PDA

View Full Version : LEDJ Colour Burst - DMX

Shakermaker Promotions
24-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I've just purchased 4 of these little units and they look great. Before anyone directs me elsewhere to the pinned 'DJ's guide to DMXing' - I have looked at that already and can't seem to work it out so I'm asking here.

Has anyone else got any of these?
How do I programme the 4 of them up on the Dip switches so that they all change colour at the same time?
The manual is very basic.
I know if I have them all on (for example) Dip 1, they will all stay red, all on Dip 2, they stay blue, all on Dip 3, they stay Blue. You can also mix them up to make other colours. What I want to do with them is have them on all on the same colour but to change every now and then from Red to Blue to Green to Red etc..

This will be handy if I use them for bands and also for uplighting too.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
G

Shakermaker Promotions
26-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Don't worry guys, sussed it out!

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Don't worry guys, sussed it out!

For reference, maybe you could post up how you did it Gary?

Shakermaker Promotions
26-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh yeh, of course mate.
Master on Dip Switch 1 and the rest on Dip Switches 1 and 10.
They all change colour at the same time then.

Oh, and very bright for £35.00 each!

Thames Valley Discos
26-10-2008, 11:42 AM
have you got a pic of units set up.
think i found some
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6dJYUcVz7I

Shakermaker Promotions
26-10-2008, 11:54 AM
That's the ones.
The only problem with these (and it's not technical or performance related at all), is that they come with very short leads and plugs on the end so the first thing to do is put IEC connectors on the end. I always find this too 'fiddly' so my sparky mate is going to put them all on for me in the week. I want to use them as uplighters mainly and for bands for gigs. I'll probably get another 4 of them after christmas.