PDA

View Full Version : My new site - Template based

h8ytr
15-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi all

Appreciate your feedback on my new site.

www.partytimedjs.co.uk

It's a template and still got some work to do, but any general tips, comments etc would be great.

rob1963
15-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi all

www.partytimedjs.co.uk

It's a template and still got some work to do, but any general tips, comments etc would be great.

Hi h8ytr,

On the home page, there are a couple of small mistakes. "Our professional DJs carries the latest....." also "update/add details when yhou want to"

The navigation buttons aren't very clear, so I'd make them much bigger & also lose the 01 02 03 04 etc underneath them, as I see no point in numbering them.

A couple of smaller points. "Mix & match our unique range of services..." I was just wondering what is unique about them?

Also, you say guests can log into the client area where they can leave up to 5 requests each. This means if it was a function with 100 guests, you could end up with 500 requests...and that's on top of the ones from the client! Just something you might want to think about.

On the contact page, your basic form is the only way for people to contact you, which I think is very restricting. I would also add an email link, a landline telephone number and a mobile telephone number.

Finally, I would add navigation buttons to every page. At the moment, they are only on the home page. This means you have to close the page you're on to get back to the home page & then click the button for the next page you want to go to...which is a bit long-winded!

I hope this helps!

:)

h8ytr
15-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks Rob
The guest request system is something that is in eventplanner, but tbh they never rarely request many.
I'll add email, and tel number to the contact page!

There is only one page...I don';t understand what you mean about navigation?

rob1963
15-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks Rob

No problem!

There is only one page...I don't understand what you mean about navigation?

I mean on the home page there are buttons to navigate to 5 different pages: "Home" "Contact us" "Get quote" "Photos" and "Client log in"

For example, if I'm on the "Contact us page" and I want to go to the "Get quote" page, I can't. I have to close the "Contact us" page to go back to the "Home" page and THEN click on the button for the "Get quote" page.

Hope this clarifies what I was saying.

:)

Edit: One other small thing. Wouldn't it be better to have the photos on your website itself, rather than just linking to facebook?

Rowleys
15-07-2008, 11:27 AM
hmm free templates so hard to edit the way you wanted them

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi all

www.partytimedjs.co.uk

Are you promoting club DJs, cos that is what the picture is saying to me!

Rowleys
15-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Are you promoting club DJs, cos that is what the picture is saying to me!

its a free template downloaded from Internet and edited

the template is designed for and club and mobile disco

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-07-2008, 11:33 AM
its a free template downloaded from Internet and edited

the template is designed for and club and mobile disco

Yes, thank you professor, I know that.

I am saying it looks like he is promoting club DJs, which I'm not sure that they work as.

Penfold42
15-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, thank you professor, I know that.

:lol:....what's that about horses and water....:D

h8ytr
15-07-2008, 12:26 PM
thanks for the feedback guys

Yeah, that is the problem with templates...never gonna be exactly how I want it, but thought that the free template looked the best out of the bunch for discos.

I'm not really using it to get work etc, more of just a web presence so customers can log in etc.

DJWilson
15-07-2008, 03:28 PM
all the links go off to different websites such as fackbook for images.

make a gallery page using pixelpost or 'gallery'

Penfold42
15-07-2008, 03:32 PM
all the links go off to different websites such as fackbook for images.

make a gallery page using pixelpost or 'gallery'

Oh.....:lol:.....don't you mean 'Facebook'........:D :D :D :D :D

DJWilson
15-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh.....:lol:.....don't you mean 'Facebook'........:D :D :D :D :D

Yeah thats the one :lol: Ive gotta slow down on my typing

and on you copyright at the bottom:

Copyright @ 2008

Don't you mean © ?

h8ytr
15-07-2008, 07:21 PM
well spotted...cheers...that was already there in the template!

ppentertainments
15-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Is your availability checker up to date. I guess not (unless you are very quiet) as every date (fri and sat) I put in came up as available. Sad I know but I often check these on dj sites as very few are kept updated.

h8ytr
16-07-2008, 09:05 AM
yeah I have 4 DJs working so we do have availability. It only shows no availability if all 4 of us are out..it's all linked to DJEventplanner so it's all up to date...thanks for checking though