PDA

View Full Version : Headphone Hunt

Woodyo
07-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I have gone through numerous headphones over the years but this year I'm now going to be on my 3rd pair. In the past I have found the cheap and cheerfull ones just as robust or even more robust than the more expensive brands. Last set I bought were a pair of Cirtonic ultima something or others which have now started to crackle and cut out in one ear pc so its time to replace again. Any suggestions on a good robust and keenly priced set of cans?

djsteve10
07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Senheiser HD25

Shaun
07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I recommend the Sennheiser HD25's (http://www.djstore.co.uk/item.php?item=senhd25). I've had the same pair for years - all I've needed to replace are the ear pads. Excellent headphones - very loud!.

Grahame Case
07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
i'd also recommend the HD-25's - used them before and was impressed with them,

i'm currently using these : http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=582536&search_type=search&search_words=noise%20cancelling&prodtemp=t1&cm_re=Result*R1C2*T

can't really complain about them, they cut out the noise caused by the main mix enabling lower listening volumes

Dynamic Entertainment
07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Id have to reccomend the Pioneer HDJ1000. had the same pair for going on 6 years and never had a single problem with them. Getting on for needing the ear pads replaced now mind.

I personally dont like the Sennheiser HD25s. A dj i used to work with had a pair and they just felt flimsy. Im not saying they are but the pioneers are a bit chunkier and i couldnt get used to the Sennheisers. Just a personal opinion (probably wrong mind) :)

nigelwright7557
07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I have gone through numerous headphones over the years but this year I'm now going to be on my 3rd pair. In the past I have found the cheap and cheerfull ones just as robust or even more robust than the more expensive brands. Last set I bought were a pair of Cirtonic ultima something or others which have now started to crackle and cut out in one ear pc so its time to replace again. Any suggestions on a good robust and keenly priced set of cans?

Sounds to me like your rough with them.
I have had one cheap pair for donkeys years and never had a problem.

If they are cutting out and crackling then your pulling on the wires too much.

DJ James Lake
07-12-2008, 10:47 PM
I second the Pioneer HDJ1000 headphones, I too went through several sets (clumsy roadie) have had the Pioneers 2 years now and as good as new and very well built

kilmeedyman
08-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Sennheiser HD25 mkII for me. Extremely robust, fantastic noise cancelling, superb sound quality.

Twinspin
08-12-2008, 03:08 AM
When i went to BPM this year i had a listen to a few pairs of decent headphones when i was looking for some to replace mine with. I got he chance to listen to Allen & Heaths and pioneers and did actually hear some by Beyer Dymanic,

All quality headphones. But it has to be said. I then picked up a pair of sennheisers hd25 mkIIs on the sennheiser stand. They were the best headphones out of the lot. I bought some myself.

They are the best headphones going. so i will definetely recommend the HD25everytime. Sennheiser Rock!