PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Singers...

KaraokeDJ
16-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Since buying new mics (SHURE) I have all but eliminated my feedback probs from a few months ago, but the only time I worry about feedback is when I have a very quiet singer and have to up the gain so far that it is almost inevitable that some feedback will get through.

How do you guys deal with very quiet voices?

UltraBeat Entertainment
16-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Theres not much you can do sadly. Just one of these things.

All i do is hint/ask the singer to hold mic closer to their mouths and ask them to sing louder.

What else can you do???:confused:

ppentertainments
16-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Theres not much you can do sadly. Just one of these things.

All i do is hint/ask the singer to hold mic closer to their mouths and ask them to sing louder.

What else can you do???:confused:

Not a lot else you can do. the other one is where the person looks around the room whilst holding the mic in the same place.:rolleyes:
All we can do is advise.

Elite Entertain
21-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Best thing to do is... not worry about it! There is very little you can do, as you are correct that turning up the gain will give feedback, which no body wants to hear. If your mic is particularly directional, you can make sure that the singer is singing into it (by moving their hand accordingly), rather than across the top.

Penfold42
21-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Best thing to do is... not worry about it! There is very little you can do, as you are correct that turning up the gain will give feedback, which no body wants to hear. If your mic is particularly directional, you can make sure that the singer is singing into it (by moving their hand accordingly), rather than across the top.

WOW....a 3 year old newbie.....:)

Hello and wellcome.....
Please take a few minutes to read this....
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Thank you.
*I look forward too your post*

DazzyD
21-07-2008, 07:28 PM
A lot of people are saying there's not much you can do but I disagree. I'd start by slightly reducing the echo depth so there's less chance of feedback, turning down the backing and turning up the microphone.

At least this way people will be able to hear the singer along with the backing music.

KaraokeDJ
03-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree with all to a certain extent but you are right Dazzy, the important thing is that people can hear the singer. I'd rather the backing was right down if a really quiet singer was having a go, thier friends/family want to hear them!!!