PDA

View Full Version : Respect for the forum and your fellow DJs

soundtracker
17-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I've noticed lately that I am having to spend a lot of time editing posts that contain a basic lack of respect for the English Language, the Forum and your fellow DJ. I will reiterate once more for the newer members, that text speak is against the rules and will be dealt with on every occasion, ultimately resulting in your posts being deleted. Everyone has the opportunity to use a spelling and grammar checker, so if you do tend towards errors, just run your post through the checker first- it takes no time at all!
When you fail to use punctuation, the meaning of your post can be lost, misconstrued, or even taken as an affront, so please take a little care! (Wanted piano for old lady with carved legs)
We have had a lot of antagonism on the forum lately, I'm not going to try and blame this all on the misuse of language, but it certainly contributes!

PLEASE TAKE A LITTLE TIME AND CARE, AND WE WILL ALL BENEFIT.

Oh by the way, first person to claim dyslexia is a nkob!

Penfold42
17-06-2008, 10:31 AM
:agree: and well said.....even though i fall short sometime's.......:(

:lol:.......:D

Candybeatdiscos
17-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Were you aware that a major study has just been completed where theyactually taught in text speak and the general exam results went up, unfortuantly the world is changing and it wouldn't surprise me if the english dictionary is actually changed within the next 10 years to include text words etc, i mean back in time we had middle englisg language which was all thou, thee, thy etc so whose not to say it wont change to keep up with the times? Better get prepared otherwise someone might have us up on discrimination etc (well with all this PC nonsence it aint that far fetched)

theoloyla
17-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Were you aware that a major study has just been completed where theyactually taught in text speak and the general exam results went up, unfortuantly the world is changing and it wouldn't surprise me if the english dictionary is actually changed within the next 10 years to include text words etc, i mean back in time we had middle englisg language which was all thou, thee, thy etc so whose not to say it wont change to keep up with the times? Better get prepared otherwise someone might have us up on discrimination etc (well with all this PC nonsence it aint that far fetched)

You need a space between they and actually, a full stop after went up and there fore a capital letter for Unfortunately, another full stop after etc and a capital letter for I (which it should have anyway whether it is the start of a sentence or not), english is mis-spelled, a semi colon required after so, it should be who's not whose.

rob1963
17-06-2008, 06:12 PM
You need a space between they and actually, a full stop after went up and there fore a capital letter for Unfortunately, another full stop after etc and a capital letter for I (which it should have anyway whether it is the start of a sentence or not), english is mis-spelled, a semi colon required after so, it should be who's not whose.

Theo,

You forgot to mention the requirement of a full stop at the end of the post in question.

:rolleyes:

Candybeatdiscos
17-06-2008, 06:15 PM
The beauty of text messaging is that it encourages you to make your point in 96 characters. There's no laziness involved - to condense a thought down to a minimum of simple, short words takes time, consideration, and a good grasp of standard English as well as its dialects.

Theo,

You forgot to mention the requirement of a full stop at the end of the post in question.

:rolleyes:

I was waiting for him to mention that too Rob lol - See not everyone's perfect

rob1963
17-06-2008, 06:17 PM
The beauty of text messaging is that it encourages you to make your point in 96 characters. There's no laziness involved - to condense a thought down to a minimum of simple, short words takes time, consideration, and a good grasp of standard English as well as its dialects.

I have no problem with text talk...

...as long as it's confined to text messages on mobile phones.

After all, that's what it's for!

:)

BeerFunk
17-06-2008, 06:37 PM
When you have a full size keyboard and screen in front of you, and you're not being charged for using a certain number of characters, there are no excuses. Certain abbreviations are universal and won't cause any confusion or lack of clarity - but most will.

theoloyla
17-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I dont have too big a problem with text talk - although I dont like it and it is against the rules on this forum which are set by the proprietors, admin and mods - not us; so you have to obey the rules or get into trouble.

rob1963
17-06-2008, 07:10 PM
When you have a full size keyboard and screen in front of you, and you're not being charged for using a certain number of characters, there are no excuses. Certain abbreviations are universal and won't cause any confusion or lack of clarity - but most will.

