PDA

View Full Version : Pre Wedding Consultations

djsteve10
15-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I do alot of these, When you go to meet a couple who are getting married what do you tend to wear?
No matter what i wear a suit and make my appearence look the part as it is business at the end of the day. Just interested to see what you other guys do.

Dragonfly
15-09-2008, 01:53 PM
exactly the same

djsteve10
15-09-2008, 01:59 PM
exactly the same

Well what made me start this thread was a mate of mine has just been around to the house to lend my behringer PA mixer, He said he was off to meet a client and I said to him, "Hope you are going to get changed" and he just looked at me and said "Nah these will do fine".
He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt which was sign written prosound-DJ and I told him that he will loose the booking because of that because 1st impressions count and all that.

Spirits High
15-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I do alot of these, When you go to meet a couple who are getting married what do you tend to wear?
No matter what i wear a suit and make my appearence look the part as it is business at the end of the day. Just interested to see what you other guys do.

I'll wear a shirt and trousers, smart but not OTT ;)

At the meeting I'll also ask for any particular dress code for the function and let them know that when I arrive I'll be in jeans, trainers and a company logo'd polo shirt. But will change into something more appropriate for the event later (which is usually dark trousers and a black shirt with Spirits High Entertainments embroidered on it)

djsteve10
15-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I'll wear a shirt and trousers, smart but not OTT ;)

At the meeting I'll also ask for any particular dress code for the function and let them know that when I arrive I'll be in jeans, trainers and a company logo'd polo shirt. But will change into something more appropriate for the event later (which is usually dark trousers and a black shirt with Spirits High Entertainments embroidered on it)

I do alot of Golf Clubs around Yorkshire and they are very particular on dress code so all my functions that the customer has requested suit or tuxedo I will set up in combat black trousers and a black company embroidered polo t-shirt and once I have finished setting up then I will go and get changed into something much more formal to commence the evenings entertainment.

Steve the DJ
15-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I used to wear trousers, suit and tie but I was chatting to Darren about this approach and he suggested trying what he does, i.e. dress in a more casual manner to help everyone feel more relaxed.

So now I tend to wear just a thong and small plasters over my nipples.

theoloyla
15-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I used to wear trousers, suit and tie but I was chatting to Darren about this approach and he suggested trying what he does, i.e. dress in a more casual manner to help everyone feel more relaxed.

:eek: OMG. What a thought.:)

Dragonfly
15-09-2008, 02:36 PM

I'm crying with laughter here !!! I sooooo wish I was allowed to post "THAT" Borat picture on a family forum :D :D :D :D :D :D

CRAZY K
15-09-2008, 03:04 PM

Naturally I wear a loud check shirt, ten gallon hat and worn out jeans.

Hey---im a Cowboy after all;)

I have certain standards to maintain

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

CRAZY K

djsteve10
15-09-2008, 03:10 PM

That is so funny, What do you do in winter?

Steve the DJ
15-09-2008, 03:36 PM
That is so funny, What do you do in winter?

Shrink...:eek:

djsteve10
15-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Anyway can we get back on topic lads?

Steve the DJ
15-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Anyway can we get back on topic lads?

Yes my apologies... :o

I do wear shirt, trousers and tie for Wedding consultations, I think it is important to project a professional image at all times.

Vectis
15-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Smart-casual, usually. Shirt, kecks & shoes.

No need for a jacket or tie - too stuffy.

Shakermaker Promotions
15-09-2008, 04:04 PM
A suit is way OTT in my opinion. You may be selling yourself but you don't want to come across as the stereotypical salesman, sales rep etc etc...

I go in a shirt and smart jeans with shoes. It's casual but smart at the same time. First impressions DO count unfortunately and I should know that. I have a shaved head, tattoos and piercings but none of the people I meet at my pre-function meetings would have a clue as the piercings are taken out (most of them anyway) and the tattoos are covered up so they don't know any difference.

djsteve10
15-09-2008, 04:10 PM
A suit is way OTT in my opinion. You may be selling yourself but you don't want to come across as the stereotypical salesman, sales rep etc etc...

