PDA

View Full Version : Forms

Jiggles
21-09-2008, 07:59 PM
can someone look over the PDF attaches and see if its ok. Thanks Tony for letting me use his T&Cs :D Just need someone to check over for Spelling and grammer :D

www.cbentertainments.co.uk/discoform.pdf

One Vision
21-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Hya CB looks good, only point though would be to make the text smaller, maybe 10 -13pt

groovy-nights
21-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I would loose the bit about soft drinks being provided.

rob1963
21-09-2008, 11:36 PM
can someone look over the PDF attaches and see if its ok. Thanks Tony for letting me use his T&Cs :D Just need someone to check over for Spelling and grammer :D

Hi Callum,

The "booking agreement and terms and conditions" form has a few errors.

The text at the very top right needs changing from A.S.AP. to A.S.A.P.

You have a field for "venue" & one for "venue details" which isn't as clear as it could be. I'd have it all together with the heading "Venue name & address" or alternatively if you want to keep it as two fields, then have something like "Venue name" and "Venue address"

Also, where it says "ask us additional questions , then do so here" the gap needs removing between the word questions & the comma after it.

At the bottom, "By signing is you agree to our terms & conditions (Enclosed)" has two errors. "By signing is..." should be "By signing it..." and (Enclosed) should be (enclosed).

Finally, "returned to us with in 7 days..." should be "returned to us within 7 days"

Hope this helps.

:)

theoloyla
22-09-2008, 02:10 PM
It is quite good apart from the spelling and grammatical mistakes most of which Rob has highlighted and in the event of a dispute it would help you to prove your case but it is not a legal contract in the usual sense in English law.

Jiggles
22-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Ok hows is it now :) www.cbentertainments.co.uk/discoform.pdf

One Vision
22-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I still think the text could be smaller, you'd possibly get all on a single page

soundtracker
22-09-2008, 04:02 PM

G R A M M A R

rob1963
22-09-2008, 04:38 PM
"and must be returned to us within 7 days" needs changing to something like "and it must be returned to us within 7 days

Jiggles
22-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I still think the text could be smaller, you'd possibly get all on a single page

Its is small already! Its at 11pts!

G R A M M A R

Yeh Yeh :p

"and must be returned to us within 7 days" needs changing to something like "and it must be returned to us within 7 days

Ok dokie. :D

Penfold42
22-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Tony for letting me use his T&Cs :D

No problem.....:o

Although since them 3 amendments have taken place....:o

rob1963
22-09-2008, 07:15 PM
No problem.....:o

Although since them 3 amendments have taken place....:o

Hopefully the removal of the demand for soft drinks for the DJ & their assistant was one of the amendments!

:p

Penfold42
22-09-2008, 07:17 PM
:lol:

Jiggles
22-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Its as bad ask keeping up with the Jones'! No not Steve! :D

I had that condition on my old one lol

ppentertainments
22-09-2008, 08:07 PM
A cheeky request IMO. I know soft drinks can be expensive but take your own. I always mention to the venue I have my own drinks and have never had any complaints - in fact some have told me to get them from the bar for free.

The only time I ask for anything like this is food at New Year as it can be a VERY long night.

rob1963
22-09-2008, 08:11 PM
A cheeky request IMO. I know soft drinks can be expensive but take your own.

That's what I do...I take a 2 litre bottle of water (which I fill from the tap & chill in the fridge) and a plastic cup which I re-use each time.

Total cost...nothing.

Sorted!

:D

groovy-nights
22-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Nope its still there.

Jiggles
22-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Im not getting rid of it. People have never been too bothered by it. Had that T&C since i started and no one has complained.

groovy-nights
22-09-2008, 09:25 PM
And do you inforce this demand.I find it rude what other job do you no of were people demand free drink.And that is what you are doing demanding.Maybe change it to soft drink would be welcomed.

Shaun
22-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Maybe change it to soft drink would be welcomed.

I agree.

Im not getting rid of it. People have never been too bothered by it. Had that T&C since i started and no one has complained.

If I booked someone that had that clause in their T&C's, I wouldn't complain to them....but I would feel it was a strange thing to add, and a little bit cheeky of them. No offence intended Callum.

rob1963
22-09-2008, 10:49 PM
And do you inforce this demand.

just what I was wondering.