:agree:

Vectis
17-06-2008, 07:20 PM
And don't forget...

Aoccdrnig to rcesraeh at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

;)

Glad you guys take the hardline on this stuff... one of my pet hates is poor use of grammar/punctuation and I've drifted away from certain other forums for this very reason.

Penfold42
17-06-2008, 10:30 PM
You know the rules VV......I won't tell you again about this.....

23. All communication should be in the English language and text language should not be used.

Consider yourself told off.............:eek: :p :D

:beer1: :beer1:

robbiedj
17-06-2008, 10:52 PM

Please can I have an exemption? I really am dyslexic. That's why Carol does most of the typing. At least then, you can all read it. :D

Penfold42
17-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Please can I have an exemption? I really am dyslexic. That's why Carol does most of the typing. At least then, you can all read it. :D

I think that's already understood.....:)

In a nice way.....:)

Sam
17-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I dont have too big a problem with text talk - although I dont like it and it is against the rules on this forum which are set by the proprietors, admin and mods - not us; so you have to obey the rules or get into trouble.

I agree.
I don't really mind someone say btw..
or IMO (which i use) or LOL..

Other than that.. stuff like tht or nt or m8 just annoys me because it is being lazy.

I like STFU though........ :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2008, 10:56 PM

That's the point though Rob - you have made a big effort. Others don't bother.

rob1963
18-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Fortunately, my spelling & grammar is quite good, but I cringe when I see some of the posts here.

If someone's written English is not good, they MUST know that, in which case why not just run it through a spell checker?

That's what I'd do.

Surely it's common sense?

:shrug:

soundtracker
18-06-2008, 12:55 AM
It makes me wonder sometimes what their communication with clients is like - I'd find it very off-putting as a potential customer!

Harrison's Discos
18-06-2008, 01:01 AM
And don't forget...

[I]Aoccdrnig to rcesraeh at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

That's the first i've heard of that and i think it's very clever. :thumbs_up:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2008, 01:06 AM
It makes me wonder sometimes what their communication with clients is like - I'd find it very off-putting as a potential customer!

I agree Ptehfdcdsklsj :D

soundtracker
18-06-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree Ptehfdcdsklsj :D

Sorry Daz, can't speak Polish!:D

PropellerHeadCase
18-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Fortunately, my spelling & grammar is quite good, but I cringe when I see some of the posts here.

If someone's written English is not good, they MUST know that, in which case why not just run it through a spell checker?

That's what I'd do.

Yes, Rob, but what you're missing is that oftentimes these people don't actually care that their use of English is substandard... they don't value it. I equate failing to take care with your English with bad manners. Failing to communicate clearly, to my mind, shows a disdain for those with whom you are communicating - of course for some it is a genuine lack of ability due to miseducation or a learning disability. Have you noticed, though, that those on here with genuine dyslexia are also the ones that try the hardest?

The decline of English as a language has been roughly commensurate with the decline in common courtesies; the kids saying 'Innit' and 'Fink' are the ones that aren't standing for an OAP on public transport, etc.

Even the BBC now says "Vee" rather than "versus" on sports broadcasts for goodness sake - so much for the last bastion of English, eh?

There was an ad running on TV in NZ where this kid was running around a supermarket buying stuff for his mum and got a text telling him "Dnt frgt th chps" - he spent the rest of the ad going "is that chips or chops?" :D

rob1963
18-06-2008, 06:26 PM

That's what I'd do.

:shrug:

Yes, Rob, but what you're missing is that oftentimes these people don't actually care that their use of English is substandard... they don't value it. I equate failing to take care with your English with bad manners. Failing to communicate clearly, to my mind, shows a disdain for those with whom you are communicating - of course for some it is a genuine lack of ability due to miseducation or a learning disability. Have you noticed, though, that those on here with genuine dyslexia are also the ones that try the hardest?

The decline of English as a language has been roughly commensurate with the decline in common courtesies; the kids saying 'Innit' and 'Fink' are the ones that aren't standing for an OAP on public transport, etc.

Even the BBC now says "Vee" rather than "versus" on sports broadcasts for goodness sake - so much for the last bastion of English, eh?

