PDA

View Full Version : Rover V Dinarock

One Vision
08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Hya folks I have chance of a pair of acme rovers, however I was looking at the acme dinarocks which are cheaper.

Out of the 2 lights what are the better?

pulsemobiledisco
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
The rovers have seperate colour and gobo wheel and are 5 channel DMX and the dynarocks have combond colour / gobo wheel and are four channel DMX, so technically the Rovers are the better product.

Having not used either I could not comment about which is better in real life.

Sam

OllieJames
08-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I've seen both, and have used both.

The Rover is more versatile, as the above post states, there are seperate colour and gobo wheels, however this unit is heavier and bigger. The Dynarock, is a smaller unit, but has a combined colour/gobo wheel, so isn't as versatile. Both of them, as you know, have barrel mirrors. The rover has a much smoother movement, in my opinion, but the dynarock is still a very good unit.

Both units are £99 (www.djstore.com), so it'd be worth going for the rover, for seperate colour/gobo wheels.. Although, as i said it is considerabally bigger and heavier than the dynarock.

Hope that helps you!

One Vision
08-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Hya Ollie and Sam thanks fellas been a great help.
I wont be using via a DMX controller but linked and via the ca-8 controller.
Just had a nosy and yeh is a bit of a difference, for the money maybe the rover has more to go wrong inside also?????

I dont know what to do now am seriously confused.com :doh:
Rover:
Dimensions: 500 x 200 x 155mm
Weight: 8.2kgs

Dinarock:
Dimensions: 375 x 175 x 180mm
Weight: 4.5kg

OllieJames
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
For the money maybe the rover has more to go wrong inside also?????

Hmm, i wouldn't say so..

Acme make very reliable lights, so i'd say that the dynarock has the same chance of going wrong. If you wanted to properly DMX lights, i'd buy the Rovers, but if you litterally just want to whack them up on a stand link them up and let them run, then i'd buy the dynarocks. Reason being, is that when you do a disco (with smoke machine), people see the colours of the beam, rather than look at the gobos, so a dynarock would be just as good.

Hope that helps you Karl :)

One Vision
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Many thanks fella, I have had my mind set on the dinarocks for a good while now but spotted the rovers recently.
Eventually whatever I get Ill be replacing maybe next year with the isolution ones when I get a van, so I guess the dinarocks are ideal whilst am using the car.

Thanks fella you've come good :approve:

OllieJames
08-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Glad i could help you! :)

Charlie Brown
30-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I have just won a pair of the Rovers on eBay....I'm wondering what they are going to be like now.

soundtracker
30-03-2010, 11:29 PM
I have just won a pair of the Rovers on eBay....I'm wondering what they are going to be like now.

Big and Heavy!!!:D

Charlie Brown
30-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Really??? Bad mistake?

spin mobile disco
30-03-2010, 11:54 PM
No, they are still a good light with good output etc just heavier thats all.

DJ Jules
31-03-2010, 06:44 AM
The biggest difference between the Dynamo family and the Rovers/Winners is the quality of the Stepper motors. The Dynarocks are in the Dynamo family, and the majority of these lights are fitted with motors which are good for sweeping rapidly across the dance floor, but suck when it comes to making a gentle sweep.

It's less important with a barrel scan (as you only have one stepper motor + the barrel motor), but still noticeable. If you're using DMX to control them, you definitely need to be using the Rover/Winner's as you'll find that controlling the position of the mirrors in any of the dynamo family of lights is really hit and miss. But if you're happy with just hooking a bunch of lights together and getting dashes of light moving across the dance floor, then the Dynarocks are fine.

Julian

sgldisco
31-03-2010, 06:46 AM
I've just bought a pair of these.....

whooooooppaaaaaa... What a pair of lights.:D :D

22 watt LED (Very Bright), Seperate Colour Wheel, Seperate Gobo Wheel, 15 Gobos, 15 Colours, & 4.8kg.... A

I like these so much I have contact chauvet to see if they will be manufacturing the Insignia barrels in LED but not at the moment.. Shame, coz these are fantastic.... They say the barrel insignias weren't as popular as never sold as much as the intimidators???

Check Them Out..http://www.chauvetlighting.com/intimidator-scan-led.html

I got a pair, with case & ca-8 for £400 all in....@ www.djkit.com:)

OllieJames
31-03-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm looking to replace my Dynarocks with a pair of Rovers, now I'm full DMX.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I have just won a pair of the Rovers on eBay

Did you really need them?

What happened about saving hard for a booth or a van come to that? :confused:

Charlie Brown
31-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Did you really need them?

What happened about saving hard for a booth or a van come to that? :confused:

Maybe not, they can replace my Stormbirds.

I'll stick them back on eBay if I don't get on with them - once I have tarted them up.

On reflection, it was a waste of money. :o

OllieJames
31-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Maybe not, they can replace my Stormbirds.

I'll stick them back on eBay if I don't get on with them - once I have tarted them up.

On reflection, it was a waste of money. :o

Give me a shout when you sell them, Charlie ;)

Charlie Brown
31-03-2010, 12:28 PM
You're worse than me! You don't need anything else! :D

OllieJames
31-03-2010, 12:30 PM
You're worse than me! You don't need anything else! :D

I don't spend money on suits! :D

As I said, i'm looking to replace my dynarocks, as I'm now full DMX i'm after something a bit smoother.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't spend money on suits! :D

Nor does Charlie....:D

Charlie Brown
31-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Oi! :boxer2: :boxer2:

Steve James
06-04-2010, 06:47 PM
The biggest difference between the Dynamo family and the Rovers/Winners is the quality of the Stepper motors.

Very true, also the Winner/Rover use better optics & have a wider beam angle.

dj keevers
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
do you run multiple shows charlie or just a collector or dealer. The array of dj kit i see you acquire is mesmerizing