I go in a shirt and smart jeans with shoes. It's casual but smart at the same time. First impressions DO count unfortunately and I should know that. I have a shaved head, tattoos and piercings but none of the people I meet at my pre-function meetings would have a clue as the piercings are taken out (most of them anyway) and the tattoos are covered up so they don't know any difference.

I don't wear i Tie with any suit at any meeting or function anymore as I feel that it is OTT and also makes me feel uncomfortable and confined. Once I have greeted my clients I do take my jacket off and put it on the back of the chair it is just there to make me look professional and not a cowboy dj turning up in jeans, trainers, & a t-shirt that is from a Stag night or something.

CRAZY K
15-09-2008, 04:22 PM
not a cowboy dj turning up in jeans,

YOU FORGOT THE TEN GALLON HAT--:cowboy:

On a serious note I go smart casual and thats it, definitely no jeans.

Not that I am able to do many of these meetings anyway.

CRAZY K

wensleydale
15-09-2008, 05:52 PM
just shirt and cords/jeans.
i never wear a suit to the actual disco so wouldnt wear one to the pre event meeting.

rob1963
15-09-2008, 06:47 PM
On the occasions when I visit the bride & groom beforehand, I just wear what I normally wear in the day, which is a t shirt & jeans.

It's an informal meeting, so I'd hardly expect the bride to be wearing her wedding dress.....and I'm sure she won't expect ME to be wearing what I'll wear on the night either.

Most couples will have the common sense to know that just because you wear a t shirt & jeans to visit them doesn't mean you'll be dressed the same way at their wedding!

Most couples want to meet me BEFORE deciding whether to book my services, and I haven't yet visited anyone who did not go on to book me...so it's clearly never been a problem.

Excalibur
15-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Most couples want to meet me BEFORE deciding whether to book my services, and I haven't yet visited anyone who did not go on to book me...so it's clearly never been a problem.

Rob, I may sometimes hold differing views from you, but this time I simply don't believe you! :p :p :D :D

rob1963
15-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Rob, I may sometimes hold differing views from you, but this time I simply don't believe you! :p :p :D :D

How dare you!

:p

Excalibur
15-09-2008, 07:20 PM
How dare you!

:p

Because I'd find it hard to believe that any punters who met you would book you, never mind ALL! :eek: :p :p

PropellerHeadCase
15-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm with the majority - casual smart.

Casual enough to allow them to be comfortable in not being "dressed up", smart enough to make a good impression and to show that I am taking their wedding seriously.

Tony Scott
15-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Although about 70% of my gigs are Weddings I do very few Pre wedding meets, most people who want to meet up prefer to come along to a gig.

Roadie and myself always DJ in our Logo'd black shirts and black trousers. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-09-2008, 07:40 PM

:eek: OMG. What a thought.:)

Do you mind!

I might wear it Sunday....;)

djsteve10
15-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Do you mind!

Why are you meeting a client :zip:

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Why are you meeting a client :zip:

Nope, going to a SEDA meeting. ;)

rob1963
15-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Looks like I'm the only one who goes to client meetings in a t shirt & jeans then.

:eek:

nigelwright7557
15-09-2008, 08:20 PM

Pre wedding consulatations are absolutely vital whether you meet the couple of not.

I just talked to the groom on one and when the actaul night came the bride wasnt happy with the arrangements at all !

It is something that needs both parties there so they can agree between themselves what they expect.

The person hiring the disco might want a cheap disco while the otehr person could be expecting more than an IPOD based disco.

Corabar Steve
16-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Well what made me start this thread was a mate of mine has just been around to the house to lend my behringer PA mixer.

BORROW

If it's yours, you lend, he borrows.

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-13531.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) Stay behind after class & write 100 lines.

djsteve10
16-09-2008, 08:44 AM
BORROW

If it's yours, you lend, he borrows.

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-13531.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) Stay behind after class & write 100 lines.

Sorry Sir :( :(
I just don't want you getting the cain out, I have alot on my mind with FDDJ wearing a thong and plasters over his nipples (quivers feels the chills run down his spine)

Steve the DJ
16-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I just don't want you getting the cain out, I have alot on my mind with FDDJ wearing a thong and plasters over his nipples (quivers feels the chills run down his spine)

Apologies for yesterday, I was in a frivolous mood! :D

I have to say though, I think visiting a client in anything less than trousers & shirt (or company polo shirt) is a cardinal sin and just looks unprofessional.

