PDA

View Full Version : website for review

Jay
24-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Threw maself a website up the other week one afternoon and would be good to get a bit of feedback on it.

As I said it took me one afternoon using web plus so theres probally loads of grammer mistakes to iron out but all critism is welcome.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2008, 10:03 AM
The first two pictures in the gallery need replacing as they aren't very good quality and a bit of a waste of time IMO.

On the 'Get a quote' page, quote is spelled incorrectly.

On the about us page, guarantee is spelled incorrectly.

The other thing is that it doesn't really say too much about you and what you do.

Jay
24-09-2008, 10:05 AM
your right, right, right and right.

Like I said, it took me an afternoon to get that far and there is loads more I want to put on it, its just getting the time to do it.

One Vision
24-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Threw maself a website up the other week one afternoon and would be good to get a bit of feedback on it.

As I said it took me one afternoon using web plus so theres probally loads of grammer mistakes to iron out but all critism is welcome.

Hya mate am not trying to upset here but that's exactly what it looks like (Threw maself a website up the other week one afternoon).
You may well find that you get very little or no success from it :(

rob1963
24-09-2008, 11:22 AM
The first two pictures in the gallery need replacing as they aren't very good quality and a bit of a waste of time IMO.

On the 'Get a quote' page, quote is spelled incorrectly.

On the about us page, guarantee is spelled incorrectly.

The other thing is that it doesn't really say too much about you and what you do.

Agreed.

In addition, I think the fourth picture in the gallery is way too dark. I'd either lighten it with some software or replace it.

On the navigation bar along the top, I'd move the "About us" link so it was between the "Home" & "Gallery" links, rather than on the far right.

On the "About us" page, I'd remove the phone number & email addresses, and also change the font at the bottom to the same one used further up.

Finally, I'd change the "Get a quote" page to a "Contact" page, and include an email link, phone number(s) (including landline if possible) and a multi-purpose enquiry form with fields for the person's name, email address & enquiry. This would be more flexible as it could also be used for simple (but common) enquiries such as "Are you available on xxx?"

Hope this helps.

:)

Jay
24-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Course it helps, and the reason I didn't go all out and spend all loads of time on it was for the reason that it will have loads of mistakes and I would rather start with little and build it up properly.

So thanks for all your advice :beer1: :beer1:

rob1963
24-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Hya mate am not trying to upset here but that's exactly what it looks like (Threw maself a website up the other week one afternoon).
You may well find that you get very little or no success from it :(

Karl,

Presumbaly that's why he's asking for our advice on how it could be improved.

Jay
24-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by KARL-D
You may well find that you get very little or no success from it

Karl,

exactly, gotta start somewere:)

One Vision
24-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Karl,

Apologies if I got it wrong, but I just read in to the original post that he had thrown a site together within an afternoon and was looking for feedback on the results, as the original post doesn't state or give the impression that its still under build.

rob1963
24-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Apologies if I got it wrong, but I just read in to the original post that he had thrown a site together within an afternoon and was looking for feedback on the results, as the original post doesn't state or give the impression that its still under build.

Karl,

The point I'm making is that regardless of how long it initially took, he obviously wants opinions on how it can be improved, or he wouldn't have started a thread asking for peoples help, suggestions & advice.

501damian501
24-09-2008, 09:52 PM
any pictures on any website, should be perfect crisp quality, also get it proof readed after and maybe have the text not too small but not to big, also having active hyperlinks is a good bonus, as i can see your email addresses are not hyperlinked, cheers damian