PDA

View Full Version : Website Update

UltraBeat Entertainment
28-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Over the last few weeks I've been slowly upgrading and expanding my website. Now my site includes an interactive Gallery and new pages added for Christmas and children's party's along with most pages being rewritten or changed in some way.

Now all the hard works been done i want you to tell me what you think.

www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk (http://www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk)

Over to you...

discomobiledj
28-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Nice use of colours, not too wordy which is good and bad. No sitemap though - you can download one from www.xml-sitemaps.com and just upload it to the server. This will help your ranking for google.

Pictures are a good size so they do not slow your site down. Any chance of getting rid of the Vistaprint logo at the bottom?

UltraBeat Entertainment
29-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Personally i don't see the point in sitemaps as all the links are on the homepage so i find them abit useless.

I tried to cut down on the amount of text on my site as it made it look to blocky and may put users off reading my site. So I'm hoping less is more.

Pictures have been put into break down the text and create focal points.

Sadly not. The Vistaprint logo is part of the contract of hosting the site but I'm not to bothered as they have done me well so far.

Marc J
29-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Sitemaps are good from an SEO point of view. You can even create a Google account for yourself and go into Google Webmaster tools, and submit your sitemap there.

They don't promise it'll do anything for your rankings, but it does give them an idea of the pages in your site in a format they like, without having to actually find them by crawling (of course, they still have to crawl for the content). That's the idea, anyway...