The devil is always in the little details.

djsteve10
16-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Apologies for yesterday, I was in a frivolous mood! :D

I have to say though, I think visiting a client in anything less than trousers & shirt (or company polo shirt) is a cardinal sin and just looks unprofessional.

The devil is always in the little details.

Exactly and if you are offering a professional service then you should make a professional image.

rob1963
16-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I think visiting a client in anything less than trousers & shirt (or company polo shirt) is a cardinal sin and just looks unprofessional.

Looks like I'll be off to confession this afternoon, then!

djsteve10
16-09-2008, 11:48 AM

LOL!
Maybe have a trip to Next ;)

CRAZY K
16-09-2008, 12:06 PM

Just keep those jeans for Barn Dances;)

CRAZY K

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Exactly and if you are offering a professional service then you should make a professional image.

i know i sound like a broken record but you dont need a suit to look professional- i very rarely wear a suit in my day job but still believe i look professional.
suits are becoming a rare commodity these days in business.

djsteve10
16-09-2008, 12:27 PM
i know i sound like a broken record but you dont need a suit to look professional- i very rarely wear a suit in my day job but still believe i look professional.

But it all comes down to what your area of profession is doesn't it.
You don't see a painter painting the walls in a suit.

Steve the DJ
16-09-2008, 01:17 PM

I don't know what business your in but in my experience that couldn't be further from the truth.

The only thing that may have started to be less frequently used is a tie.

One Vision
16-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Just casually dressed and clean shaven

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 01:29 PM
But it all comes down to what your area of profession is doesn't it.
You don't see a painter painting the walls in a suit.

i generally dont see many djs dj in a suit.
just my two penneth

Steve the DJ
16-09-2008, 01:37 PM
i generally dont see many djs dj in a suit.

All the more reason to wear one...

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2008, 02:29 PM
All the more reason to wear one...

Absolutely.

Not mentioned it for a while, but 'Everything matters' :D

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Absolutely.

Not mentioned it for a while, but 'Everything matters' :D

i get that, however its not that i havent thought about this- its more that i have thought about it and chosen not to do it.

i dont believe that its something you can assume people want.

Vectis
16-09-2008, 02:41 PM

I'll go with that.

I ask customers what they want but it's usually bleedin' obvious. Weddings default is suit & tie, black tie optional. General parties default is shirt & trousers, suit/black tie optional. Kids default is black discrete logo'd polo shirt, black kecks & black deck shoes/black trainers.

Very occasionally someone tells us to dress down a bit. Very rarely are we asked to dress up a bit, so I feel we've pitched it right.

Ryu
16-09-2008, 02:42 PM
i get that, however its not that i havent thought about this- its more that i have thought about it and chosen not to do it.

Your right, you can't assume what people want...but you can assume that someone who presents themselves in a suit is likely to command more respect than some guy in T Shirt and Jeans?

There is nothing I like doing more than exceeding customer expectations, I'll be suited and booted and at the very least Shirt and Tied at every gig...Especially if everyone else is more casual, you stand out, look the part and make people take notice...

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 02:48 PM

indeed correct ... however i think personally that if you do dress in a suit tie etc it is highly unlikely in this context that a client would if you like "knock marks off" for you being overly smart , however if they are expecting a suited and booted approach and someone turns up for example in slacks and a polo shirt , the wrong impression might be gained note i say might.

it is about context yes a plumber would look ridiculous in a suit doing his job ....... but that is because the public have an accepted perception of what one looks like.

on the whole djs are very badly thought upon by the public in general , it is our job to change the "accepted" perception probably paisley waistcoat and flashing twirly bow tie :D :D :D . as I say in our context I think a suit and tie approach can only be looked upon favourably by potential hirers.

and

contraversially if i was holding job interviews at my office for a plumber if i ran that sort of company , the one that turned up in a suit for the interview would be looked upon by myself more favourably .

