PDA

View Full Version : searching but not finding

wynnielafreak
13-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Hello
Ive been djing a while now using virtual DJ and now have thousands of karaoke tracks on an external hard drive, however when I search for tracks most of them dont show as a karaoke file just an MP3 file ????
I've added the folders to the DB search and ticked the file path and show karaoke boxes.
When opening the files all the tracks seem to be in mp3 format and duplicated in cgd format with a few in wma format.
PLEASE HELP... I have my first gig tommorow in manchester and am bricking it.

Penfold42
13-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Hello.....

If you have a few minutes please read this
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Forum members like to get to know new folk first sometimes....:)

Danno13
13-11-2008, 09:15 PM
You may have to add the folder they're in to the search DB. Locate it using the browser on the left and right-click and select "Add to DB".. or something along those lines.

What program did you use to rip the files? Just wondering why you have them all in different file types, did you not keep the same settings?

Also, could you not just use the original discs and a DVD player for tommorow night?

ppentertainments
13-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Did you not realise this before ripping thousands of tracks ?? As Danno say's if you are having problems I would use the original discs for tomorrow until you get used to your system.

DazzyD
15-11-2008, 12:17 PM
This is the way it's supposed to work - a karaoke file (MP3+G anyway) is made up of two files - a CDG file (the graphics) and an MP3 file (the audio). VDJ shows both files so you need to make sure you load up the CDG file (the one with the "k" on the green background) and this will automatically load both the graphics and the audio. This is the reason that, when ripping the CD+G, you need to make sure both files have exactly the same name and are in the same folder together.

I do feel that it's very irresponsible and unprofessional to be taking on these gigs at such short notice and with very little preparation. Whenever I use new software or systems, I give it at least 12 hours (3-4 gigs worth) of practise at home before taking it out on the road. This way I learn everything I need to to be able to do my job and I know that the software or system will be reliable in a live show. I can't understand why anyone would take out a system that they don't know inside and out. That's just asking for trouble.