PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone and calls

Tom
17-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Got a bit of a problem.

I currently have the the one mobile which is for personal and buisness use.

I have now started to get enquirys while at work and have been caught a few time. Things do not look good for me at work at the moment. :(

I was thinking of taking out another contract phone as my personal one. Would this be a good idea???

Also if I do this I would need to add call times so people can only phone me from a certain times. I don't want to loose buisness but I also need to keep my job at the same time.

What should I do guys and gals:confused: :(

ppentertainments
17-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Not brilliant but a good voicemail explaining you are working and will be in between xx and xx but can leave a message.

Alternatively can you not get someone who is at home to answer calls through the day. I know a lot of dj's who do this.

Like you I also need a job as well but am lucky as can use my mobile at work. I actually made it clear at my interview and there was no problem. It is hard though working and running a disco.

discomobiledj
17-07-2008, 07:14 PM
What about a PAYG phone? If it's just to receive calls on this would be a cheap way of doing it rather than taking out a contract for 12/18/24 months.

Rowleys
17-07-2008, 07:18 PM
i just have 1 contract phone with a voice mail most people leave messages but if i get a missed call and my phone is off when i turn it on i get a text message or the time and number

Tom
17-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Not brilliant but a good voicemail explaining you are working and will be in between xx and xx but can leave a message.

Not really. Everyone here works. One family member comes home at 2pm but I get home at 4pm so I'm not really gaining anything tbh.

What about a PAYG phone? If it's just to receive calls on this would be a cheap way of doing it rather than taking out a contract for 12/18/24 months.

I could do but I already have the current phone on all the buisness cards ect. To be honest it works out cheaper to have a contract as when I phone the clients I spend a good 20 mins on the phone to check and double check everthing. If this was on a Pay As You go then this could get expensive. Thanks for the idea anyway. :)

djsteve10
17-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Not really. Everyone here works. One family member comes home at 2pm but I get home at 4pm so I'm not really gaining anything tbh.

I could do but I already have the current phone on all the buisness cards ect. To be honest it works out cheaper to have a contract as when I phone the clients I spend a good 20 mins on the phone to check and double check everthing. If this was on a Pay As You go then this could get expensive. Thanks for the idea anyway. :)

So what do you work as,

In the workshops where we make furniture frames they are abit tough on mobile phones so its easy to just hide and awnser it lol.

Tom
17-07-2008, 08:31 PM
So what do you work as,

In the workshops where we make furniture frames they are abit tough on mobile phones so its easy to just hide and awnser it lol.

I'm an industrial cleaner (is a coal powerstation) working in over 110db so I dont actually hear the calls. I usually get them on my breaks for some reason. lol

CRAZY K
17-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I use an answerphone on the landline with a message to leave enquiries.

If you wanted to check twice a day for messages you can use a system ( cant remember the name) where you dial in and pick up your messages.

Then you ring them back if you need to.

I doubt people would be that concerned if you rang back later--if your not offering a full answering service in the day time.

When I go on holiday I take phone numbers off the website and leave email address only---still get dozens of enquiries---which I pick up by email in India, Thailand, Vietnam, Egypt or wherever the wife decides the holiday is:D

CRAZY K

Tom
22-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the tips. :)

Ihave decided to get a new phone and got it today. I don;t want to risk loosing my job.

If anybody wants or needs my personal number just pm me and ill send it over. If anybody has my old number that is now my buisness contact number :)