PDA

View Full Version : A little advice please... Vocopro dvg-777K

BigBash
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a new karaoke player, the Vocopro DVG 777K.
I'm really happy with the unit and no problems so far, but I was just wondering about one of the facilities it offers:
There are several inputs on the unit, alongside the standard CD/DVD function. These include two data card slots for SD and mini SD cards, and a USB socket to connect an external hard drive or other storage device.
I've tried these with standard MP3 files and they work fine, however I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with this particular player and whether its possible to run CDG / mp3+g files directly from a data storage device?
Sorry for the long winded description....

Thanks in advance

Ian

DazzyD
10-09-2008, 11:49 PM
It's good to hear of others using VocoPro. We've been using VocoPro hardware for a long time and still happy with it.

Anyway, I don't have any personal experience with this particular player but I'm not sure if you're asking if it's possible to play digital karaoke direct from a storage device in general or if you mean can this machine play these formats direct. If it's the former then yes, you can play MP3+G direct from storage devices. I know of singers who have midi backing stored on SD cards on this type of player but I can only assume that it's capable of decoding MP3+G, or .bin files. It is a karaoke player after all!

EDIT:

I was probably wrong! I've googled it for reviews and formats it reads are CD, DVD, CD+G, HDCD, VCD and MP3. Can't find a mention of any other formats. Sorry!