PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry form advice

One Vision
06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Hya fellas, I have been working on a PDF printable booking form, this is as an addition to the Enquiry I have on the website.
The reason for having them both is so I can print some of and have available in the car and at gigs to hand out if asked for business card.

Am just looking for your constructive views to weather its OTT, needs something ells included or just generally if it requires any re-wording.

I have tried to be as transparent as possible with it and highlighted what I feel is important for the customer to know in advance so no potential problems down the line.

Thanks in advance :)
http://www.disco-onevision.co.uk/OVenquiryform.pdf

Danno13
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
First thing I spotted.... "1st floor" is a level higher than "Ground Floor", and still involves stairs.. so you may need to reword that.

CRAZY K
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Hya fellas, I have been working on a PDF printable booking form, this is as an addition to the Enquiry I have on the website.
The reason for having them both is so I can print some of and have available in the car and at gigs to hand out if asked for business card.

Am just looking for your constructive views to weather its OTT, needs something ells included or just generally if it requires any re-wording.

I have tried to be as transparent as possible with it and highlighted what I feel is important for the customer to know in advance so no potential problems down the line.

Thanks in advance :)
http://www.disco-onevision.co.uk/OVenquiryform.pdf

That seems to cover most things--including the Rob James extra fee for working at heights not previously notified--£150 sounds a lot and may discourage people wondering what other high charges might be looming--I would do it Robs way --£50.

I would suggest changing the wording for cancellations under 30 days to YOU WILL be charged the full fee.

CRAZY K

One Vision
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks for pointing that out Danno, just updated :beer1:

That seems to cover most things--including the Rob James extra fee for working at heights not previously notified--£150 sounds a lot and may discourage people wondering what other high charges might be looming--I would do it Robs way --£50.

I would suggest changing the wording for cancellations under 30 days to YOU WILL be charged the full fee.

CRAZY K

Hya Krazy it does say £50 mate :confused:
Yeh I think that clause that Rob came up with is a gooden, even if 2 people arnt required it lets you know prior to the event the setup situation so can take less gear on the day if nobody is available to help :D

What I was going to do in regards to that section would be to include a little more detailed info on the actual contract with, maybe depending on circumstances and is at the discretion of One Vision.

yourdj
07-09-2008, 01:52 AM
I would put estimated no of guests expected.

CRAZY K
07-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Hya Krazy it does say £50 mate :confused:
Yeh I think that clause that Rob came up with is a gooden, even if 2 people arnt required it lets you know prior to the event the setup situation so can take less gear on the day if nobody is available to help :D

OH YES--READING SMALL PRINT TOO QUICKLY !!!!

Very reasonable ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CRAZY K

One Vision
07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Hya mate I already have that inplace just below "Type of occasion" :)

OH YES--READING SMALL PRINT TOO QUICKLY !!!!

Very reasonable ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CRAZY K

Thanks that man :D
I did try to think logically, but with these things you can tend to get carried away or not think of everything :)

rob1963
07-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Karl,

It looks pretty good to me.

I just noticed a few things that I think should be changed.

Firstly, at the top right where you have your name & address, I would add your surname, as people need this to be able to correctly address something to you in the post (or did you remove this for the purpose of posting it on a public forum?).

Secondly, on the venue details, I'd change "Estimated guest to be present" to something like "Estimated number of guests"

Thirdly, in the "What happens next" section at the bottom, I'd change "none refundable" deposit to "non refundable" deposit.

Finally, in the same section you say that in the event of a cancellation less than 30 days before the event you MAY require full payment, which is a bit vague, as there is no mention of the circumstances where you will & in what circumstances you won't.

Hope this helps.

:)

DazzyD
07-09-2008, 03:52 PM
I have to agree with Rob. Especially the bit about the full payment may being payable if cancelled less than 30 days. You should really be getting paid if the customer cancels at short notice. As has been said on here before, being nice and sympathetic is all well and good but it doesn't pay the bills or put food on the table.

Again, just my opinion but you need to think if you can survive by not getting fully paid for confirmed bookings.

CRAZY K
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
I have to agree with Rob. Especially the bit about the full payment may being payable if cancelled less than 30 days. You should really be getting paid if the customer cancels at short notice. As has been said on here before, being nice and sympathetic is all well and good but it doesn't pay the bills or put food on the table.

Again, just my opinion but you need to think if you can survive by not getting fully paid for confirmed bookings.

I agree of course---unless theres some kind of repeat booking--and you trust the customer--

Thats just happened-I knocked a bit off a cancellation fee and promised a discount for a rebooked date--if it was requested.

They came back and booked again-- overall its worked out pretty well financially over the two bookings for me.

But its a difficult one to call and a gamble if you dont really know the customer.

I never never agree to not making a cancellation charge even if there are threats to just book another date in 3 months time.

We are not like plumbers and builders who can juggle their work round.

CRAZY K

Dragonfly
07-09-2008, 04:12 PM

I have never found that question of any use to me ???? just visit new venues and have a look at the room.

Penfold42
07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I have never found that question of any use to me ???? just visit new venues and have a look at the room.

:agree:

One Vision
07-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks Rob for the wording :)

On the situation about the 30 days, its in an above post :D

What I was going to do in regards to that section would be to include a little more detailed info on the actual contract with, maybe depending on circumstances and is at the discretion of One Vision.

theoloyla
08-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I have to say I completely disagree with that. I always ask how many people they expect. I find it useful to know if it is a party for 200 guests or 50. I agree about checking the size of the room too (although it is not always possible).

Mission
08-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I have to say I completely disagree with that. I always ask how many people they expect. I find it useful to know if it is a party for 200 guests or 50. I agree about checking the size of the room too (although it is not always possible).

I also agree with Theo, a large room that can hold 200 people doesn't mean 200 guests are going to be there. I find that knowing the estimated no. of guests can help determine the amount of Amp power and No. of speakers to take. Also the combination of No. of guests and age range can give me an indication of genres of music to play, if not already requested.

rob1963
08-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks Rob for the wording :)

No problem!

:thumbsup:

flatliners
19-11-2008, 02:25 PM
change it from deposit to non refubdable booking fee
becayse didnt someone say on here that a deposit can be claimed back

Corabar Steve
20-11-2008, 06:34 AM
change it from deposit to non refubdable booking fee
becayse didnt someone say on here that a deposit can be claimed back

Do you actually read this forum????

soundtracker
20-11-2008, 07:36 AM
"We do not charge for meetings unless above 10 miles of our premises"

Bit awkward grammatically! Sounds like you're doing it in space!

ppentertainments
20-11-2008, 08:01 AM
"We do not charge for meetings unless above 10 miles of our premises"

Bit awkward grammatically! Sounds like you're doing it in space!

I would also drop the £10 flat fee personnaly. This means you would charge someone 15 miles away the same as someone 100 miles away. I would just say something like 'An additional charge will be applicable for meeting distances in excess of 10 miles' (or words to that effect) and charge accordingly.

I have a meeting in January with a client who lives 120miles away then will have another meeting with them at the venue at a later date which is only 5 miles away. I think this had been my record - but am charging accordingly - ie 120 miles is charged for and the meeting 5 miles away is included in the quote.