PDA

View Full Version : My New Website

LEENEWSOME
04-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Well its 99% finished it just needs proof reading and some grammatical errors need sorting out but im nearly there and im well chuffed with it.

http://fatcowmedia.com/clients/honky/index.php

One Vision
04-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I love it Not really gone through the text too much but the rest I am very impressed :approve2:

Paul James Promotions
05-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Very, very nice mate.

I would probrably stop the flashing name at the top, and if possible slow down the moving dots :D

Marc J
05-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Looks really good :)

One technical issue, though - there's no alternate content for viewers withiout Flash (or who have flash disabled). Flash is disabled in a lot of workplaces and there are large chunks of your page (including the header with the navigation) which will not show at all for these visitors.

I personally don't like hit counters visible to the public, I can't see the point in them. Too low and people think you're not popular, too high and they think you're lying - you can't win really!

On the header, the white box drawing is a good effect on the first page, but becomes tiresome as you click through the site. Personally I'd make the header appear instantly on all but the homepage.

One more thing (sorry!), when first loading the galleries take a while to show - I actually thought you hadn't added anything yet until the first one actually loaded.

Overall though - good job - I like it :)

discomobiledj
05-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Like the site, only thing I would suggest would be to change the colour of the text from orange as it was a bit painful on the eyes.

rob1963
05-08-2008, 08:00 AM
From what I can see, an excellent site! :5star:

Just a couple of things which occurred to me.

Firstly, I agree about the orange text on the home page not being very easy on the eye, so I'd definately change it for something clearer.

Secondly, I'd add a contact page. It wasn't until I scrolled down the home page that I noticed your contact details were near the bottom on the right.

The Christmas time page doesn't seem to say very much, so I'd personally change that into a contact page & add the info about christmas parties to the home page.

Apart from that, great stuff!

Charlie Brown
20-08-2008, 06:31 PM
A very nice website, great presentation and design.

Love it:) :)

DazzyD
20-08-2008, 10:47 PM
The very first thing I noticed was the website address. I would consider getting a .com or .co.uk domain of your own with a memorable address. This would make it easier for people to find your site in the first place.

Out of curiosity, you state that you don't sub out work and people only get you. What happens when you're ill or can't make the gig? I'm assuming you don't let clients down.

LEENEWSOME
21-08-2008, 09:51 PM
The very first thing I noticed was the website address. I would consider getting a .com or .co.uk domain of your own with a memorable address. This would make it easier for people to find your site in the first place.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Daz that was when it was on my web designers server lol :eek:

djmarc
18-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Nice great looking website. I did pick up on something,Your plazma tv set up just wondering does your tv licence cover you :D

LEENEWSOME
18-01-2009, 06:28 PM
why would i need a tv licence. i dont show tv programmes when i DJ.

Dont really know any other VDJ's that show corrie whilst working LOL

Penfold42
18-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Nice web site. :)

DJWoodie
18-01-2009, 07:12 PM
VERY nice site lee...... but a few continuity errors I have just come across.

1. £10 Million PLI on home page, but in FAQ it is £5 Million
2. ONLY you will be the DJ, but again in FAQ it mentions you will get another DJ if you are ill.....

Not nitpicking matey, just rather tell you here than let a client wonder...

Very nice site, very professional image. Very impressed.

edit...
1st dance list of top ten? Where is it Lee? says to the right?

Hope you are taking this all with the good intent it is meant. I am NOT trying to critisise, just trying to help spot the little errors. :)

djmarc
18-01-2009, 08:47 PM
why would i need a tv licence. i dont show tv programmes when i DJ.

Dont really know any other VDJ's that show corrie whilst working LOL

Hey lee was only joking i can see your good at what you do by the look of your setup. Well done nice website. Being only a newbie we can only learn from guys like you.

cheers

LEENEWSOME
18-01-2009, 10:41 PM
the first dance list is at the top of the page on the right as a visual countdown.

i know you were only joking marc, dont worry. thanks for your nice comments.

will change the 5 million PLI TO 10 in the FAQ, Well spotted.

If i do become Ill then i will provide a suitable alternative. whats the other option, if i become ill just leave the client stranded. That comment on the site is there because a lot of DJ's take bookings then just send someone else along.

No woodie its good that some people spot different things that sometimes you just cant see . thanks.

DJWoodie
19-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Glad you took it as it was meant Lee, trying to help. Yes I have now seen the countdown - Silly me!

I knew why you put the replacement DJ in case you are ill. Just as a suggestion, the only change I would make would be on that first page when you make it clear it will be you. Perhaps a line on the end there that you will of course find a replacement if you are taken ill that day or something.

Always difficult websites. I had mine running for two years with a HUGE mistake on it. Spotted by my son eventually. Nobody ever told me that we had a different price starting from sex. It should have been starting from six! LOL. I felt like ringing up every former client and explaining!!!

I must emphasise that your site is the most professional I have seen to date. It really would swing me to you for a wedding rather than some of the alleged competition. Outstanding.

BTW, the plasma package looks awesome.