There was an ad running on TV in NZ where this kid was running around a supermarket buying stuff for his mum and got a text telling him "Dnt frgt th chps" - he spent the rest of the ad going "is that chips or chops?" :D

Al,

I'm not missing the fact that sometimes these people don't care that their use of English is sub-standard.

The fact that someone with bad spelling does NOT run their posts through a spell checker suggests to me that they simply don't care, as that's the only logical conclusion to draw.

Therefore, it looks like I'll continue to cringe at many of the posts.

robbiedj
18-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Al,

The fact that someone with bad spelling does NOT run their posts through a spell checker suggests to me that they simply don't care, as that's the only logical conclusion to draw.

Unfortunatly spell checkers do have a drawback. If the offending word is actually a word it is passed over. It will still be wrong but not recognised as such.

All those sound-alike words will still be used incorrectly.

rob1963
18-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Unfortunatly spell checkers do have a drawback. If the offending word is actually a word it is passed over. It will still be wrong but not recognised as such.

All those sound-alike words will still be used incorrectly.

Fair comment Robbie.

If only I had a pound for each time "there" or "their" was incorrectly used on this forum, though!

:D

Impactdisco
19-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Fair comment Robbie.

If only I had a pound for each time "there" or "their" was incorrectly used on this forum, though!

:D

Their their Rob. There bound to get it wrong sometimes!:)

rob1963
19-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Their their Rob. There bound to get it wrong sometimes!:)

:Laugh:

robbiedj
19-06-2008, 11:04 PM
The latest one to grate on me is use "of" where the correct word is "have"

e.g. He should of done this. NO!!! He should have done this.

Excalibur
19-06-2008, 11:55 PM
The latest one to grate on me is use "of" where the correct word is "have"

e.g. He should of done this. NO!!! He should have done this.

A hanging offence in my book! :eek: :eek:

theoloyla
23-06-2008, 12:32 PM
You could have said off with their heads!

Boogie Boy
23-06-2008, 04:02 PM
The point is, language is constantly evolving. Therefore, technically it's of no real use to tenaciously hold onto perceived correct grammar, spelling and the like, because once it's written down, it's more than likely out of date. If it were the correct thing to do, we'd all be speaking and writing an anglicised form of Latin, German, Old French or whatever, NOT what we perceive as current (read 1930's Oxford) English.

I really don't think we can be too precious about our language, even though I tend to be judgemental of those who don't speak or write it, particularly well. No-one is perfect.

soundtracker
23-06-2008, 04:28 PM
The important thing here, is that poor grammar and punctuation leads to unnecessary conflict, when posts are taken the wrong way. I see the word "Professional" bandied about a lot on this forum, but the level of spelling, grammar and punctuation, says everything but! If this attitude is allowed to prevail, it will quickly spill over into correspondence with the public, so therefore it is a good discipline to adopt.

CRAZY K
23-06-2008, 05:44 PM
The important thing here, is that poor grammar and punctuation leads to unnecessary conflict, when posts are taken the wrong way. I see the word "Professional" bandied about a lot on this forum, but the level of spelling, grammar and punctuation, says everything but! If this attitude is allowed to prevail, it will quickly spill over into correspondence with the public, so therefore it is a good discipline to adopt.

A good point--everyone is hopefully trying to raise standards--- as well as their income :D--- so dealing with clients prepared to pay more for a better quality product are generally unlikely to be impressed by poor grammar, bad spelling etc.

CRAZY K

Boogie Boy
23-06-2008, 06:26 PM

Erm, to a public that increasingly doesn't give a monkey's and may, or may not, speak and write the language better than us?

I agree with your sentiment, but as previously stated, I don't think we should be so precious about our language. A language that now belongs to how many billions? Billions who'll want it to work for them by adding their own nuances.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Erm, to a public that increasingly doesn't give a monkey's

What makes you think that?

soundtracker
23-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Erm, to a public that increasingly doesn't give a monkey's and may, or may not, speak and write the language better than us?

I agree with your sentiment, but as previously stated, I don't think we should be so precious about our language. A language that now belongs to how many billions? Billions who'll want it to work for them by adding their own nuances.

