PDA

View Full Version : New Site

ross@rds
05-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi

Just finished the main parts of the website still some small changes here and there to do but just looking for some tips etc from you guys and gals , if there is changes or things i should add let me know as this is my first site apart from my freewebs one which i deleted before copying the info so had to start from scratch. Ignor the template thats only temp im currently designing a new template from my site which will make it look alot better.

http://www.rdsmobiledisco.co.uk

Cheesey 1975
09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Ross

I think you need to look at the meet the team bit

You need to check your spelling and also need to remove the under construction bits in my opinion

Dragonfly
09-09-2008, 02:31 PM
the girl with 4 arms is freaking me out !!!!!! (says the man with one leg!) lol

personally like the bright fresh colours and just check on the things already mentioned.

JAMdisco
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Ross,

I agree with Cheesey. The spelling and grammar are all over the place. For example, you're and your are used incorrectly at least twice.

Also there's a mention of a song being released on the day you were born - check your spelling of released (realised).

Also as cheesey mentioned, try and stay away from 'site under construction' pages. It's better to get rid of the pages until they're finished.

Hope that helps.

rob1963
09-09-2008, 11:44 PM
The website says you started running the business 6 years ago...

...so you started running it when you were 11?

:confused:

ross@rds
10-09-2008, 12:00 AM
The website says you started running the business 6 years ago...

...so you started running it when you were 11?

:confused:

Thats when i first started doing family functions etc tells you this in the meet the team part.

rob1963
10-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Thats when i first started doing family functions etc tells you this in the meet the team part.

Wow...you DID start early!

Sorry Ross, I missed the bit where you explained that in the meet the team part.

As already mentioned by others, my main problem with the site is the grammar, spelling, punctuation, phrasing etc, and even though some of the errors are small ones, I still find them annoying.

I don't have time to examine the whole site with a fine tooth comb, but let's look at the home page for starters.

At the top where you list the functions you cover, you don't need a space between each word & the comma which follows it, only between each comma & the start of the next word. Also as far as I'm aware, you shouldn't be using capital letters at the start of each word for the occasions listed (apart from the first one, of course).

On the next part where you list the areas covered, you also need to remove the gaps between each word & the comma which follows it.

Also "Only using high quality equipment your guaranteed piece of mind your event will go without a problem" doesn't make sense.

Finally, it's peace of mind, not piece of mind.

I hope this helps.

:)