PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Wedding Dance Lighting Effect.

501damian501
18-06-2008, 12:53 AM
hello you lot, as the title suggests whats the ultimate 1st dance lighting effect, mirror ball and pin spot with some soppy music ?

Shaun
18-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Mirror balls are perfect. I'll get round to buying some sometime. At the moment I use moving heads doing slow sweeps, or rotating gobos on the ceiling or walls.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2008, 12:56 AM
4 Impossibleds, with 2 moving heads strobing right in the B&Gs face. then have 4 scanners going as quick as they can, again right in the B&Gs face with lasers scanning the crowd........

Shaun
18-06-2008, 12:57 AM
4 Impossibleds, with 2 moving heads strobing right in the B&Gs face. then have 4 scanners going as quick as they can, again right in the B&Gs face with lasers scanning the crowd........

Perfect for Chav Receptions. :d

Sam
18-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Mirrorball.
But with a powerful enough unit on it so you actually get a decent effect.
I suggest something with a 250w discharge lamp.

rob1963
18-06-2008, 01:06 AM

I think Darren's finally flipped everyone!

Personally, I use 8 pinspots on a slow sequence.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2008, 01:08 AM
I thought the mirrorball had been written off in the first post, so I thought I'd post what I've seen other DJs doing over the years....

DazzyD
18-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Perfect for Chav Receptions. :d

I thought the mirrorball had been written off in the first post, so I thought I'd post what I've seen other DJs doing over the years....

Were you at Wayne Rooney & Colleens wedding then, Darren? :D :D :D

Personally, I just opt for the spots with (sometimes) the mini moonflower effects on a slow rotation.

501damian501
18-06-2008, 01:46 AM
darren you being serious about its what you have seen other people do ? When you say a light with a 250watt discharge are you refuring to something like a par can ?, damian

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2008, 01:58 AM
darren you being serious about its what you have seen other people do ? When you say a light with a 250watt discharge are you refuring to something like a par can ?, damian

I have seen many a video of first dances with lighting effects going mad all round the room, yup.

A nice wash, or mirrorball or scans/movers panning slowly are nice and subtle.

501damian501
18-06-2008, 03:05 AM
jesus, part time cowaboys at their best from the sounds of it, do you think a large mirror ball with 1 or 2 white par cans with scanners sweeping be more than enough ?, talking of wedding dances check this video out lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8jQgg1cmqs thanks damian

andyw
18-06-2008, 06:36 AM
we use 2 chamelean 4''s either with white light or red heart gobo's

mark@pegasus
18-06-2008, 08:59 AM
What would anyone suggest as a light to project onto a 12" mirroball I'm finding a PAR36 isn't giving enough effect but I'm worried that a 56 is going to be too powerful and wash the area in light making the ball ineffective at the mo the parcan is set about 3 feet below the mirrorball clamped to the leg of the tripod

UltraBeat Entertainment
18-06-2008, 09:15 AM
With my current setup i use a pair of PUMA's set to slow and pre select the white star gobo (and all from the CA-8 controller:rolleyes:)

soundtracker
18-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I usually use a combination of LED Pars and EVL spins set to slow, using the bunch of white hearts gobo.

Tony Scott
18-06-2008, 09:38 AM
What would anyone suggest as a light to project onto a 12" mirroball I'm finding a PAR36 isn't giving enough effect but I'm worried that a 56 is going to be too powerful and wash the area in light making the ball ineffective at the mo the parcan is set about 3 feet below the mirrorball clamped to the leg of the tripod

I aim my scanners or moving heads on to my mirrorballs for slow dances etc, I'll wheel out the picture again! :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2008, 11:05 AM

You can get par 56 pinspots from Thomann in Germany, or other things to consider are moving heads, scanners or probably the best idea is to use colour changers.

robbiedj
18-06-2008, 10:17 PM
I use 2 scans & 2 gobos dmxed to slow white & stars on ceiling, 2 moonflowers in white rotating in opposite directions on floor. Very similar to white mirrorball effect.

I've found more are opting for white lights for 1st dance now.

Vectis
18-06-2008, 10:21 PM
With haze - pair of datamoons on slow white rotate. Gorgeous.

Without haze - mirrorball lit by a couple of heads.

Both - LED lighting bar (or 2 PAR56 LEDs) set to a complimentary colour (match the colour scheme?) on a fairly dim setting just to add a little ambience (and make it bright enough to get great video).

Penfold42
19-06-2008, 05:31 PM

That's what I do.......:D