Sorry, but the clients that I aim my services at, would certainly baulk at poor quality responses to their enquiries. My conversion rates for enquiries to bookings, and also the amount of referral business that I am getting, suggest to me, that I'm getting it right.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry, but the clients that I aim my services at, would certainly baulk at poor quality responses to their enquiries.

So would mine.

BeerFunk
23-06-2008, 06:46 PM
I see the word "Professional" bandied about a lot on this forum, but the level of spelling, grammar and punctuation, says everything but! If this attitude is allowed to prevail, it will quickly spill over into correspondence with the public, so therefore it is a good discipline to adopt.It already is out there, on DJ websites. It is painful to look at some sites which contain basic spelling or grammatical errors - there are no excuses for website content!

Erm, to a public that increasingly doesn't give a monkey's and may, or may not, speak and write the language better than us?I think you might have a point, but only within certain groups of people. I hate to say it, but the ecucational standard of someone willing to pay £80 for a disco, and of someone willing to pay £480, will differ vastly in the majority of cases.

robbiedj
23-06-2008, 06:54 PM
The point is, language is constantly evolving. Therefore, technically it's of no real use to tenaciously hold onto perceived correct grammar, spelling and the like, because once it's written down, it's more than likely out of date. If it were the correct thing to do, we'd all be speaking and writing an anglicised form of Latin, German, Old French or whatever, NOT what we perceive as current (read 1930's Oxford) English.

I really don't think we can be too precious about our language, even though I tend to be judgemental of those who don't speak or write it, particularly well. No-one is perfect.

We already are. :D

Boogie Boy
23-06-2008, 07:51 PM
We already are. :D

OK clever clogs, how would you have worded it?:p

Would the addition of the words "that's far different to the language we use today" after whatever, make its meaning 100% accurate and clear?

PropellerHeadCase
23-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Oui ;)

theoloyla
24-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Tres drole.:)

PropellerHeadCase
25-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Merci ;)

soundtracker
25-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Ahem!

Rule 23. All communication should be in the English language and text language should not be used.

D'accord?

theoloyla
26-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Ahem!

Rule 23. All communication should be in the English language and text language should not be used.

D'accord?
D'accord should be secured by velcro or gaffa tape?:) :D

soundtracker
26-06-2008, 12:39 PM
D'accord should be secured by velcro or gaffa tape?:) :D

I was using cable ties sir!

Silver
26-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I was using cable ties sir!

Personally I would go for a nice Kipper tie! http://planetsmilies.net/grinning-smiley-9522.gif

soundtracker
26-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Personally I would go for a nice Kipper tie! http://planetsmilies.net/grinning-smiley-9522.gif

I'd prefer a coffee!

PropellerHeadCase
26-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Cafe au lait?

theoloyla
29-06-2008, 05:52 PM
No cappuccino!

Silver
29-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd prefer a coffee!

To be read in a Brummy accent! http://planetsmilies.net/eat-drink-smiley-5155.gif

theoloyla
29-06-2008, 06:48 PM
To be read in a Brummy accent! http://planetsmilies.net/eat-drink-smiley-5155.gif
I thought he was from Herfordshire.:)

soundtracker
29-06-2008, 07:11 PM
no I'm from Herefordshire! and it should be read in a Black Country accent!

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I thought he was from Herfordshire.:)

Where's that? :confused: :D

theoloyla
29-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Where's that? :confused: :D
If my typing was better about a hundred miles west of you.:)

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-06-2008, 07:21 PM
If my typing was better

Put your Martini down and it might be. :p

theoloyla
29-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Put your Martini down and it might be. :p
Two problems:
1. The martinis are already down my neck!
2. Half of the letters on my keyboard have worn out and I have to rely on my memory/touchtyping skills.
3. I am not that good at the best of times.

I've now got a 50% innacuracy on my original premise.

CRAZY K
29-06-2008, 07:38 PM
no I'm from Herefordshire! and it should be read in a Black Country accent!

