PDA

View Full Version : I have been AVG d

CRAZY K
12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Not been on the net for 24 hours--the REASON IS SO BIZARRE :bang:

Because my PC has been a bit slow spoke to my Computer man for any ideas.

Apart from some routine things he said upgrade your AVG 7.5 to version 8, we are talking protecting my PC from viruses ( I thought)

Immediately after the download I could not get my ISP to link with my PC--error message suggesting the config on my PC was wrong---how does that work--3 years never a single problem --suddenly problem.

Tried various reistallations of modem and in the end gave up and phoned Talk talk.

Get this--

Apparently the new AVG version 8 immediately identifies a completely harmless file as a virus and deletes it:eek:

Possible side effects are inability to open Windows and in my case impossible to connect to my ISP.

My advice is go carefully!

CRAZY K

rob1963
12-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Not been on the net for 24 hours--the REASON IS SO BIZARRE :bang:

Because my PC has been a bit slow spoke to my Computer man for any ideas.

Apart from some routine things he said upgrade your AVG 7.5 to version 8, we are talking protecting my PC from viruses ( I thought)

Immediately after the download I could not get my ISP to link with my PC--error message suggesting the config on my PC was wrong---how does that work--3 years never a single problem --suddenly problem.

Tried various reistallations of modem and in the end gave up and phoned Talk talk.

Get this--

Apparently the new AVG version 8 immediately identifies a completely harmless file as a virus and deletes it:eek:

Possible side effects are inability to open Windows and in my case impossible to connect to my ISP.

My advice is go carefully!

CRAZY K

I've just checked, and discovered I'm on the new version 8.

:jawdrop:

Jiggles
12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
HAHA I use Avast. Been good so far. It speaks to you :D

DJWilson
12-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I got AVG just under a year ago and its 7.5 so im ok :) thanks for warning.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-11-2008, 06:19 PM
I've been using 8 since it upgraded without any problems, so let's not panic people please.

Dynamic Entertainment
12-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Ive had 8 on for nearly 12 months and no problems...however i was told by a guy from our IT dept not to use AVG with Vista (but then again what can you use with Vista)

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I've been using 8 since it upgraded without any problems with Vista, so let's not panic people please. :D

CRAZY K
12-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I've been using 8 since it upgraded without any problems with Vista, so let's not panic people please. :D

Heres the link to the AVG site below---im on Windows XP

http://http://www.avg.com/faq.num-1575#faq_1575

Scroll down a bit and be afraid :D :D :D

It appears im unlucky on this one---

CRAZY K

Excalibur
12-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I've been using 8 since it upgraded without any problems, so let's not panic people please.

Me too, I'd recommend AVG to anyone. ( Except Alan). :D

Wayno
12-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I downloaded 8 last night after i got spiked took an hour to find the settings to allow the pute to connect to my ISP but got there in the end - however computer is still doing funny things and emails that are not spam are being marked and filed as such and i have not been able to find out where the greenlist is as yet! arghhhhhhh

nigelwright7557
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Get this--

AVG has been doing that for years.
It has deleted DOS files for years now.

I wont touch AVG, I use Avast which is free for the home version.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-11-2008, 11:13 AM
AVG has been doing that for years.
It has deleted DOS files for years now.

I wont touch AVG, I use Avast which is free for the home version.

As is AVG.

Corabar Steve
13-11-2008, 11:24 AM
What is AVG?