PDA

View Full Version : My all new website

Charlie Brown
15-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi guys.....

I'm sure many of you will remember my old 14 page website where you had to pan, zoom and sometimes crop to read the info.

Over the past few days I have come up with this....

I need to change the pictures on it and add some videos...but as always would appreciate your much need/valid advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Charlie Brown

Jiggles
15-07-2008, 09:27 PM
blue on black is a real no no!
There seem to be a slight over hang on the Teen & Adult page. There is also a few big block of text making it boring to read.

Charlie Brown
15-07-2008, 09:32 PM
blue on black is a real no no!
There seem to be a slight over hang on the Teen & Adult page. There is also a few big block of text making it boring to read.

Hmm yeh I agree about the big chunk of text, but regarding the blue on black....have a look at your website:eek: Mine is a small copyright thing...yours is the whole bloomin template lol.....

Jiggles
15-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Im meaning Blue text on a black background!

Penfold42
15-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I quite like it...but agree the blue and black don't work.
Also ....why is it when you open it up..you have to scroll down. Like the idea if you can fit it on one page without scrolling, your onto a winner..:)

ProLaserUK
15-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Looks too plain for my liking. I agree with the block text, I don't like it. Consider getting a professional web designer, you'd get a much more professional website. Will cost you more but the results are far better.

Neil.

ppentertainments
15-07-2008, 09:57 PM
"You will be surprised at what we quote but if you can find another company cheaper then us then we are happy to beat it by 10%."
Makes you sound desperate - if fifty quid sid quoted would you charge £45 ??

You hold a 2 hour kids party yet will take requests for up to 50 songs for it ??

The older generation love a good party and this is what Charlie Brown's Disco GUARANTEE
How can you guarantee this ???

Being picky on your text I know but (like my site) think it needs some attention. Don't make all these claims to 'be the cheapest" or "guarantee" something you can't follow up on, people aren't stupid.

Penfold42
15-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Looks too plain for my liking. I agree with the block text, I don't like it. Consider getting a professional web designer, you'd get a much more professional website. Will cost you more but the results are far better.

Neil.

Yes....and if you have an income to do that...all well and good but for someone at school.....not bad in my books.

rob1963
15-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi Charlie,

It doesn't look too bad to me.

I just noticed three things:

1) There is a big white border around all the pages. I think it would look better if you lost this & the dark background continued.

2) I'm not sure about the navigation buttons being in the bottom left corner. It's not something I've seen before. I think people normally expect navigation buttons to either be along the top (or near the top) or down the left hand side.

3) I'd add a contact form to the contact page.

Hope this helps!

:)

soundtracker
15-07-2008, 11:27 PM
"In all our years of entertaining "

Your 15 - what does this mean?

Charlie Brown
17-07-2008, 10:22 PM
"You will be surprised at what we quote but if you can find another company cheaper then us then we are happy to beat it by 10%."
Makes you sound desperate - if fifty quid sid quoted would you charge £45 ??

You hold a 2 hour kids party yet will take requests for up to 50 songs for it ??

The older generation love a good party and this is what Charlie Brown's Disco GUARANTEE
How can you guarantee this ???

Being picky on your text I know but (like my site) think it needs some attention. Don't make all these claims to 'be the cheapest" or "guarantee" something you can't follow up on, people aren't stupid.

Thank you very much, I have changed all, so thanks again:)

I quite like it...but agree the blue and black don't work.
Also ....why is it when you open it up..you have to scroll down. Like the idea if you can fit it on one page without scrolling, your onto a winner..:)

Thank you very much:D

Hi Charlie,

It doesn't look too bad to me.

I just noticed three things:

1) There is a big white border around all the pages. I think it would look better if you lost this & the dark background continued.

2) I'm not sure about the navigation buttons being in the bottom left corner. It's not something I've seen before. I think people normally expect navigation buttons to either be along the top (or near the top) or down the left hand side.

3) I'd add a contact form to the contact page.

Hope this helps!

:)

Hi Rob,

I agree about the menu bar, but its just how the template is. I will have a work on it and same about the black background.....

Thank you and I will look into it:)

Thanks Guys

soundtracker
18-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Our thousands of songs date back to the 50's with favourites like "Bobby's Girl" "Walking back to happiness" and "Lipstick on your collar."

"Suagr Sugar"

Bobbys Girl 1962, Walking back to happiness 1961

Charlie Brown
18-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Our thousands of songs date back to the 50's with favourites like "Bobby's Girl" "Walking back to happiness" and "Lipstick on your collar."

"Suagr Sugar"

Bobbys Girl 1962, Walking back to happiness 1961

Yes that is correct and I knew that at the time, but if somebody wanted me to play 60's then I wouldn’t associate “Bobby’s girl” with the 60’s but 50’s. They are very early 60's so could be understood 50's if that makes sense.

If you were asked to play some songs for the oldies to jive/dance to and they asked for 50's you and I would probably play “Booby’s Girl and Walking back to happiness.”

They are very different to "sweat soul music-Arthur Conley" for example...

Am I making sense?

soundtracker
18-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Yes that is correct and I knew that at the time, but if somebody wanted me to play 60's then I wouldn’t associate “Bobby’s girl” with the 60’s but 50’s. They are very early 60's so could be understood 50's if that makes sense.

If you were asked to play some songs for the oldies to jive/dance to and they asked for 50's you and I would probably play “Booby’s Girl and Walking back to happiness.”

They are very different to "sweat soul music-Arthur Conley" for example...

Am I making sense?

Sorry, I definately wouldn't try and pass 60s off as 50s, there are plenty of 50s tracks around, you can't generalise about any decades!

Charlie Brown
18-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Sorry, I definately wouldn't try and pass 60s off as 50s, there are plenty of 50s tracks around, you can't generalise about any decades!

Yes I surpose you are right....

Just I thought the most common songs that people would reconise...

Well thank you and I will change soon..:)