The Black Country---I was gigging there last night---yes its looking pretty grim and black when the sun goes down:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice people though--:D

CRAZY K

Penfold42
29-06-2008, 09:10 PM

...ah 'Busting'.....:D

soundtracker
30-06-2008, 12:08 AM
...ah 'Busting'.....:D

Yow mean Bosting!

Penfold42
30-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Yow mean Bosting!

Yow (http://dialects.co.uk/brummie-translator.asp) ...........:D

soundtracker
30-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Yow (http://dialects.co.uk/brummie-translator.asp) ...........:D

Yes Yow - when read in youm best Black Country Accent!

Penfold42
30-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Yes Yow - when read in youm best Black Country Accent!

Can't keep this up.....can you not tell i'm crap at accent's......:D

soundtracker
30-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I had the benefit (not quite sure that's the right word!) of living in the Black Country for 5 years in the 80's - so I'm cheating a bit! allroight skeeep!

Corabar Steve
11-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I see the offenders neither contributed to this thread, or took any notice of it.

Excalibur
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I see the offenders neither contributed to this thread, or took any notice of it.

I had to look back to page one to find out what the original post was about! :o

Penfold42
11-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I had to look back to page one to find out what the original post was about! :o

:rofl:.....yeah, you troublemaker......:D :D :D :D :D

Excalibur
11-08-2008, 08:56 PM
:rofl:.....yeah, you troublemaker......:D :D :D :D :D

Since the thread is about respect for the forum, I shall forego the chance to make a witty and cutting riposte to that statement Tony.

After all, it's not nice to mock the afflicted. :p :p :D :D

Penfold42
11-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Since the thread is about respect for the forum, I shall forego the chance to make a witty and cutting riposte to that statement Tony.

After all, it's not nice to mock the afflicted. :p :p :D :D

:eek: ......:D

:beer1:

soundtracker
11-08-2008, 10:14 PM

Yes it does appear to have fallen on somewhat deaf ears! Probably waiting for someone to read it to them!

Penfold42
12-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes it does appear to have fallen on somewhat deaf ears! Probably waiting for someone to read it to them!

Probably not past Jane & John yet.

Corabar Steve
13-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Wasn't it Janet & John? I thought Jane hooked up with Peter.

soundtracker
13-08-2008, 08:28 AM

I never touched her!....................yeah it was Janet & John

Corabar Steve
13-08-2008, 09:01 AM
:sj:

soundtracker
13-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah but I divorced the b****!!!!

Penfold42
13-08-2008, 12:56 PM

Ok so I was close.....just because I forgot.....

http://www.star.le.ac.uk/edu/Root_folder/et.jpg

Corabar Steve
13-08-2008, 02:25 PM
To: Going somewhere? Going to School (like some on here should).
Too: Do you think so? Me too.
Two: There were two of them.

There: Look over there.
Their: I went to their house.
They're: They're living in London at the moment.

Fought: Mike Tyson fought a lot of boxing matches.
Thought: I thought he was rubbish.

Think: I think he still is.
Fink: He was a bit of a fink & not nice at all.

U: A letter useful for the words usually, up & umbrella
You: I saw you the other night

Whom: Ah stuff it that's just going to get ignored anyway.

Make a little effort folks, or are you just illiterate?

How long does it take to use a spell checker or read over your post before submitting it ???

(I know there are some genuine dyslexics on this forum, & their posts are usually a lot easier to read than those posted by our younger contingent!)

soundtracker
13-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Whom: Ah stuff it that's just going to get ignored anyway.

I see we graduated to whomever last night!

I fail to understand why people don't care, I'd hate it if people thought I was thick, but then again, perhaps they're just trying to fit the DJ stereotype! If you called them a Cowboy, there'd be all hell to pay, but thick seems to be acceptable!

Corabar Steve
13-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Indeed.

Shakermaker Promotions
13-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Spelling etc is a representation of yourself in my opinion. I know that sounds obvious but it's true isn't it?

If I turned up to a wedding or a meeting etc in jeans and t-shirt with my tattoos on show etc, unfortunately some people will go on first impressions and no doubt get the wrong idea so the obvious thing is to dress smartly and not give anyone the chance to write you off before you have even said a word.