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Your right, you can't assume what people want...but you can assume that someone who presents themselves in a suit is likely to command more respect than some guy in T Shirt and Jeans?

I agree I have two children and am ALWAYS in suit and tie at parents evening. I don't wish my kids teachers to assume I think my childs education is a casual affair.

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 03:18 PM
indeed correct ... however i think personally that if you do dress in a suit tie etc it is highly unlikely in this context that a client would if you like "knock marks off" for you being overly smart , however if they are expecting a suited and booted approach and someone turns up for example in slacks and a polo shirt , the wrong impression might be gained note i say might.

it is about context yes a plumber would look ridiculous in a suit doing his job ....... but that is because the public have an accepted perception of what one looks like.

on the whole djs are very badly thought upon by the public in general , it is our job to change the "accepted" perception probably paisley waistcoat and flashing twirly bow tie :D :D :D . as I say in our context I think a suit and tie approach can only be looked upon favourably by potential hirers.

and

contraversially if i was holding job interviews at my office for a plumber if i ran that sort of company , the one that turned up in a suit for the interview would be looked upon by myself more favourably .

maybe, but i'd rather be judged on the music and my show.
i agree i form part of the show and i am happier when not in a suit and therefore i believe the total package is better.

any clown can buy a suit but the total package is a lot trickier to get right.

rightly or wrongly i've never worn a suit to dj in and i dont think its particularly held me back.

if it put my punters hat on when i see someone in a suit with a shirt and tie i dont think it makes the slightest bit of difference- if they wear one all the time then fine, but i many dj's look "out of place" in an ill fitting suit that they have shoe horned themselves into.

djsteve10
16-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I have had countless comments made to me from hotels and also clients where they have seen the Dj's working in jeans & t-shirts, This where I want to make a difference, Somebodys wedding it is there big day and they have all made the effort to dress up and look their best and as we have been invited to provide entertainment I also think we should go down the same route to look our best.

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I have had countless comments made to me from hotels and also clients where they have seen the Dj's working in jeans & t-shirts, This where I want to make a difference, Somebodys wedding it is there big day and they have all made the effort to dress up and look their best and as we have been invited to provide entertainment I also think we should go down the same route to look our best.

but thats my point- look my best- yes.
wear a suit- not necessarilly.

you can look smart and professional without a suit, and equally i could spend £20 on a suit in asda that doesnt fit and look like a clown.

i get that presentation is key but you cannot adopt a one size fits all approach in business- to say "my opinion is correct" holds businesses down and does not take account of the clients view.

this is one of the key areas why i actively market myself as being different to other mobile discos as i feel very strongly about it, but it doesnt mean for one moment that if a client asks me to wear a suit i wont do it.

client is king and many people forget this.

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 03:31 PM

absolutely , however if we go back to the interview scenario which some pre wedding consultations in effect are .... well for me .... we want to meet you and see if what you are and do is exactly what we want before we make a decision, no music has been played and many interviewers will have formed opinions of candidates before they have even taken their seat.

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 03:36 PM
absolutely , however if we go back to the interview scenario which some pre wedding consultations in effect are .... well for me .... we want to meet you and see if what you are and do is exactly what we want before we make a decision, no music has been played and many interviewers will have formed opinions of candidates before they have even taken their seat.

but again with my punters hat on, i would be wary of someone who turned up to a discussion in a suit- in my opinion this says cheesy dj and thats not what i want to be seen as.

i know others will disagree but thats my view and i am sure the view of some clients out there.

JAMdisco
16-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I know I'm a bit late in on this one but have been hard at work all day (first time for everything I suppose :p )

I generally wear a shirt & tie with black trousers and shoes during the disco - set up in jeans & t-shirt.

For the pre-event meeting I will wear smart jeans, smart clean trainers and a shirt (not tucked in) with the top two buttons undone.

In my experience it has put the clients at ease and we always end up having a bit of a laugh and joke (usually about the Peter Kay type DJ's). After all it is an informal meeting and I try and let my personality come through.

I always ask them what they want me to wear for the disco and the usual reply is just trousers & a shirt will be fine (one even said 'it's up to you, wear what you've got on now') I did wear a shirt and trousers for that one but with no tie.