Presumably you go up to the bride & say "Hi, I'm your DJ. I'm ready for the first of my free drinks now, thanks"

:shrug:

theoloyla
30-09-2008, 06:17 PM
SEDA contract says that "the disc jockey andhis/her assistant(s) shall not be expected to be 'on stage' for more than four hours at a time without refreshments." Sometimes people take it to mean they should provide said refreshments - and I dont discourage them! But only big stars have riders stipulating that they are to be provided.

rob1963
30-09-2008, 11:33 PM
SEDA contract says that "the disc jockey andhis/her assistant(s) shall not be expected to be 'on stage' for more than four hours at a time without refreshments." Sometimes people take it to mean they should provide said refreshments - and I dont discourage them! But only big stars have riders stipulating that they are to be provided.

If a DJ wants to ensure they go no longer than 4 hours without refreshements, all they have to do is take their own with them like I do (a 2 litre bottle of water which I fill from my tap & chill in the fridge) or go to the bar & buy them there.

Terms & conditions are often complicated enough, and in my opinion something like this is very cheeky & should not be part of any terms & conditions at all.

I wonder how many people with this in their T&C would turn the music off after 4 hours if nobody has brought them any food or drink?

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Terms & conditions are often complicated enough, and in my opinion something like this is very cheeky & should not be part of any terms & conditions at all.

Have you ever seen a ryder for a band before. Or a contract for a toastmaster? What makes a DJ any different?

rob1963
30-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Have you ever seen a ryder for a band before.

No.

Or a contract for a toastmaster?

No again.

What makes a DJ any different?

I don't know about bands or toastmasters, but as I've already said, I just think a DJ demanding food and/or drink in their terms & conditions is very cheeky.

If others want to do it, that's up to them...but I for one would feel VERY uncomfortable & awkward going up to a client & saying "Hi. I'm your DJ, and I'm ready for the first of my free drinks as stated in my terms & conditions"

Corabar Steve
01-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Have you ever seen a ryder for a band before. Or a contract for a toastmaster? What makes a DJ any different?

No, but I've seen a rider for a band & partaken of some of them myself

soundtracker
01-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Why does the phrase "He could start an argument in an empty room" keep coming to mind?

discomobiledj
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I would actually remove the logo that you have as it makes the text not very readable, especially on the terms and conditions page where the text changes.

If it's a double sided T & C's then just have the logo at the top and leave the rest blank.

I would have more space for people to write in though.

rob1963
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Why does the phrase "He could start an argument in an empty room" keep coming to mind?

Soundtracker, although you didn't use any quotes, I have a feeling that might have been aimed at me, in which case I'd like to tell you something.

I do more NON-argumentitive posts than anyone else on this forum.

Like it or not, it's a fact.

Vectis
01-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Soundtracker, although you didn't use any quotes, I have a feeling that might have been aimed at me, in which case I'd like to tell you something.

Like it or not, it's a fact.

Shame 90% of them are in 'Musical Word Association' and 'Word Association' though huh Rob? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just kidding... :p :p

theoloyla
01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
If a DJ wants to ensure they go no longer than 4 hours without refreshements, all they have to do is take their own with them like I do (a 2 litre bottle of water which I fill from my tap & chill in the fridge) or go to the bar & buy them there.

I wonder how many people with this in their T&C would turn the music off after 4 hours if nobody has brought them any food or drink?
The SEDA clause recognises that. It doesnt say that the management should supply the refreshment it just says that you should not expect a dj to go for more than 4 hours without refreshment (whether its in your plastic bottle or bought from the bar or supplied by a punter to you). I have worked at gigs where the management do not allow the dj to have drinks on stage or in the dj booth or whatever.

rob1963
01-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Shame 90% of them are in 'Musical Word Association' and 'Word Association' though huh Rob? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just kidding... :p :p

90%?

32.16% actually!

(And before anyone moans about me passing off a guess as a fact, that figure IS a fact!)

:D :D :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM

How do you work that out then? Is it based on post count? :confused:

rob1963
01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
How do you work that out then? Is it based on post count? :confused:

Yes...It is based on the actual numbers......just like YOUR recent statement that I do more argumentative posts than anyone else was based on numbers (rather than percentages).

My point is that the numbers on their own are meaningless if you don't look at the actual percentages.

For example, if a country has 5 million people unemployed, you could say that's a lot. If the country has a population of 10 million, it IS a lot, as it's 50%. However, if the country has a population of 250 million, it's only 2%, which is not very many.

JAMdisco
01-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes...It is based on the actual numbers......just like YOUR recent statement that I do more argumentative posts than anyone else was based on numbers (rather than percentages).

My point is that the numbers on their own are meaningless if you don't look at the actual percentages.