The same goes with spelling etc in my book. A few of the things I have read on here in the past and especially over the past couple of weeks does'nt give a good impression of the posters, again..in MY opinion. Yes, it makes them look thick, lazy or just a member of the text generation.

I hope for their sakes that they use a spell checker or proof read their replies to email enquiries etc.. If I was on the other end of the email and got it back riddled with mistakes etc then it would make me think twice about the people I were dealing with. Now, that may sound outrageous to the people that I am talking about but it's true and if you have been sitting there wondering why things are quiet for you then take a look at that straight away.

soundtracker
13-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I quite agree, and even on here if someone's spelling or grammar is poor, I tend not to take any notice of any advice that they give, or any point that they try to get across.

Corabar Steve
13-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I just want to track them down & kill them :sj:

soundtracker
13-08-2008, 03:04 PM

Aaaah mercy killings eh?

Corabar Steve
13-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Indeed Your Honour

rob1963
13-08-2008, 03:32 PM
To: Going somewhere? Going to School (like some on here should).
Too: Do you think so? Me too.
Two: There were two of them.

There: Look over there.
Their: I went to their house.
They're: They're living in London at the moment.

I hope certain forum members take time to read & learn this!

If I turned up to a wedding or a meeting etc in jeans and t-shirt with my tattoos on show etc, unfortunately some people will go on first impressions and no doubt get the wrong idea so the obvious thing is to dress smartly and not give anyone the chance to write you off before you have even said a word.

I agree people often go on first impressions.

That's why I always turn up smartly dressed & speak to clients politely.

I'm sure this makes them think I'm very professional.

It's not until I actually start playing that they realise I'm crap.

Vectis
13-08-2008, 03:45 PM
... it would make me think twice about the people I were dealing with.

I trust this was tongue-in-cheek! :D

Shakermaker Promotions
13-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Of course! I wondered when someone would notice.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2008, 03:56 PM
It's not until I actually start playing that they realise I'm crap.

:lol:

Excalibur
13-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Spelling etc is a representation of yourself in my opinion. I know that sounds obvious but it's true isn't it?

The same goes with spelling etc in my book. A few of the things I have read on here in the past and especially over the past couple of weeks does'nt give a good impression of the posters, again..in MY opinion. Yes, it makes them look thick, lazy or just a member of the text generation.

I hope for their sakes that they use a spell checker or proof read their replies to email enquiries etc.. If I was on the other end of the email and got it back riddled with mistakes etc then it would make me think twice about the people I were dealing with. Now, that may sound outrageous to the people that I am talking about but it's true and if you have been sitting there wondering why things are quiet for you then take a look at that straight away.

I quite agree, and even on here if someone's spelling or grammar is poor, I tend not to take any notice of any advice that they give, or any point that they try to get across.

Not surprisingly I agree totally with all of the above.

Aaaah mercy killings eh?

It would be merciful to those of us who cringe reading some of them.

soundtracker
16-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Sorry to have to bump this thread again, but we seem to be deteriorating into a state of general ignorance. If you can't spell, use a spell-checker, it takes very little effort, and improving the standard of your written work, can only benefit your business dealings in the long-run!

CRAZY K
16-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Sorry to have to bump this thread again, but we seem to be deteriorating into a state of general ignorance. If you can't spell, use a spell-checker, it takes very little effort, and improving the standard of your written work, can only benefit your business dealings in the long-run!

Yes sadly instead of going up standards are going the other way--:eek:

Any member of the public reading on here might get the wrong impression:(

CRAZY K

Corabar Steve
17-01-2009, 10:31 AM
What, that we're all 13 - 15 year olds you mean?

Jiggles
17-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Well you do sometimes act like that Steve. :sj:

Corabar Steve
17-01-2009, 12:19 PM
& your point is????????

:sj:

Shaun
16-04-2009, 02:48 PM
*Bump*

Wouldn't do a few people any harm to re-read this thread. :)

soundtracker
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Just thought I would resurrect this thread again as standards are slipping somewhat!

Excalibur
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Just thought I would resurrect this thread again as standards are slipping somewhat!

Falling off a cliff? :confused: :( :(