And I've never had anyone not book me when I've used this approach, yet! :D

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 03:48 PM
but again with my punters hat on, i would be wary of someone who turned up to a discussion in a suit- in my opinion this says cheesy dj and thats not what i want to be seen as.

i know others will disagree but thats my view and i am sure the view of some clients out there.

:confused: :confused: :confused: in the same way as you'd think cheesy lawyer or bank manager?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 03:54 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: in the same way as you'd think cheesy lawyer or bank manager?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

i never go to bank- havent been inside one for several years- do it over the phone or on the internet- they could be naked for all i care as long as they can help me with what i need.

that kind of reinforces my point.

rob1963
16-09-2008, 03:55 PM
This thread seems to have drifted from what we wear to pre-wedding meet ups to what we actually wear at gigs, which in my case couldn't be more different.

theoloyla
16-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Although about 70% of my gigs are Weddings I do very few Pre wedding meets, most people who want to meet up prefer to come along to a gig.

Me too

Do you mind!

SEDA does reserve the right to refuse admission:)

Er its cane not cain.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2008, 04:37 PM

But that has nothing to do with the way you dress.

It doesn't make sense at all.

djsteve10
16-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Me too

SEDA does reserve the right to refuse admission:)

Er its cane not cain.

Sorry it was rather early when I posted that. :p

theoloyla
16-09-2008, 04:41 PM

Agree with you here. I am not sure that a suit and tie is necessarily required but I would certainly expect any business person to arrive for a business meeting looking smart. Its a matter of respect.

rob1963
16-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I would certainly expect any business person to arrive for a business meeting looking smart.

But there's a big difference between a formal business meeting and an informal chat with some prospective disco clients.

I don't think turning up in a t shirt & jeans gives the wrong impression or puts people off as much as some people here seem to think.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating...all my pre-booking visits have been done in a t shirt & jeans...and without fail every couple has gone on to book me.

None have even asked if I will dress the same for the actual disco...so they clearly have the common sense to know the answer to that one.

Vectis
16-09-2008, 05:40 PM
It's not about image it's about manners and respect IMHO but each to his (or her) own :p

Excalibur
16-09-2008, 05:49 PM
maybe, but i'd rather be judged on the music and my show.i agree i form part of the show and i am happier when not in a suit and therefore i believe the total package is better.

Actually it makes perfect sense Darren. Unfortunately for Wensleydale ( with whom I agree on many points) he can't necessarily exhibit his musical and entertainment skills at this point, only his sartorial ones. :(

client is king and many people forget this.

Some of us never do. ;) ;) :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Actually it makes perfect sense Darren. Unfortunately for Wensleydale ( with whom I agree on many points) he can't necessarily exhibit his musical and entertainment skills at this point, only his sartorial ones. :(

I wasn't aware that he was talking about the pre-function meeting, rather the actual function.

You can't compare musical ability and entertainment value to what the dress code is. As I said, it makes no sense at all.

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 06:01 PM
i never go to bank- havent been inside one for several years- do it over the phone or on the internet- they could be naked for all i care as long as they can help me with what i need.

that kind of reinforces my point.

not really :confused: :confused: :confused: as of course it doesn't matter over the phone but if someone had for example hacked your account and the manager asked you to go and see him so it could be sorted ..... unlikely but possible ....... personally i'd be quite miffed if he sat there in his hawaiian shirt safari shorts and flip flops as it wouldn't really say "im taking your problem seriously" to me.

but yes i concede your point if you conduct all of your pre wedding consultations over the phone it makes no difference whatsoever what you wear :confused: :confused: :confused:

theoloyla
16-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Wensleydale is also right to a point that some people can wear a suit and still look scruffy whilst others can wear casual and look smart. Image is a funny thing.

