PDA

View Full Version : Our Female DJ's

Ace DJ
21-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Just thought I would give a bit of praise for the minority in our profession.
Our Female DJ's.

Sandy of Sandysounds done a really great wedding gig for my agency on Saturday in Northampton. The client and the hotel management rang saying how great her show was. Very friendly and a great professional and a job very well done.
Come on you guys are you not a little bit jealous being overtaken by a lady!!!!
Ace

Shaun
21-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Come on you guys are you not a little bit jealous being overtaken by a lady!!!!
Ace

Not in the slightest. Woman can do the job every bit as good as us men.

Well done on another successful gig, Sandy. :approve:

BeerFunk
21-07-2008, 05:08 PM
They let them DJ now??! :eek:

Seriously, I've often wondered why there aren't so many female DJs. There are a few club DJs, but I think that with a lot of them it's a bit of a gimmick/selling point - although obviously they have to be half decent too! :)

OllieJames
21-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Well done Sandy! :)

rob1963
21-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I've often wondered why there aren't so many female DJs.

I completely agree.

I've never understood why there are so few female DJs, especially on the Radio.

Women make up 50% of the population, so why do they account for much less than 20% of all DJs?

:shrug:

jimboylan
21-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Well done Sandy.

I think the reason there are less female DJs is quite possibly to do with the lugging gear about, I'm not saying I agree with it, Sandy proves women are just as capable or even more capable than some men in Sandys case.

Jim

KrazyKaz
21-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Well done Sandy :)

spin mobile disco
21-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I think the risk involved in the mobile disco disco trade may account for the fewer female Dj's in our area. My wife contantly mentions the risks that are involved with drunks and other hazards.
Mind you saying that trouble may be less likely to happen around a woman than a man. A perk of the sex lol.
At least the equipment is getting lighter these days thanks to composite materials eing used this may attract more woman to the profession.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Good lord, there are women DJs? :sofa:

rob1963
21-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I think the reason there are less female DJs is quite possibly to do with the lugging gear about

That might explain why there are less female DJs running mobile discos...

...but it doesn't explain why there are loads less female DJs on the radio.

:shrug:

sandysounds
22-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks guys....I'm all overcome now!