PDA

View Full Version : friends

axeman
25-11-2008, 07:57 PM
just wanted to let you all know, prior to the big childrens party, when i was a little nervous and looking for inspiration and words of wisdom, I asked the Legendary entertainer and DJ Mr Mayhem for any advice he could throw my way ! he phoned my house, and not only did he gave me some sound advice and put me at ease, but gave me loads of ideas for my kids parties i do in future, for instance i used to do a play your cards right night in a local pub so i have the massive playing cards and other eqpt already, so thanks to garry ive adapted it to suit the kids, its now called higher or lower and has a few twists.. genious !!

Iv'e had a phone call today from the local paper wanting to interview me about my "Noels xmas presents" disco party i've just done, and im buzzing and thrilled, the publicity on a local level will be brilliant for my young business.

I just wanted to thank the Forum members who have helped me, especially Callum and garry.... you are what this forum is about, helping others!

Shaun
25-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Iv'e had a phone call today from the local paper wanting to interview me about my "Noels xmas presents" disco party i've just done, and im buzzing and thrilled, the publicity on a local level will be brilliant for my young business.

Fantastic. Onwards and upwards Brian. Continued success to you. :)

Mayhem 1
26-11-2008, 06:24 AM
Many thanks for those very knid words Brian mate.

A pleasure to help out.

As a Children's Entertainer I have been there and done it so if i can help anyone with help and advice it is my pleasure.

All the very best for the future buddy.

Best regards

wensleydale
26-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Many thanks for those very knid words Brian mate.

A pleasure to help out.

As a Children's Entertainer I have been there and done it so if i can help anyone with help and advice it is my pleasure.

All the very best for the future buddy.

Best regards

Have you touched Zoe Salmon too????

Mayhem 1
26-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Who Me??

ppentertainments
26-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Just to add to the compliments for Garry (Mr Mayhem). I have twice started a thread on Childrens Entertainment asking for help and on both occasions I had Mr Mayhem on the phone to offer his advice. Both times the calls have been for a very long duration due to the valued info received.

This sort of help is what forums like this are about, I had never asked Mr Mahyem directly and had never met him yet he phoned out of the blue to offer advice - Great

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Putting the advice on the forum is a bit more far reaching too.

axeman
26-11-2008, 09:28 AM
the advice was about filling time with fun, using the skills you have, chanting funny rhymes and getting the kids to copy, that sort of thing...brilliant free and simple !

Mayhem 1
26-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks,

Darren, the only reason i contact people direct is because it is easier to explain things and ideas over the phone direct.

I apologies for not posting the info but saying that i am at the moment preparing an info sheet which i will happily email to anyone who would like any hints and tips.

axeman
26-11-2008, 11:34 AM
yeah put me down for one coz ive forgot the chants !

Mayhem 1
26-11-2008, 12:22 PM
What are you like mate lol

ppentertainments
26-11-2008, 01:38 PM
yeah put me down for one coz ive forgot the chants !

Ha Ha, Must admit I had to improvise in the middle when using it last night as could not read my own writing.

axeman
26-11-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah i thought it was easy, and just wrote down a few pointers, but an hour later it was all a mystery again ? mr mayhem you are a genious sir ? i know it's just practice coz i can rattle off lymerics and some poems and it's the same thing... but ill be reading it for a while before it flows naturally....