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Wensleydale is also right to a point that some people can wear a suit and still look scruffy whilst others can wear casual and look smart. Image is a funny thing.

indeed but from my experience of such people they are usually ..........just scruffy ......... rather scruffy thats made a bit of an effort than just oh sod it i look scruffy anyway so why bother for me personally.

wensleydale
16-09-2008, 06:18 PM

and thats been my point all along- i would still look like i had made an effort and appear smart.
i would also convey a very professional approach to every other aspect of the business.
without a suit on.

not really :confused: :confused: :confused: as of course it doesn't matter over the phone but if someone had for example hacked your account and the manager asked you to go and see him so it could be sorted ..... unlikely but possible ....... personally i'd be quite miffed if he sat there in his hawaiian shirt safari shorts and flip flops as it wouldn't really say "im taking your problem seriously" to me.

but yes i concede your point if you conduct all of your pre wedding consultations over the phone it makes no difference whatsoever what you wear :confused: :confused: :confused:

i still think you are missing my point. i dont care what someone looks like or is dressed like- iu would be happy for a bank manager to wear speedos for all i care- could he fix it would be my main concern.

I don't know what business your in but in my experience that couldn't be further from the truth.

The only thing that may have started to be less frequently used is a tie.

i work for a top 25 ftse company in manufacturing.
there are very few suits in our office and i could wear jeans and a t shirt most of the time if i wanted.

we dont judge people on their appearance- just on ability to do a job and i think you will find more companies are doing the same.

doesnt mean that i wont stick a suit on when i think its called for though- judgement of the situation is what its all about.

Excalibur
16-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I wasn't aware that he was talking about the pre-function meeting, rather the actual function.

You can't compare musical ability and entertainment value to what the dress code is. As I said, it makes no sense at all.

But neither does it follow that the DJ who turns up in a sharp suit is a good entertainer, and this I think is a point Wensleydale is trying to make.

I'm convinced that there is no right or wrong answer to this subject, but two things are true.
The DJ must be comfortable to perform at his best. If that's a thong and nipple tassels, then so be it! ;) :D Personally I'd prefer a suit, but each to his/her own.

The DJ must be SMARTLY dressed. That covers a wide choice, and while I'm never the nattiest dresser on here, I suspect my most casual attire couls still be classed as "Smart". ;)

Agreed. :D

Penfold42
16-09-2008, 06:54 PM
For meeting a Bride & Groom - Shirt / trousers and tie.

All other customers - shirt and trousers.....make an effort.

:)

Excalibur
16-09-2008, 06:59 PM
All other customers - shirt and trousers.....make an effort.

Is the tie to hold your trousers up? :confused: I prefer a belt. ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2008, 06:59 PM

You're so old fashioned....:p

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 07:02 PM
on this subject i once did a consultation without my leg .......... bride groom and her mum the poor people the floor wasn't even carpeted when their jaws hit it !!! most uncomfortable 30-40 minutes i think ive has post op.

Excalibur
16-09-2008, 07:07 PM

You're so old fashioned....:p

And predictable. :D

on this subject i once did a consultation without my leg .......... bride groom and her mum the poor people the floor wasn't even carpeted when their jaws hit it !!! most uncomfortable 30-40 minutes i think ive has post op.

As I'm currently a member of the bad taste club, I'm intrigued, but daren't ask! :eek:

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 07:13 PM
my new leg was rubbing so i couldnt wear it so had to go on crutches ...... never crossed my mind that someone might be slightly shocked by a one legged dj ..... oops.

Excalibur
16-09-2008, 07:17 PM
my new leg was rubbing so i couldnt wear it so had to go on crutches ...... never crossed my mind that someone might be slightly shocked by a one legged dj ..... oops.

Could you have at least helped by wearing a suit? :confused:

Dragonfly
16-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Could you have at least helped by wearing a suit? :confused:

I was ;) :D :D :D :D

Penfold42
16-09-2008, 07:19 PM

http://www.centennial.k12.mn.us/BHE/Archives/Activities/Pirates/images/oneleg.gif

Vectis
16-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Better a one-legged DJ than a one-armed bandit I suppose :D

theoloyla
17-09-2008, 02:33 PM
http://www.centennial.k12.mn.us/BHE/Archives/Activities/Pirates/images/oneleg.gif

Tony Blackburn was a pirate dj in the 60's and Rob was one in the 80's.:)

rob1963
17-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Tony Blackburn was a pirate dj in the 60's and Rob was one in the 80's.:)

Correct, although I was one on dry land.

Maybe that's why I got caught & he didn't!