PDA

View Full Version : Big Finale

ppentertainments
04-11-2008, 09:22 PM
I am looking for ideas on how to finish off my childrens parties 'with a bang'. I am getting a lot of repeat bookings at the moment and looking for ideas on how to finish on a high.

Any ideas you are willing to share ??

Jiggles
04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Confetti Canons :D A BANG all right.

ppentertainments
04-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Confetti Canons :D A BANG all right.
A BANG and probably a BAN from the venue however :D :D

Tom
04-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Don't forget the broom to sweep up all that confetti. lol.

Vectis
04-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I always finish on "the daftest request of the night".

Call out for it during the party and make a bit of a contest out of it... see who can come up with the daftest request.

Get 'em all on the floor, including any adults hanging around, stick all the lights on and go for it :D

UltraBeat Entertainment
05-11-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't tend to do much at the end.

I usually finish off with the mummy game then do 1 or 2 action songs and on the last song fire up both of the bubble machines and all the light effects and the children usually go mad but would like something with a WOW factor.

Be interesting to see what everyone else does. I'm open to idea's:D

axeman
05-11-2008, 08:51 AM
i always keep the hokey cokey till the end, always good high energy fun it works for me !

discomobiledj
05-11-2008, 09:19 AM
At the moment, anything from High School Musical 3!

soundtracker
05-11-2008, 09:24 AM
i always keep the hokey cokey till the end, always good high energy fun it works for me !

Yeh!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Not just me then!:D

Corabar Entertainment
05-11-2008, 09:29 AM
It all depends how you work really, but when we do kids parties we usually have two of us out (someone DJing and someone out on the floor with the kids) and we often finish with Conga, and lead the Conga into a circle at the end of the song, then straight into Hokey Cokey. Try to get as many adults as possible included as well (many are there picking up the kids by that time).... works for us!

ppentertainments
05-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Thank for suggestions so far - keep them coming.

I do often use the hokey cokey and yes it works, but just looking for something 'different'. The main reason as mentioned is I am getting a lot of repeat bookings from families and organisations and would like to vary a bit.

Regards to the conga - I use this just before the buffet. Get the birthday person (if applicable) to lead the conga and finish them at the buffet table. All kids are now in a nice neat line - like being at school :D

soundtracker
05-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Thank for suggestions so far - keep them coming.

I do often use the hokey cokey and yes it works, but just looking for something 'different'. The main reason as mentioned is I am getting a lot of repeat bookings from families and organisations and would like to vary a bit.

Regards to the conga - I use this just before the buffet. Get the birthday person (if applicable) to lead the conga and finish them at the buffet table. All kids are now in a nice neat line - like being at school :D

How do you control where a conga goes, or ends up?:confused:

ppentertainments
05-11-2008, 10:48 AM
How do you control where a conga goes, or ends up?:confused:

There are always an assistant with me who 'runs about like a headless chicken' to direct the line and also I ask for parents who are there to help guide the line, open doors etc. Also if they are old enough to understand I will talk to the person leading the line and tell them what route to take.

It really is simple to do :D

Mayhem 1
05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Oi Oi "Whistle Man"

Sounds like you have got things sussed!!!

Great to chat with you on the phone today mate.

ppentertainments
05-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Oi Oi "Whistle Man"

Sounds like you have got things sussed!!!

Great to chat with you on the phone today mate.

Much appreciated Mr Mayhem. Great to hear from you again. :beer1:

Mayhem 1
05-11-2008, 02:37 PM
No Probs mate,

Always willing to help a fellow entertaing type person