PDA

View Full Version : Site Review

balust
26-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I have recently put up a site (http://www.balust.com) for my mobile disco service. Just finished it myself a couple of days ago. I'm stuck a bit on what to include in the home page mainly as i think i have catered for most things on the other pages. I thought about including some posts from the guestbook in the future but its still really empty haven't told many people about it just yet just a few friends of mine as I think I still have where to improve in it. So any suggestions on new pages or other information I should be adding in the near future would be very welcome :)

ps I know about the lack of pictures at the moment that's because i still have to take some off my external hard drive to put on the site

Thanks Jonny

BeerFunk
26-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Not bad, looks neat and does the job! The only thing that was prominent to me was the neon type used for your logo is hard to focus on, or maybe that was just me.

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Not bad, looks neat and does the job! The only thing that was prominent to me was the neon type used for your logo is hard to focus on, or maybe that was just me.

No, I thought the same.

rob1963
26-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree about the logo being hard to focus on...it feels like I'm looking at it after a night in my local!

The home page says "Music with a difference" but it is not explained anywhere just what that difference is.

I think the site needs a lot more information, as this is minimal at present. The only information given is in the few sentences on the about us page.

Hope this helps.

balust
26-07-2008, 06:56 PM
hmm thanks as soon as i get my chance i will try to fix the logo try to make it a bit cisper and see what comes out.

what else would you think i should include in the home page then? to make it more effective? that's the part where i'm a bit blank on actually... don't want to put redundant data all around. thanks

rob1963
27-07-2008, 11:15 AM
what else would you think i should include in the home page then? to make it more effective? that's the part where i'm a bit blank on actually... don't want to put redundant data all around. thanks

To be honest, I think you've made the decision of what to have on the home page harder by also having an about us page.

I know lots of people have both, but I personally don't see the point, as all websites have a home page where you'd espect a summary of the business & what it does, but you'd probably expect the same thing on the about us page!

What about a couple of sentences about the services you offer, a couple of photos of people enjoying themselves at one of your functions & maybe some recent customer feedback?

Hope this helps.

:)

balust
27-07-2008, 02:12 PM
thanks a lot Rob, I've made some points tried to be eye catchy. as regards to writing down some feedback i was going to add some posts from the guestbook once that gets a bit filled up so it will be one of the users' comments.

As regards to pictures i'm looking to add a few thumbnails, which then link up to the particular album in the photo gallery. (there are so much its difficult to choose)

I modified the logo it should be a bit crisper now not sure if that looks good enough though.

thanks again :)

rob1963
27-07-2008, 05:37 PM
No problem!