PDA

View Full Version : Invoice Software

JAMdisco
16-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I've done a search to no avail...

I currently do my invoices and booking forms on MS Word.
I am looking for a more proffesional touch so was wondering if there is any (preferably FREE) decent invoicing software. What do you use and what are your thoughts?

Other than that I guess I could create a MS Excel template.

A1DL
16-09-2008, 08:49 AM
We use Sage Financial Controller (multi-user licence) for all our back-office financials, great little package - it does virtually everything, although I'm not particularly keen on the fixed asset register, therefore maintain this extenally in excel.

It's not free though.

deltic
16-09-2008, 04:05 PM
take a look at dj booking software by brian canning not free but does the job
i have recently changed to this from the soulman dj booking database and find it much better and easier to use

DazzyD
16-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I created my own invoicing pages as part of the booking system I built using Lotus Approach. I then did a version in Microsoft Access as this is better at financial reporting than Approach.

For Access there are loads of templates that you download from the MS Office site. I've just got the trial version of Office 07 so I'm testing this out but I'm not too sure that I like the ribbon system. Give it a try though and download some of the invoice templates and see if there's anything you like. You get 60 days to try it out so that's two months of invoicing ability totally cost free (apart from time and bandwidth costs!)

lazerdjs
16-09-2008, 05:24 PM
http://www.djbooking.co.uk

jamesh
16-09-2008, 05:31 PM
forget that... have a look at DJ event planner.. www.djeventplanner.com not only will it do your invoicing for you and email it to the client after the event (or when ever you choose to send it through be it 14 days before the event date or 7 days after etc...) but it also manages all your bookings from enquiry right through to job done... It really has saved me a hell of allot of time - now everything from quotes to final prep is done using the system and i can access it from anywhere... and all for just £50 per year... Really is an improvement on DJ Intelligence too

digga
16-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking about moving from part time to full time mobile DJ (just been made redundant from the day job :-(). The website you listed James looks good, but it's US based. Does this have a bearing on the financial side, as it all appears to be in $$dollars$$? i.e. end of year, tax returns etc.

djsteve10
16-09-2008, 09:26 PM
How about looking at hiring a programmer to build your perfect program, I know that's what my mate did and it cost him around £100 and he has the easiest invoice software I have seen.

Creature
16-09-2008, 11:30 PM
soulman dj booking database

Yep I still use that - dunno if hes still around tho as ive not seen him advertising

jamesh
17-09-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm thinking about moving from part time to full time mobile DJ (just been made redundant from the day job :-(). The website you listed James looks good, but it's US based. Does this have a bearing on the financial side, as it all appears to be in $$dollars$$? i.e. end of year, tax returns etc.

Yeah it's American based but there is an option online to select your country which then changes the currency and date format to the one used by the country selected.

The only down side to DJ Event planner is it takes a while to set up and look at as there isn't really too many instruction books or walk throughs for it. But the forum is excellent if you get stuck there's always someone that can answer...

Give it a try see what you think - it's free for the first month to let you evaluate it...

digga
17-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks James. I will sign up for the trial now..... And keep yo posted on the success or failiure of it :)

digga
01-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Just wanted to revive this thread again as I've found some new software for invoicing that is totally free!!

Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2008

This is an amazing piece of software that can completely run the back office of your business. The "express" version is free as this has no provision for stock, only services. The "full" version only cost's £149.99 anyway.

The thing I like about this is that it manages everything from quotes to invoicing, calandar to payroll, vat to tax returns, everything. And it's FREE!!!:beer1:

Here's the link for those that are interested:

http://office.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?AssetID=XT102478401033&Origin=HH102479901033&CTT=5&CTT=5