled on Saturday. I will try and get pictures or video of everything in action.

lazerdjs
21-06-2008, 12:14 AM
yeah myne arrived to on wednesday. the functions are far better than on the eurolight ones which are more expensive. finally you can set them to fade really slowly through the colours on their own. shame as you said there is no master/slave functions as the eurolights do have this.
overall a good buy... just wish they also sold them with uk plugs!