PDA

View Full Version : Giraffe stand junction width?

One Vision
16-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Hya fellas I'm looking to buy a couple of g-clamps to fit on the Giraffe deck stand.
Does anybody know what size fits the joint bracket in the center of the single top bar?
:)

welby
17-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Hya fellas I'm looking to buy a couple of g-clamps to fit on the Giraffe deck stand.
Does anybody know what size fits the joint bracket in the center of the single top bar?
:)

25mm fits my 4ft stand and if you find a cheap supplier please let me know as I paid £15 for a set of four!!! :bang:

Excalibur
17-11-2008, 05:57 PM
25mm fits my 4ft stand and if you find a cheap supplier please let me know as I paid £15 for a set of four!!! :bang:

If you can pick them up, DFB. £10. Don't know about postage

One Vision
17-11-2008, 06:13 PM

Hya mate, yeh 25mm is for the actual steel tube, the center jointing bracket is slightly wider.
This is just so I can put the impossibled in the dead center, my stand is up at my workshop but not there until Wednesday and wanted to order a couple so I could hopefully take them up on Wednesday.
I reckon they must be about 4mm difference so may take a chance and order a couple of wider Ultimax ones.

Excalibur
17-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Hya mate, yeh 25mm is for the actual steel tube, the center jointing bracket is slightly wider.
This is just so I can put the impossibled in the dead center, my stand is up at my workshop but not there until Wednesday and wanted to order a couple so I could hopefully take them up on Wednesday.
I reckon they must be about 4mm difference so may take a chance and order a couple of wider Ultimax ones.

I'm not sure a 32mm one will be a better fit. ;) I'd try a 25mm first.

One Vision
17-11-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure a 32mm one will be a better fit. ;) I'd try a 25mm first.

How snug do the clamps usually fit I thought the standard tube was 25mm?

Excalibur
18-11-2008, 06:15 PM
How snug do the clamps usually fit I thought the standard tube was 25mm?

I reckon a 32mm won't tighten well on 25mm bar. I couldn't possibly recommend this, but I have heard that it's possible to "ease" a 25mm clamp in a vice to allow it to gain those vital few mm's. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

welby
23-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I reckon a 32mm won't tighten well on 25mm bar. I couldn't possibly recommend this, but I have heard that it's possible to "ease" a 25mm clamp in a vice to allow it to gain those vital few mm's. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

25mm fits my bar centres ok

Corabar Steve
23-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Try the type of clamp Gary is using in the 4th picture in this thread http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16181 We have some & they fit 32mm down to 25mm & everything in between. (can't remember where we got ours from though, maybe Gary can help as it appears to be a Giraffe stand that he's using)

Excalibur
23-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Try the type of clamp Gary is using in the 4th picture in this thread http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16181 We have some & they fit 32mm down to 25mm & everything in between. (can't remember where we got ours from though, maybe Gary can help as it appears to be a Giraffe stand that he's using)

I reckon they're these or equivalent. I'll check mine later.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=28584

These are available elsewhere.

One Vision
23-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks fellas Ill have a look in to them :)

One Vision
25-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Well I actualy remembered to measure the bracket today and it surprised me just how much wider it is, the reason being the bracket is actualy rolled steal as apposed to being the next size up u channel, so the bends are roundish so requires the 32mm clamps.

Excalibur
25-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Well I actualy remembered to measure the bracket today and it surprised me just how much wider it is, the reason being the bracket is actualy rolled steal as apposed to being the next size up u channel, so the bends are roundish so requires the 32mm clamps.

I sit corrected. :( :D

One Vision
26-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I sit corrected. :( :D

Not really mate, you would have expected them to simply use U section 1 size up from the actual box section :)