For example, if a country has 5 million people unemployed, you could say that's a lot. If the country has a population of 10 million, it IS a lot, as it's 50%. However, if the country has a population of 250 million, it's only 2%, which is not very many.

Sorry Rob but however you look at it, 5 million IS a lot. :D :p :D

rob1963
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry Rob but however you look at it, 5 million IS a lot. :D :p :D

Rubbish! :p

soundtracker
01-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Statistics,statistics and **** lies!

rob1963
01-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Statistics,statistics and **** lies!

The truth hurts, eh Soundtracker?

soundtracker
01-10-2008, 05:32 PM
The truth might!

rob1963
01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
The truth might!

:rofl:

discomobiledj
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
:offtopic:

Always wanted to do that!

rob1963
01-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Whoaaaaa...we have a new mod...COOL!

Corabar Steve
02-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Yeah, it's hard to argue in word association & posts that consist entirely of smilies.

The fact remains that the only real reason for this is that you post more than anyone else on the forum (& I have checked the figures for that) The only reason that you don't have as many posts as Darren or me is the fact you've only been here half as long.

Logic follows that by that token you will have more non argumentative posts, however it also follows (especially as there is proof of there being posts where you argumentative, whether you insist you're not being or not) that by the sheer volume of your posts you probably also post the most argumentative posts too

Vectis
02-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Is this the 5-minute argumentative thread analysis thread, or the full half-hour? :o

Corabar Steve
02-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Shut up big nose!

Corabar Steve
02-10-2008, 07:28 AM
:sj:

rob1963
02-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah, it's hard to argue in word association & posts that consist entirely of smilies.

True, but we both know they only make up the small minority of my posts.

Also, if I really WAS so argumentitive, why would I post in threads where I CAN'T be argumentitive? That doesn't make sense.

The fact remains that the only real reason for this is that you post more than anyone else on the forum (& I have checked the figures for that).

Absolutely correct (I've checked the figures as well!).

The only reason that you don't have as many posts as Darren or me is the fact you've only been here half as long.

Correct again.

by the sheer volume of your posts you probably also post the most argumentative posts too

On the actual NUMBERS, yes...but the numbers are meaningless unless you look at the actual PERCENTAGES, as I recently explained in another post.

The fact remains that for every post where I disagree with someone, there are many more where I DON'T!

Also, If everyone ELSE always posted what they honestly thought...whether positive OR negative, this forum would be even MORE valuable than it already is.

discomobiledj
02-10-2008, 02:34 PM
:offtopic: :offtopic:

I like this!

rob1963
02-10-2008, 03:20 PM
:offtopic: :offtopic:

I like this!

So...are you settling in well to your new role as a moderator?

Corabar Steve
03-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Also, if I really WAS so argumentitive, why would I post in threads where I CAN'T be argumentitive? That doesn't make sense.It does when you realise that you are a post adict.http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/happy/yltype.gif

The fact remains that for every post where I disagree with someone, there are many more where I DON'T! You're doing it now. :sj:

rob1963
03-10-2008, 09:37 AM
It does when you realise that you are a post adict.http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/happy/yltype.gif

You're doing it now. :sj:

You don't know WHAT I'm doing now...as you're not here!

Vectis
03-10-2008, 11:02 AM

I dread to think... :eek:

rob1963
03-10-2008, 07:48 PM
It does when you realise that you are a post adict.http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/happy/yltype.gif

I'm not a post addict...I'm just an MDD forum addict in general.

I've learned a lot here, and my business is better because of that.

Jiggles
03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Look at what you have turned my thread into! A Rob bashing room!

rob1963
03-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Look at what you have turned my thread into! A Rob bashing room!

I know Callum...it's a disgrace!

Let them have their fun!

Corabar Steve
04-10-2008, 09:00 AM

:pOK SMARTARSE, you're doing it in post #47
http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1763.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1769.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)(for Rob's benefit there are pokey out tongue devil & a kissy kissy devil smilies there)

I know Callum...it's a disgrace!

Let them have their fun!
There really is no fun to be had in pointing out a fact.

rob1963
04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
OK SMARTARSE, you're doing it in post #47
http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1763.gif (http://planetsmilies.net) http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1769.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)(for Rob's benefit there are pokey out tongue devil & a kissy kissy devil smilies there)

If you mean disagreeing with someone, then yes I was.

I've never said I DON'T disagree with people though!

There really is no fun to be had in pointing out a fact.

It seems there is for SOME people! ;)

Jiggles
06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
After looking through it again guess what i have forgotten...

The god d@mn date of the function line! ARGH! :doh:

rob1963
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
D'oh!