PDA

View Full Version : Led Uv Lights

Bouncy Dancefloor
01-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Hello
i am looking to buy a LED UV Light, ive looked closely at the LEDJ UV Stratos for approx £90

now before i invest my money, is anyone aware of anything comparable or superior?

Oh, not interested in traditional UV Cannons, im moving away from them

Thanks

Shaun
01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi there.

Please take a moment to pop over to the 'Newbies Section (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32) and introduce yourself and say hi to the members.

Cheers. :beer1: :)

501damian501
01-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Hello
i am looking to buy a LED UV Light, ive looked closely at the LEDJ UV Stratos for approx £90

now before i invest my money, is anyone aware of anything comparable or superior?

Thanks

you might find uv cannons are the best!

Bouncy Dancefloor
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM
thats not really what i was asking Damian, i already have 4 of those and im moving away from them

501damian501
01-12-2008, 11:16 PM
whats wrong with them ?

Shaun
01-12-2008, 11:18 PM
whats wrong with them ?

The title of the thread would be a good indication.

He's looking for LED UV's.

Bouncy Dancefloor
01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
if i wanted to start a debate about which is better LED or Standard UV cannons, you can be sure i would have named it so. Also this is not about the pro's and con's of LED UV Lighting

i thought the title was fairly clear, thanks for the agreement EliteDJ

501damian501
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
what about the uv stratos ?

better stick with your cannons...

Shaun
01-12-2008, 11:30 PM
what about the uv stratos ?

better stick with your cannons...

Have you even bothered to read the first post?

Hello

Thanks

Bouncy Dancefloor
01-12-2008, 11:32 PM
im rather new to this forum, is it possible for me to ignore/block users?

I think this person is just bored or has a screw lose, either way id rather he didnt do it on my thread

Shaun
01-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Let's try not to get personal.

Unfortunately there's no block user feature. You'll just have to try ignore Damian like the rest of have to. :d

Tom
01-12-2008, 11:39 PM
I think it depends on what you want to use it for.

You have LED UV Par cans (http://www.djstore.com/item/adjuvpar64.htm?affid=froogle) or a LED UV bar (http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR277643)

I have never used a UV canon but from what I have heard I would never use one anyway. BOOM....ohh, its just the lamp. lol.

LED all the way. :D:D:D

Bouncy Dancefloor
01-12-2008, 11:49 PM
oooh a serious reply, thanks! I guess i should say what id use it for
1) Just to add a bit of a glow to Weddings etc, so mainly flooding the dancefloor area
2) Kids Parties, with glow sticks, it makes it look amazing. Also some kids parties have UV paint now. (tempted to see how the UV Bubble fluid looks lol)
3) Dry Hire, i must hire out UV Cannons multiple times a year, my main concern is how easy the bulbs are to blow and how hard it is to prove its anyones fault. They get so hot, the slightest knock and they blow

I havnt seen an LED Parcan, my only worry is that its a more focused beam, than a flood

Ive seen the LED UV bar my American DJ, the major downside is the sheer size, itll hog too much space on the stand

kilmeedyman
01-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Ive seen the LED UV bar my American DJ, the major downside is the sheer size, itll hog too much space on the stand

Just a thought but could it not be placed vertically on the outside of the stand upright on one side or the other? Wouldn;t nick space from other things then. (That's if you're using a giraffe/ultimax/prolight type stand with overhead bar.)

Bouncy Dancefloor
02-12-2008, 12:24 AM
i guess it is possible, do you know how they compare to the LEDJ Stratos? And worth the extra cost? (almost double)

Tom
02-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Par cans wold be more wash than spot.

Just think of led parcan uplights. When put in the right place, they can take place of normal lighting above the head.

501damian501
02-12-2008, 12:43 AM
i guess it is possible, do you know how they compare to the LEDJ Stratos? And worth the extra cost? (almost double)

to be honest with you all, its all down to personal choice, maybe go to a dj shop and get the lights you want set up ect ect, then you can see.

kilmeedyman
02-12-2008, 01:01 AM

I have not seen the Stratos, however having seen the configuration i would say the spread of light is less on the Stratos but is probably more intense.

Speak to a couple of DJ kit suppliers, I dunno maybe CRS1 and HTFR and they might be able to help you make your mind up.

501damian501
02-12-2008, 01:38 AM
I have not seen the Stratos, however having seen the configuration i would say the spread of light is less on the Stratos but is probably more intense.

Speak to a couple of DJ kit suppliers, I dunno maybe CRS1 and HTFR and they might be able to help you make your mind up.

why not get intouch with the forums very own HTFR expert adam ? :D

Totally Plucked
02-12-2008, 04:23 AM
Hi Bouncy, Welcome to the forum.
I used to own a pair of the Ledj uv stratos and they were excellent, there are dip switches on the unit and you can use these as a bright or dim function also. All in all a very bright effect nice and compact (about the same size as the American Dj Mega panel) and of course you dont have to worry about expensive replacement lamps as with the canon. As for a similar product a company called 'Showtec' do a nice range of led lighting they do an almost identical version of prolights blockbuster 6 but a fair bit cheaper. I know Ozz sound and lighting was stocking some of their range not too long ago. Try googling 'Showtec' and hopefully you may find something useful and save yourself a few quid !

Corabar Steve
02-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Let's try not to get personal.

Unfortunately there's no block user feature. You'll just have to try ignore Damian like the rest of have to. :d

However, if you click somebody's user name & view their profile there is an option to ignore their posts.

nigelwright7557
02-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Hello

Thanks

I would go and see one working, I bought a LED UV lamp that wasnt very bright at all. I now use a 400W UV cannon and that really does the job well.

Bouncy Dancefloor
02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
thanks for the helpful replies guys, Corabar Steves being the best one :p

i know that the LED ones just dont quite have the same impact as the UV cannons, but thats generally overkill anyway (and dont get me started on the heat!)

Ive looked very closely at the LEDJ Stratos UV, ive played with the dipswitches, you can change the brightness, link them up and make them flash to the music which is handy. Its bright enough for my uses and the price is acceptable. So before i wade in, im seing if theres anything else i should be considering and of course peoples opinions.

Local shop only stocks the LEDJ Stratos, i cant imagine many shops stocking too many of these to compare as at the end of the day, they are just UV lights hehe

Im gonna go do a bit of research into these showtec ones, also alot of web searches come up with the American DJ Mega Panel which looks similar but is priced a fair bit higher at £125

yourdj
03-12-2008, 09:19 PM
you might find uv cannons are the best!

:daft::daft::daft::daft::daft::daft::daft::daft:

nigelwright7557
03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
:daft::daft::daft::daft::daft::daft::daft::daft:

My Soundlab UV cannon is great, it spreads the light around a good area.

spin mobile disco
04-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I did look into the chavaut uv led panels they sell for about £100 but must admit I was unsure myself as to whether they would be bright enough for any effect.

they are here if interested http://www.ebdj.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?product_id=13513

501damian501
04-12-2008, 12:41 AM
but must admit I was unsure myself as to whether they would be bright enough for any effect. [/url]

my though aswell :D