PDA

View Full Version : Led bars....

dmckaraoke
28-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Ok which one is best...

Ledj blockbuster6 vs Kam Led 800s

Ledj blockbuster6.....£149.00

The BlockBuster 6 is a bank of 324 Ultra bright LED's which are grouped into 6 blocks, each contained in a heavy duty metal casing. Each block can be controlled independently and is made up from a mixture of red, green and blue ultra bright LED's. The BlockBuster can be used as a replacement for the traditional light box to create a stunning focal point. Features: DMX Channels: 5, 8, 11 & 20 selectable Stand-alone and Master/Slave function Sound activated 324 ultra bright LED's divided into 6 blocks ( R:54, G:135, B:135 ) Beam angle 40 degree's Smooth linear electronic dimming RGB colour mixing Strobe effects in any colour, up to 50 flashes per second LCD menu control board

http://www.djgoldmine.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=313&P_ID=846

.................................................. ..............................

Kam Led 800s MKII....£180.00

The new Kam LED800s LED lighting strip is a re-invented classic lighting effect. Using 648 ultra bright leds, split into 8 groups that will produce fantastic pre-programmed effects through the 8 pre-set programs. Up to 50 flashed per second, in any colour, can be achieved. Sound activated operation means you can simply plug it in for an instant lighting show. An lcd menu control board and impressive dmx control, means you can have full control over your show. Multiple units can be connected to get a chain of synchronised led lighting strips. The led lighting strip is a firm favourite for enhancing dull deck stands and lighting bars, and you'll even find them employed in bars and clubs.

http://www.getinthemix.co.uk/LED-800-S-Kam-LED800s-Colour-Bar.htm

Vectis
28-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Best for what?

Mood lighting?
Pretending to be a lightscreen?
Robustness?
Weight?
Interoperability?
Price?

Tell us what you want it for and we might be better placed to advise :o

Totally Plucked
28-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Just for your reference,
SHOWTEC do an identical unit to prolight's blockbuster 6. It's made by a company called 'Showtec' available from Ozz sound & lighting a fair bit cheaper than the blockbuster 6

dmckaraoke
28-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Best for what?

Mood lighting?
Pretending to be a lightscreen?
Robustness?
Weight?
Interoperability?
Price?

Tell us what you want it for and we might be better placed to advise :o

All round usability....

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-11-2008, 10:05 AM
American DJ Megabar :thumbsup:

Ajaysdisco
28-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I would go for Kam

I recently brought 6 LEDJ LED lights and 5 of them have failed within 2 months. :eek:

I have tried contacting Prolight (LEDJ) and they are refusing to help.
If I were you I would avoid LEDJ

Corabar Steve
28-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I've always found Prolight very helpful when I've had dealings with them.

Depends on who you talk to I suppose.

Ajaysdisco
28-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I've always found Prolight very helpful when I've had dealings with them.

Depends on who you talk to I suppose.

Any idea who you spoke too?
(Sorry, slightly off topic)

Excalibur
28-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I would go for Kam

I recently brought 6 LEDJ LED lights and 5 of them have failed within 2 months. :eek:

I have tried contacting Prolight (LEDJ) and they are refusing to help.
If I were you I would avoid LEDJ

I'm having issues with KAM, so one-all! :D
I rate the KAM units highly, I don't know anything about the LEDJ. I'd have another look, as I'd reckon they're available below £180. ;)

Totally Plucked
28-11-2008, 06:22 PM
American DJ Megabar :thumbsup:

Agree with Darren the American Dj Mega bar are fantastic also the panels, but the 'Showtecs' are worth a look