PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Childrens Party

UltraBeat Entertainment
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm surprised this topic hasn't come up before so thought i better start it off:D so here goes...

It's that spooky season again where those ghosts and goals come out for the night. so i was wondering what fun games and activitys do you do with the children to celebrate this event?

I've not put much thought into this yet but so far I've got:
Fancy Dress (Best Dressed Comp)
The mummy game
Usual games with Halloween music (with a new themed name)
Sleeping Lions (sleeping monsters)
May try that old game whats the time Mr Wolf if we get any older children

What else can you think of to make it a spooky evening for the kids?

JAMdisco
07-10-2008, 07:20 PM
How about you dress up in the Michael Myers boiler suit and mask and just stand there with a (fake) knife haha.

One of my friends once went as this guy and it was really freaky!

On a serious note, I'm doing a Haloween childrens party for 8 years and up so I'll be keeping tabs on this thread.

Vectis
07-10-2008, 08:47 PM
My Hallowe'en gigs are at a playbarn this year so there's no need to provide games.

I still go way OTT though with the rig - I use the Phil Bearman Hallowe'en visuals projected onto walls (very cool), lots of UV, UV bubbles, SHEDLOADS of smoke including a rare outing for Mr Kool and slow-scanning heads & creepy tunes. We usually kick off with the full MJ Thriller video just to set the scene :p

Dragonfly
07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
We usually kick off with the full MJ Thriller video just to set the scene :p

one of the funniest things ive seen a dj do was play this and on the bit where he chases the girl from the carpark through the woods (i think) ?? cut the proper soundtrack and played the benny hill theme ........ after more than a few pints it tickled me greatly.

Vectis
07-10-2008, 08:52 PM
one of the funniest things ive seen a dj do was play this and on the bit where he chases the girl from the carpark through the woods (i think) ?? cut the proper soundtrack and played the benny hill theme ........ after more than a few pints it tickled me greatly.

Cool :p If I wasn't playing to 8-year-olds I'd try that :cool:

UltraBeat Entertainment
08-10-2008, 08:05 AM
How about you dress up in the Michael Myers boiler suit and mask and just stand there with a (fake) knife haha.

One of my friends once went as this guy and it was really freaky!

I am planning to dress up but probably nothing that scary as there will be loads of young ones. so more of a sedate Halloween for me:).

For some reason i hadn't thought about UV lighting but i doubt I'll be aloud to use smoke due to it being set in a restaurant.

DazzyD
11-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I've spent the last few weeks without shaving as I'm aiming for the werewolf look. It's getting there but I'm not sure if only three left will be enough! Wor lass said that I "looked like a scruff" so the effect must be coming along nicely, though!

As for party games, the venue I do arrange their own games such as Spooky Corners, lots of games using balloons and other bits and pieces. I just provide the music and creepy sound effects and hit the start/stop button a fair few times! I've loads of halloween sfx and compilations with tracks such as Thriller, Monster Mash, Ghostbusters, Amityville (House On The Hill) etc all getting their annual run-out.

Halloween is my second-favourite time of year - after Christmas, of course! :)

idisco
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Ive got an inflatable frankinstien that lights up. You can pick up one of these for a fiver and everyone seems amazed by them esspecially kids.

UltraBeat Entertainment
13-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Halloween is my second-favourite time of year - after Christmas, of course! :)

Me Too! Love the whole Halloween thing.

Always go out my way to do something for it. (Haven't sorted this year yet).

I will be looking for my costume as of today as it's better to get it earlier as they always sell out.

The_Blue_Dragon
15-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Anyone have any tips on doing a good thunder and lightening effect?

Ive got 2 halloween bookings sofar

Danno13
15-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Get the mastermix hallowe'en CD.. that has quite a few sound effects on it.

The_Blue_Dragon
15-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Ive got that but whats the best way to do a lightning flash? is it just by using a strobe?

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I would say so.

The_Blue_Dragon
15-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Ok hows about Dry Ice? anyone ever used it to create a mist over the floor?

Jiggles
15-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Its a nightmare to keep. H&S and all that.

The_Blue_Dragon
15-10-2008, 11:18 PM
But for a one off what would you need to do? would it be safe if we put a cage over it? If so how would it work? do you just drop a couple of cubes/pellets into water?

Jiggles
15-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I saw the H&S stuff on it and went no further! So I don't know.

UltraBeat Entertainment
16-10-2008, 07:52 AM
For lightning effects i would use one or 2 medium powered strobes facing at the ceiling/ facing along the ceiling.

As far as Dry ice it's just not worth the trouble for 1 or 2 shows. I've heard there are many cheaper alternatives such as placing a bowl of ice cubes under a smoke machines nozzle but i honestly can't see this working very well.

personally i think just a normal smoke machine will be just as good for a Halloween show.

The_Blue_Dragon
16-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Ive been given the go ahead by work to try Dry Ice, but I just need to find where to get some. Any ideas?

Im going to a theatre tonight to ask them but if they dont have any, any ideas

djsteve10
17-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Ok hows about Dry Ice? anyone ever used it to create a mist over the floor?

Why not have a look at one of your local hire companys and see if you can get a low level fogger.

501damian501
18-10-2008, 02:33 AM
hope you have an epilepsy notice for the strobe ?

DazzyD
18-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I used to do a courier run which included a client which supplied bags of dry ice to industrial clients. That stuff is dangerous! I used to have to wear special protective gloves as the bags were that cold they could cause bad burns to skin. Give me high-grade haze fluid any day!

501damian501
19-10-2008, 12:18 AM
just use a fogger, to create a mist over the dance floor and some fans to direct it, am not sure if this will work, havent tryed it myself cheers damian

p.s Dry ice evaporates in large quantities of carbon dioxide gas, which could displace oxygen containing air and pose a danger of asphyxiation. that says it all to be honest

maybe a safer option and try this ? http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR196304 , just a fog machine with a ice bucket lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2008, 01:10 AM
just use a fogger, to create a mist over the dance floor and some fans to direct it, am not sure if this will work, havent tryed it myself cheers damian

p.s Dry ice evaporates in large quantities of carbon dioxide gas, which could displace oxygen containing air and pose a danger of asphyxiation. that says it all to be honest

maybe a safer option and try this ? http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR196304 , just a fog machine with a ice bucket lol

Waste of time.

Fine if there's no movement in the air, but as soon as someone walks through it, the effect is lost.

501damian501
19-10-2008, 01:14 AM
i,ll leave you to it then, am out of ideas, just get some dry ice pellets and some water in the corner and BOSH, i never told you this, i would think to get hold of dry ice you would need some sort of license unless you would want to make it your self

The_Blue_Dragon
20-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Its finding somewhere to get the dry ice from, Ive found somewhere with is about £30 for 10kg which apparently will last about 15min so not worth it

501damian501
20-10-2008, 05:21 PM
probley make it cheaper yourself

The_Blue_Dragon
20-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Well I dont have the cash or the resources for for getting it

UltraBeat Entertainment
21-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Is it really worth all of this hassle for a effect thats going to last a few minutes?

Stick to the fogger or haze:)

UltraBeat Entertainment
28-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Halloween Children's Party.

Just thinking what music to play (and i know there's a thread kind of like this in the music section) as its a children's party need to make sure it suitable.
So far I've got:

Cartoons - Witch Doctor
Will Smith - Men In Black
Ghostbusters
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Purple People Eater
Time Warp
Monster Mash

Any Halloween songs I've forgotten to add?

UltraBeat Entertainment
30-10-2008, 08:10 AM
With the big event tomorrow what spooky children's games have you got planned. I'm still looking for a few games and competitions to fill abit more time.